What colour combo have you gone for?

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
gazb84

What colour combo have you gone for?

Post by gazb84 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:49 pm

OK so now trying to decide on colours. Was going to go for Santorini black but looking a bit drug dealerish with R Dynamic SE.

Hit me with your colour combo pics for some inspiration.

Is Byron blue cool or pensioners special?
CANCELLED ORDER (Stratstone deal)
R-Dynamic SE D180

New Order
Disco sport Landmark
Corris Grey
Service pack + lots of toys

:D :D :D

Daws4137

Re: What colour combo have you gone for?

Post by Daws4137 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Corris Grey with standard 20” satin grey wheels for me. I liked the Byron blue but got overruled . Have a look on Autotrader as there are some different colour combos which are a better representation of the car than the online build option. Only thing I wish I’d have specc’d Is the contrast black roof but my dealer has a contact to get it wrapped if needs be ( probably won’t though )
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

Smudger

Post by Smudger » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 pm

I went for Aruba with style 5047 diamond cut wheels and privacy glass on a D300 R-Dynamic HSE and light oyster interior as I wanted something different to the usual greys and blacks that lots of people seem to have chosen. The ride in this car is just sublime 👌👌

Gurgeh

Post by Gurgeh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 pm

I was initially looking at Byron Blue, but when I saw it in person at the dealer I wasn't sold. I like blue in a car -- my Q5 is a great blue metallic -- and generally prefer a color to a neutral but Byron just seemed a bit dull to me.

I ended up going with Kaikoura Stone. It has interesting earthy and dark green undertones to its stone color and works well with black contrast roof, the copper and black highlights of the R-Dynamic trim, and the dapple grey/oyster textile interior I was choosing (for enhanced seat comfort).

Of course, nothing is more subjective and particular to the person than car colors! And honestly, most of the Velar color options are stunning.
On order: MY19.5 R-Dynamic P380 HSE, Kaikoura Stone, Black Contrast Roof, Light Oyster/Dapple Grey Premium Textile Seating, lotsa other stuff. Est. build date 7 Dec 2018, delivery date 18 Jan 2019.

Fluke

Post by Fluke » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:19 am

Love it - “A bit drug dealerish” 8-)

Seriously though, I have heard that.

1F02BCC5-FE07-47B3-8EF1-D01D1B08B89B.jpeg

R-Dynamic SE P380 Santorini Black

smithyblade

Post by smithyblade » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:27 am

@gazb84 i went for the Santorini Black with the full black pack (wheels, window tints, interior etc) and you're right it does look a 'bit drug dealerish'. That said, it sits really well and i think the full black pack gives it a bit of a batmobile look! It would be even better if it was in Matt Black!
2018 '57 P380 R-Dynamic HSE
ULTIMATE BLACK/SANTORINI BLACK

lawly74

Post by lawly74 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:53 am

i was originally going all black with the black pack then went into the dealership to add some options and they had a new fuji white with contrast black roof along with the black pack just unveiled in the showroom and i was immediately sold. I think it's hands down the most striking colour combo and i changed to it immediately.
MY19.5 Velar R Dynamic SE D180, FUJI WHITE, contrast black roof, full black leather, black pack, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, adaptive dynamics, tracker, service pack :D

Totem

Post by Totem » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:28 am

We had to change our colour after order due to Carpathian Grey being discontinued on MY19, so after a mission settled on Byron Blue with black contrast pano roof, black pack and black wheels. In our view looks stunning but does need the black contrast.
MY19 R Dynamic S P250 Byron Blue, Black Pack, Black Wheels, Contrast Pano Roof, Drive Pack, AD, Surround Cameras & Interactive Display.

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:42 am

The Byron blue with black contrast is really want I want to sway too but fear if might it look a bit old man like or lose the prestige of a bold solid colour like black or white.

It would be good to see a few real photos if the Byron blue as the Land Rover website photos aren’t the best at gauging colour I don’t feel.
CANCELLED ORDER (Stratstone deal)
R-Dynamic SE D180

New Order
Disco sport Landmark
Corris Grey
Service pack + lots of toys

:D :D :D

Gurgeh

Post by Gurgeh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:53 pm

gazb84 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:42 am
The Byron blue with black contrast is really want I want to sway too but fear if might it look a bit old man like or lose the prestige of a bold solid colour like black or white.

It would be good to see a few real photos if the Byron blue as the Land Rover website photos aren’t the best at gauging colour I don’t feel.
Gaz, if you Google "Velar Byron Blue" you will get tons of photos, though it really is best to see it in person.
On order: MY19.5 R-Dynamic P380 HSE, Kaikoura Stone, Black Contrast Roof, Light Oyster/Dapple Grey Premium Textile Seating, lotsa other stuff. Est. build date 7 Dec 2018, delivery date 18 Jan 2019.

Return to “Introductions”