New Member Potential Order

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Stevier
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 pm
Location: UK

New Member Potential Order

Post by Stevier » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:14 am

Hi Guys,

New member, was at my local land rover dealership at the weekend looking at a potential order for a Velar in narvik black D240 SE, pan roof, black pack, oyster/ebony interior, 21'' alloys and ambient lighting. Initial monthlies came out something silly, in the £800's. Having a look at carwow I was getting about a 7.2% discount which was working out still about 100 a month out of budget.

I've been having a look at dropping to the D180 which would most likely fall in budget and seems quite popular with everyone on here but was concerned with the lack of power. Coming from an S3 saloon I wasn't expecting any of the engines to blow me away but not sure if the 180 will be too underpowered for such a big car.

Stevie.


RichWilkie
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:40 pm
Location: UK

Re: New Member Potential Order

Post by RichWilkie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:28 am

My advice would be to go book an extended test drive in a D180 and drive it as you would normally and then decide if you can live with it
(Do the same for the D240 if you need to), you will certainly get a much better idea of suitability versus the prospect of asking for other peoples opinions.....
Because in this instance, the only opinion that matters, is your (informed) one.
In my experience, peoples perceptions and expectations are all (very) different and may not necessarily match yours.
(Which is why we don't all buy the same model, spec and colour vehicle)


Daws4137
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: Staffordshire UK

Re: New Member Potential Order

Post by Daws4137 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:29 am

Try Stoke Land Rover (STRATSONE) salesman called AZ . They were doing a deal nicknamed 429.00 deal

Ive ordered an r-dynamic se D180 with a few extras for sub 500.00 a month with a 429.00 deposit. Gets delivered next month.

I don’t know whether or not that deal is still on going but worth a phone call.
On order..... D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....


Stevier
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: New Member Potential Order

Post by Stevier » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:44 am

Daws4137 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:29 am
Try Stoke Land Rover (STRATSONE) salesman called AZ . They were doing a deal nicknamed 429.00 deal

Ive ordered an r-dynamic se D180 with a few extras for sub 500.00 a month with a 429.00 deposit. Gets delivered next month.

I don’t know whether or not that deal is still on going but worth a phone call.
I actually seen that, as far as I know its still available, the only issue was I'm sure it was only up to 5k miles per year. I've had a look at selectcar leasing, business was coming out circa 560 with personal about 650.


Stevier
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: New Member Potential Order

Post by Stevier » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:53 am

RichWilkie wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:28 am
My advice would be to go book an extended test drive in a D180 and drive it as you would normally and then decide if you can live with it
(Do the same for the D240 if you need to), you will certainly get a much better idea of suitability versus the prospect of asking for other peoples opinions.....
Because in this instance, the only opinion that matters, is your (informed) one.
In my experience, peoples perceptions and expectations are all (very) different and may not necessarily match yours.
(Which is why we don't all buy the same model, spec and colour vehicle)
I had the d240 out at the weekend, was actually quite surprised with it and was happy with the power. Definitely need to try the d180 when I'm back home and see how it compares.


zoban17
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: New Member Potential Order

Post by zoban17 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:45 pm

D180 which lacks power would be good on efficiency so depends on your preference. D240 is a better engine and has a good punch compared to D180 with decent fuel economy. Also one bit to keep in mind is how long are you willing to wait and does your dealer have enough slots to order the build. be sure to check that once you are ready with your spec and options.
In terms of costs carwow is a good site for getting offers and you would find a better deal for sure if on PCP. However most dealers who would come back to you with good offers wouldn't have a car in stock or shorter wait times. Currently they are saying Jan end or early Feb..
2.0 D180 R-Dynamic SE 5dr Auto [2019] ,Premium metallic - Silicon silver
Electric panoramic sunroof with sunblind


Stevier
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: New Member Potential Order

Post by Stevier » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 am

zoban17 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:45 pm
D180 which lacks power would be good on efficiency so depends on your preference. D240 is a better engine and has a good punch compared to D180 with decent fuel economy. Also one bit to keep in mind is how long are you willing to wait and does your dealer have enough slots to order the build. be sure to check that once you are ready with your spec and options.
In terms of costs carwow is a good site for getting offers and you would find a better deal for sure if on PCP. However most dealers who would come back to you with good offers wouldn't have a car in stock or shorter wait times. Currently they are saying Jan end or early Feb..
Coming from the S3 I wasn't after the power, more economy as I'm travelling for work a lot more now and comfort as the S3 springs are horrific so the D180 probably would be fine. The stratstone offer is still available on the D180 R dynamic SE (Which I believe is a higher standard spec than the SE I was looking at albeit the D240) with £439 deposit and £439p/m, 3.9%APR which seems like an absolute steal so wondering what the catch is :roll:


zoban17
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: New Member Potential Order

Post by zoban17 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Stevier wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 am
zoban17 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:45 pm
D180 which lacks power would be good on efficiency so depends on your preference. D240 is a better engine and has a good punch compared to D180 with decent fuel economy. Also one bit to keep in mind is how long are you willing to wait and does your dealer have enough slots to order the build. be sure to check that once you are ready with your spec and options.
In terms of costs carwow is a good site for getting offers and you would find a better deal for sure if on PCP. However most dealers who would come back to you with good offers wouldn't have a car in stock or shorter wait times. Currently they are saying Jan end or early Feb..
Coming from the S3 I wasn't after the power, more economy as I'm travelling for work a lot more now and comfort as the S3 springs are horrific so the D180 probably would be fine. The stratstone offer is still available on the D180 R dynamic SE (Which I believe is a higher standard spec than the SE I was looking at albeit the D240) with £439 deposit and £439p/m, 3.9%APR which seems like an absolute steal so wondering what the catch is :roll:
no catch it's the way finance modelling is done to keep payments low. :) I didnt find your offer on their website but came across another one which if you see closely looks like a good offer but customer deposit is £12K hence the payments come lower for a D240 R Dynamic SE version.
On The Road Price £58,510.00
Finance Deposit Allowance (FDA) £0.00
Customer Deposit £12,160.00
Total Amount of Credit £46,350.00
Purchase Fee (included in final payment) £10.00
36 Monthly Payments £499.00
Optional Final Payment £35,670.00
Total Amount Payable (inc FDA) £65,794.00
Duration of Agreement 37 Months
Representative APR 5.9% APR
Interest Rate (Fixed) 5.75%

Suggest you speak to them and i am sure they would work out a better deal than the one on their website.
2.0 D180 R-Dynamic SE 5dr Auto [2019] ,Premium metallic - Silicon silver
Electric panoramic sunroof with sunblind


Stevier
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: New Member Potential Order

Post by Stevier » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:04 pm

zoban17 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 pm
Stevier wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 am
zoban17 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:45 pm
D180 which lacks power would be good on efficiency so depends on your preference. D240 is a better engine and has a good punch compared to D180 with decent fuel economy. Also one bit to keep in mind is how long are you willing to wait and does your dealer have enough slots to order the build. be sure to check that once you are ready with your spec and options.
In terms of costs carwow is a good site for getting offers and you would find a better deal for sure if on PCP. However most dealers who would come back to you with good offers wouldn't have a car in stock or shorter wait times. Currently they are saying Jan end or early Feb..
Coming from the S3 I wasn't after the power, more economy as I'm travelling for work a lot more now and comfort as the S3 springs are horrific so the D180 probably would be fine. The stratstone offer is still available on the D180 R dynamic SE (Which I believe is a higher standard spec than the SE I was looking at albeit the D240) with £439 deposit and £439p/m, 3.9%APR which seems like an absolute steal so wondering what the catch is :roll:
no catch it's the way finance modelling is done to keep payments low. :) I didnt find your offer on their website but came across another one which if you see closely looks like a good offer but customer deposit is £12K hence the payments come lower for a D240 R Dynamic SE version.
On The Road Price £58,510.00
Finance Deposit Allowance (FDA) £0.00
Customer Deposit £12,160.00
Total Amount of Credit £46,350.00
Purchase Fee (included in final payment) £10.00
36 Monthly Payments £499.00
Optional Final Payment £35,670.00
Total Amount Payable (inc FDA) £65,794.00
Duration of Agreement 37 Months
Representative APR 5.9% APR
Interest Rate (Fixed) 5.75%

Suggest you speak to them and i am sure they would work out a better deal than the one on their website.
I came across it by looking at their website, was a deal for the R dynamic SE and R dynamic available. they put me through to Newcastle land rover which was the closet to me and they came back with £1500 deposit £499 a month for a narvik black R dynamic SE D180 with pan roof, privacy glass, extended leather & ambient lighting, also extended the annual mileage from 6k to 8k.


J77
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: New Member Potential Order

Post by J77 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:28 pm

I’ve tried the D180 in the Disco Sport, it’s a good enough engine, does the job really. I can’t say I noticed a big drop in performance over my D240.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White


Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”