Ordered a D240 SE... paranoid about gangsta-pimp

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dazloid

Ordered a D240 SE... paranoid about gangsta-pimp

Post by Dazloid » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Hello all,

I've ordered a Firenze red D240, and have gone to town a little on options.

Scariest option is the Kvadrat interior - not seen it, but I like the concept / philosophy, and if it ends up looking a bit Ligne Roset I'll be delighted.

Furniture Warehouse? Less so... I guess we'll see.

I've bought it for my wife as a surprise - hence the Firenze red as that's the colour she chose for her Evoque (which is being traded in for the Velar).

Otherwise, I've added panoramic sliding sunroof, the 20 way massage heat / cool seats (part of the Kvadrat deal), HUD, all the technology packs, ambient lighting, air suspension, surround camera system, remote climate control.

Where I'm paranoid? The external elements - I turn up at a JLR dealer and at least half the cars on the forecourt look over-pimped to me. Just my subjective view, but I've therefore stayed away from R Dynamic, black packs, and bigger wheels. And tinted windows. Not ticking the tint may have been a mistake, but there's always the after market...

Looking forward to seeing all our pictures as these arrive - I'm buoyed by the positive reviews and the feedback on this forum as some of your cars have arrived.

I ordered mine back in the first week or so when they started taking orders. Had a build date of 18 July, and it's been built. Was anticipating early August delivery. But I've now been told factory has closed for the summer break and I won't get it until September...

Oh well...

mth75

Re: Ordered a D240 SE... paranoid about gangsta-pimp

Post by mth75 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Wait ... you traded in her Evoque without her knowing :-) ?

Dazloid

Post by Dazloid » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Er... yes... fingers crossed she likes it better than the Evoque...

melbarro

Post by melbarro » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:28 am

Couldn't agree more .... The r dynamic model in fact has no dynamic additions .... It's just a body kit and the ONLY part of it I like is the twin exhaust finishers .... Which you only get on the p300 and the 6 cylinder engines.
Better to add configurable dynamics if you actually want to make the car slightly more dynamic.
I have optioned full extended leather ambient lighting and illuminated tread plates too .... And some other things.
Sadly however being in Australia I haven't been given a build date yet (p300 engine) ..... Seems I'm probably looking at 2018 for delivery .... Only first editions and diesels arrive here this year.
So while I'm waiting please everyone in uk and elsewhere post pics and vids of your velarised when you get them !

melbarro

Post by melbarro » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 pm

PS - pity our American friends who can only order SE and HSE spec if the choose R dynamic ! ..... Then again looking at usa pricing baffles me .... So much cheaper there even factoring in exchange rates and taxes ! .... Hard to resist concluding JLR is price gouging some markets and being generous to others !

OZ_Velar

Post by OZ_Velar » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:22 pm

JLR USA does large volume but the main thing is that the US isn't charged stupid LCT and then GST ontop of the price. All the taxes we get in Australia are typically what rips us off compared to rest of the world

melbarro

Post by melbarro » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Yes that accounts for a large part of it .... Exchange rate, GST LCT and stamp duty roughly all add up produce double the final price for Aus buyers, compared to usa buyers ....... But using a simple example metallic paint additional cost in USA is $500 approx in Aus is $1700 ...... How do you explain that !

Ausvelar

Post by Ausvelar » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 am

melbarro wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:28 am
Couldn't agree more .... The r dynamic model in fact has no dynamic additions .... It's just a body kit and the ONLY part of it I like is the twin exhaust finishers .... Which you only get on the p300 and the 6 cylinder engines.
Better to add configurable dynamics if you actually want to make the car slightly more dynamic.
I have optioned full extended leather ambient lighting and illuminated tread plates too .... And some other things.
Sadly however being in Australia I haven't been given a build date yet (p300 engine) ..... Seems I'm probably looking at 2018 for delivery .... Only first editions and diesels arrive here this year.
So while I'm waiting please everyone in uk and elsewhere post pics and vids of your velarised when you get them !
I ordered mine from Port Melbourne about 2 weeks ago and SA managed to find me a free build slot with a September build date, November delivery. Previous to that it was an October build date with December delivery. If you're really keen for an earlier delivery, i would give them a call and speak to Peter.
Definitely one of the better Land Rover dealerships out there.

melbarro

Post by melbarro » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 am

Hi Ausvelar,
Ive actually ordered mine from Port Melb too!! - and yes I"ve found them fantastic to deal with too.
I'm guessing yours is a diesel engine spec?
They told me they would have some diesels in in November but were getting no joy (or info of any kind) from JLR Aus, as to when petrols (non First Editions) would be be built for Aus orders.

Ausvelar

Post by Ausvelar » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:21 am

Yeah I'm going the v6 diesel in HSE, not sure what the go is with the petrol deliveries. I missed your comment about your petrol spec. I was originally thinking petrol too but decided the 0-100 of 6.5 with the diesel is plenty quick for my needs. Seems the early delivery is a bonus.

Return to “Introductions”