iguide issue

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
ronm

iguide issue

Post by ronm » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:39 am

Just bought a new phone and uploaded the iguide Android app as I had done with my old mobile. Unfortunately once I input my Velar details it keeps returning an error message 'error occurred while attempting to contact server....' Have been trying to upload this for the past three days, just wondering if there's an issue with the iguide, down for maintenance or otherwise.

Really found it useful especially as it worked offline.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks
Ron

Velar D300 HSE Narvik Black :D

CRC@LandRover

Re: iguide issue

Post by CRC@LandRover » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Good Afternoon Ronm

Thank you for your post.

I would like to take the opportunity to investigate this further. To do so, please can you advise if you have recently carried out an update on your Android mobile device?

Our Application Development Team are continuously updating our applications. This can sometimes be delayed due to mobile phone manufacturers also making updates to their own software.

I would recommend that you visit the Google Play store to see if an update is available for the app.

Should this not be the case, please do not hesitate to come back to me.

Thanks,

Dan - Land Rover UK

ronm

Post by ronm » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Thank you so much for replying Dan.

I have just bought a new mobile [the new Samsung S10e] with the latest Samsung software and Android 9. When I migrated all my info from my previous phone a Samsung A3 it downloaded the app from the Google website. As I was getting no joy with the 'manual' update I uninstalled the app on my new phone, restarted the device and reinstalled once again from the google website so it is the latest version of the app that's available.
The app works okay I get to the select model, year then choosing the engine option, it then messages - 'your manual will now be downloaded from the internet'. At that point it tries, I assume, to connect to the server then it gives the - 'An error occurred while attempting to contact the server...'

Any further info you need or screen shots I will be most willing to supply. Really enjoyed having the app on my phone as there is so much to learn on the Velar. Hence my dismay when I couldn't get it on my new one.

Kind Regards
Ron
Ron

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:33 pm

ronm wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:32 pm
Thank you so much for replying Dan.

I have just bought a new mobile [the new Samsung S10e] with the latest Samsung software and Android 9. When I migrated all my info from my previous phone a Samsung A3 it downloaded the app from the Google website. As I was getting no joy with the 'manual' update I uninstalled the app on my new phone, restarted the device and reinstalled once again from the google website so it is the latest version of the app that's available.
The app works okay I get to the select model, year then choosing the engine option, it then messages - 'your manual will now be downloaded from the internet'. At that point it tries, I assume, to connect to the server then it gives the - 'An error occurred while attempting to contact the server...'

Any further info you need or screen shots I will be most willing to supply. Really enjoyed having the app on my phone as there is so much to learn on the Velar. Hence my dismay when I couldn't get it on my new one.

Kind Regards
Ron

Good Afternoon Ronm

I would be more than happy to investigate this further for you, please may I kindly request that you send me a PM with the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your personal contact details

Many Thanks

Dan - Land Rover UK

ronm

Post by ronm » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi Dan

Sent you a PM with the details you requested. At least I hope I have, not too sure about using the draft and PMs, let me know if you haven't received it and I will try to do better.

Many thanks

Ron
Ron

Return to “Land Rover Customer Relations”