Land Rover Route

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
NISHSO

Re: Land Rover Route

Post by NISHSO » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:11 pm

I got that first time around ~ it was to do with the SIM card they give you which hadn’t registered correctly.
R Dynamic HSE 275 in Fuji White with Ebony Perforated Windsor Extended Leather-Drivers Assist Pack, Black Pack, HUD, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel
Previous cars:-
Jaguar F-Pace, Jaguar F-Type, Audi A7, Audi A5, BMW 5 Series, Jaguar S Type

Sjbatpsl

Post by Sjbatpsl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:57 am

Hi NISHSO & thanks for your input.

My latest news is that the car spent a day with the dealer on Thursday where the software was updated yet again - that is two important software updates in the last 6 weeks.

I do not believe there is a problem with the vehicle. The tracker & InControl Remote app know exactly where the car is.

The problem is Land Rover Route software.

I am giving up on it. The navigation system works in the vehicle. The app doesn’t so the app is deleted.

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:11 am

Mine went in last week, dealer said LR would email me to reset system, still waiting a week later.
I found it useful to set destination on app or PC (helps to keep the car screen clean) & now I don’t have InControl I don’t get any traffic data.
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 19B 19.4.4 436082

Sjbatpsl

Post by Sjbatpsl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Mike

I have informed the dealer of the result. I have even started a route from the dealer (where ‘Route’ thinks the car is) back to my home but it just does not work.

I am sure the issue is with the Route app, not the vehicle because InControl Remote is tracking the vehicle accurately.

The dealer is going to consult JLR again!! I am not holding my breath. For now I have removed Route from my IPhone & IPad.

Will let you know if anything happens.

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Sjbatpsl wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:19 pm
Mike

I have informed the dealer of the result. I have even started a route from the dealer (where ‘Route’ thinks the car is) back to my home but it just does not work.

I am sure the issue is with the Route app, not the vehicle because InControl Remote is tracking the vehicle accurately.

The dealer is going to consult JLR again!! I am not holding my breath. For now I have removed Route from my IPhone & IPad.

Will let you know if anything happens.
Thanks, at the beginning everything was working fine but after the “18” update i’m In the same situation.

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:52 pm

Car went back on Monday for third attempt at a fix. They replaced the telematics control unit & that appears to have fixed my issues.
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 19B 19.4.4 436082

Sjbatpsl

Post by Sjbatpsl » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:57 pm

Quick update - had another issue with the infotainment system - MyHome screen was not very reliable - keeps losing the identity of my ‘favourites’ so popped into my dealer to see Dan.

It seems that the identities come across from my iPhone so if the connection is not strong then the details of my contacts do not appear.

However, the mystery of the route app has been resolved - when my main screen had been replaced back in April, my mobile data in the car had turned off. Hence the last location of my car for the Route App was the dealers premises. Now that we have turned mobile data back on it is working.

How did we miss that???

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 pm

I've had this issue on my D5 many times (mobile data randomly turning off) but was fixed with an IMS (InControl) update some time ago.

I was about to post to check this as I saw this thread surface when I came to the site a little while ago. Glad its sorted. Double check you have the latest 19A update installed too just in case.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 (1st Range Rover and my 10th LR now)
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Sjbatpsl

Post by Sjbatpsl » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:04 am

Hi Simon

Thanks for the additional info. We checked yesterday that I have the latest software installed.

If it drops out again the first point of call will be the mobile data setting.

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:43 am

Hopefully it will stay on for you. Seems OK on mine at the moment.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 (1st Range Rover and my 10th LR now)
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Return to “Introductions”