New to Velar - Long term RR Sufferer

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
dan_uk_1984

New to Velar - Long term RR Sufferer

Post by dan_uk_1984 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:39 pm

Hi folks,

I've just sold my 2014 Evoque and moved up to a 2017 First Edition Velar D300. I collect the Velar from Sheffield (5 hour drive away from Cornwall, not ideal) on Friday.

I run a group called Land Rover Adventures - we organise epic road trips and travel all over the place.

The Evoque drove all over Europe & even beyond. 2018 we drove to Chernobyl, in a private tour we took the cars inside "The Zone" which was utterly amazing to drive the abandoned streets of Pripyat and park next to the Chernobyl Nuclear Reactor. Christmas 2019 we then drove to the Arctic Circle, all the way up to Tromso (close to where the Land Rover Winter Testing facility is).

Before the Evoque was a Supercharged L322 - an epic tourer, incredibly comfortable and capable, but oh so juicy - a return trip to the French Alps cost £700 in fuel!

I'm really looking forward to the Velar - the Air Suspension will make the rougher roads more bearable, the larger boot will be handy for the 10 day trips, and the tech will give us more things to play with :D I did consider the L405, but the bulk of the thing takes a lot of the enjoyment out of driving mountain roads, whereas the Evoque is a great car for that - hopefully the Velar will bridge the two models nicely.

I look forward to sharing the Velar's adventures with you all - and if anyone is UK based, we're always looking for people to join us, there is no charge for our trips, you just pay for your fuel/accommodation/food etc.

Dan

IMG_4827.jpg

Evoque - Pripyat

IMG_20181229_113252.jpg

Evoque - Chernobyl

IMG_20191229_111711.jpg

Evoque - Arctic Circle

IMG_5738.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_5722.jpg

IMG_5721.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

D300 First Edition - Corris Grey

MITO

Re: New to Velar - Long term RR Sufferer

Post by MITO » Sat May 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Welcome! Really cool pictures, especially at Pripyat! After watching the Chernobyl mini series though, I think I would be too scared to go there myself!

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Sun May 17, 2020 10:51 am

Firstly, welcome! Hopefully the Velar lives up to your Evoque!

Secondly, your pictures are incredible! It must have been fascinating to visit Chernobyl but the artic circle must have been fun! I’m looking forward to seeing what you put the Velar through!

Do you have a link to any other pics of your adventure?
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

geniusloci

Post by geniusloci » Sun May 17, 2020 6:08 pm

It's a great car. The Velar drives great on mountain roads too, just do not stay with the 22" wheels if you paln to ever return to Eastern Europe :D
ImageFirst Edition D300 HSE in Silver Flux Matte, Cete Automotive Active Sound, MOMO RF-04 wheels Pirelli Scorpion All Season tyres