Hello! BMW to range rover

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
CJLondon

Hello! BMW to range rover

Post by CJLondon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi, new to the forums, but long time BMW owner to velar... its been 4, 3 series in a row for me with the 330/335 diesels, phenomenal cars, but not turned on by the new model and getting tired of the same grey/black 3’s everywhere, so trying something new! P300 HSE on order with a few bells attached, loving the tech and hoping the engine lives up to expectations - I’ve been spoiled with the bmw units!
On order
P300 R-dynamic HSE Firenze Red with a few bells and whistles...
03 Ford Focus RS
74 Triumph TR6

Pcheaven

Re: Hello! BMW to range rover

Post by Pcheaven » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Welcome, I have no experience with the P300, though have owned many bimmers - prefer the velar,...
R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22 black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting, remote seat release,heated steering wheel

KRG

Post by KRG » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:18 pm

Welcome! I've been pretty pleased with the P250, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the P300. My only complain is it sounds a bit unrefined....but I'm used to years of Porsche flat 6s so I'm probably spoiled.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

CJLondon

Post by CJLondon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:26 pm

KRG wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:18 pm
Welcome! I've been pretty pleased with the P250, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the P300. My only complain is it sounds a bit unrefined....but I'm used to years of Porsche flat 6s so I'm probably spoiled.
I was a bit nervous about moving away from 6 cylinders... in fact, when I started this process i was pretty determined to find a V8 before they get consigned to the history books, but the velar won me over... this will also be my first petrol ‘main’ car for a few years... I drove a 250 and was comfortable it had the power and torque. Those Porsche engines are pretty special.
On order
03 Ford Focus RS
74 Triumph TR6

CJLondon

Post by CJLondon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Pcheaven wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 pm
Welcome, I have no experience with the P300, though have owned many bimmers - prefer the velar,...
Hoping I do too! Getting used to the new systems might take a while... the iDrive is second nature now!
On order
03 Ford Focus RS
74 Triumph TR6

melbarro

Post by melbarro » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi,
I am in Melbourne (Australia) and have a P300HSE RDynamic - I am super pleased with the P300 very smooth and quiet - reasonably economical when driven gently, and when power is required it is there in spades!! - as expected slight turbo lag when driving in Comfort or Economy mode - BUT switch to Dynamic mode and turbo lag is eliminated (and steering and suspension both firm up too).
I doubt anyone will be disappointed with the P300.
Cheers
P300 RDynamic HSE corris, sliding pano roof, laser led headlights, 20" diamond cut wheels, air susp, full ext leather, HUD, surround cameras, activity bracelet, config interior lighting, DAB, rear heated seats.

ronniewales

Post by ronniewales » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Welcome , i sold a BMW M4 for the Velar but still have another BMW in the Household. The one major thing you will miss from your BMW is reliability and nothing breaking or not working. Sad to say the Velar will leave you pulling your hair out....if you have any !!! but for me the ride and comfort and the standard of the seating puts a smile on my face until i try to put the media system on.
Velar P380 R-Dynamic HSE , Yulong White, 22" Wheels, Head up Display, Pano Sun Roof with Black Contrast Roof, Surround Camera

CJLondon

Post by CJLondon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:47 am

ronniewales wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:51 pm
Welcome , i sold a BMW M4 for the Velar but still have another BMW in the Household. The one major thing you will miss from your BMW is reliability and nothing breaking or not working. Sad to say the Velar will leave you pulling your hair out....if you have any !!! but for me the ride and comfort and the standard of the seating puts a smile on my face until i try to put the media system on.

I have to say, I’ve had good experience with the BMW’s, couple of squeaks and rattles after deliver that got fixed but nothing significant. My biggest grumble is the run flat tyres, having been on a motorway in France, on a Sunday, with a ripped tyre , 500 miles from Calais, I was cursing the lack of a spare wheel! To be fair to Bmw they recovered the car, put me in a hire car and covered all the costs but seemed a little over the top considering all I needed was a spare wheel...

I hope the velar ends up being screwed together properly... at least it has a spare wheel.
On order
03 Ford Focus RS
74 Triumph TR6

Return to “Introductions”