Ordered Velar r dynamic SE D200 2021 I AM NERVOUS DRIVER

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
petebarnes16

Ordered Velar r dynamic SE D200 2021 I AM NERVOUS DRIVER

Post by petebarnes16 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:43 pm

I allways drove golf due to my nerves on motorway , as i felt it realy hugged the road and i felt safe.

JUst ordered Velar D200 R Dynamic SE , panoramic sliding roof , dynamics pack 2 , park assist , ambiant lighting, AIr suspention.

But i only got a short test drive can anyone tell me if this hugs the road and does not slip around and how firm the stearing is thanks

P380NarvikEclipse

Re: Ordered Velar r dynamic SE D200 2021 I AM NERVOUS DRIVER

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Tue May 04, 2021 9:45 pm

I don’t have a D200, but in general the Velar is a very “car-like” ride compared to the vast majority of SUVs IMO, especially in the Dynamic setting, which stiffens suspension, handling & accentuates accelerator responsiveness. Golfs are obviously a lower center of gravity and thus will take curves better at speed, but you should still feel confident in your Velar. I wouldn’t worry.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Snipperty

Post by Snipperty » Wed May 05, 2021 8:46 pm

I have the same spec as the car you have ordered. Ride in D200 on air suspension is very smooth. Great for motorways feels totally placed on the road. On A roads you do feel that it’s a bulky car when taking corners, but body control is good. Steering feels slightly less engaging. Dynamic mode transforms the car and handles more like my previous car, an X3.

Personally I think you’ve made a great choice and won’t regret it.
D200 R- Dynamic SE, MY21. Byron Blue, Sliding panoramic roof, air suspension, dynamic handling pack, premium cabin lighting, front fog lights, cabin air ionisation.

petebarnes16

Post by petebarnes16 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:30 pm

Thank you all fo your feedback on the car and road handling, i feel alot more confident now, so excited to get delivery , but when i ordered i was told it would be july , hate waiting for nice things. Thank you all Pete