What a car..

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Haybrd

Re: What a car..

Post by Haybrd » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:19 pm

KLRichards wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:06 pm
Just to go back to my OP...

I did my experience (off road) day last Friday in Solihull, combined it with a factory tour in the morning.

What a fantastic experience.

The tour of the Velar and F-Pace factory was brilliant. How many of you knew there is no Weld at all on the Velar or F-Pace, but only GLUE (like the type used by NASA) and rivets. And the factory (above the press) is built over rubber cones to absorb the impact which would register 2 on the Richter scale). Really, worth adding to your experience if going to Solihull. We where informed that from the very start to a Velar driving off the production line took 3 days (72 hours).. I had to correct them and say it took 5 MONTHS and 3 days :lol: .

As for the off road experience in Solihull, its fantastic. And you will be amazed at what the Velar can do with ease. Only a couple of paths of the off road tracks not done, and thats only down to height clearance. The only mud my Velar is likely to see, is from a badly repaired car park, but when the snow comes, I'll have 100% confidence that it will get me out and home again.

Very impressive experience day and an amazing car.
Sounds great! I’ve just booked a tour for August to see the factory and can’t wait now! Anything to while away the months until delivery!

Also got an email last week for a complimentary half day experience. I’ve not taken delivery of the car yet so wondered if this was just a marketing ploy or them sending emails months in advance?
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

kyjuan

Post by kyjuan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:37 pm

If you have an invite for the complimentary half day experience, i say take it. I did mine two weekends ago and it was worth it. Gave me so much more insight into the car's capabilities - and i now have a better appreciation for the machine i drive :)
R Dynamic D180 SE
Corris Grey
Black Pack
20" Gloss black wheels
Contrast roof
Fixed Panoramic roof
Privacy glass
ATPC
Electrically adjustable steering wheel column

KLRichards

Post by KLRichards » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Haybrd wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:19 pm
KLRichards wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:06 pm
Just to go back to my OP...

I did my experience (off road) day last Friday in Solihull, combined it with a factory tour in the morning.

What a fantastic experience.

The tour of the Velar and F-Pace factory was brilliant. How many of you knew there is no Weld at all on the Velar or F-Pace, but only GLUE (like the type used by NASA) and rivets. And the factory (above the press) is built over rubber cones to absorb the impact which would register 2 on the Richter scale). Really, worth adding to your experience if going to Solihull. We where informed that from the very start to a Velar driving off the production line took 3 days (72 hours).. I had to correct them and say it took 5 MONTHS and 3 days :lol: .

As for the off road experience in Solihull, its fantastic. And you will be amazed at what the Velar can do with ease. Only a couple of paths of the off road tracks not done, and thats only down to height clearance. The only mud my Velar is likely to see, is from a badly repaired car park, but when the snow comes, I'll have 100% confidence that it will get me out and home again.

Very impressive experience day and an amazing car.
Sounds great! I’ve just booked a tour for August to see the factory and can’t wait now! Anything to while away the months until delivery!

Also got an email last week for a complimentary half day experience. I’ve not taken delivery of the car yet so wondered if this was just a marketing ploy or them sending emails months in advance?

The 1/2 day driving experience (complimentary if you buy a £60k car.. so figure how "free" that is ;) ) is definitely worth taking up and suggest you tag it to your factory visit. is available to everyone who buys a "new" Land Rover. Although I know people who have also got this "freebie" by buying a second hand model through a Land Rover dealer rather than independents.

Suggest you get it booked ASAP.

Also, if you are are not local to the Solihull area, I'd advise looking to stopping the night before, as the M42 is an absolute nightmare in the mornings (and evenings).. If you plan to do that, check out the Ramada Birmingham Solihull on Expedia https://www.expedia.co.uk/Birmingham-Ho ... ERSX.MIDSX. Only 5 mins (15 max in morning traffic) from the factory and unbelievable price on Expedia (£48 for double room). If you do stay there, can highly recommend the Indian restaurant in the hotel, best Indian meal I've had for years and again fantastic value. Hotel looks a little dated from outside (very 60s/70s) and corridors but rooms inside really good, obviously been refurnished.

Hope that helps...Enjoy..
Range Rover Velar 2.0 SE (R-Dynamic) - White with Black roof, Black wheels and Black pack.... (finally arrived :D )

HarryR

Post by HarryR » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:10 am

I managed to get a complimentary half day experience before I even ordered my Velar!

I called in at the dealership in April to make some initial enquires and then spent some time on the website playing with different vehicle configurations. About a month later I got the invite totally out of the blue.

Went on the experience in June which was really excellent. The instructor at the experience centre said they didn't often give away freebies. I guess it helped to nudge me towards making a purchase though.

Spireman

Post by Spireman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:48 pm

About a month after delivery all the bits arrived . Tip don't fit the land rover valve caps ours were stolen!

G1lborg

Post by G1lborg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:41 am

About a month after delivery all the bits arrived . Tip don't fit the land rover valve caps ours were stolen!

Return to “Introductions”