Introduction

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Larjon77

Introduction

Post by Larjon77 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and to Land Rover in general. Currently driving an Audi Q5 but fell in love at first sight with the Velar.
Due to a dealership error (forgot the contrast roof), I need to wait until end March for delivery (originally planned mid January).

In the meantime I believe I have already watched about every single Velar review on Youtube. Haha!

This is a great forum and I have already had some of my questions answered.
Will try to contribute as much as possible too!
MY19.5
R-Dynamic P250
Fuji White
Narvik contrast roof
Ebony /Lt oyster interior
Extended leather upgrade
20" 7 spoke gloss black wheels
Drive pack
Heated steering wheel
Configurable ambient lighting
Pro services
Privacy Glass

lawly74

Re: Introduction

Post by lawly74 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Larjon77 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:11 pm
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and to Land Rover in general. Currently driving an Audi Q5 but fell in love at first sight with the Velar.
Due to a dealership error (forgot the contrast roof), I need to wait until end March for delivery (originally planned mid January).

In the meantime I believe I have already watched about every single Velar review on Youtube. Haha!

Welcome to the forum, March is a long wait but worth it IMO.
MY19.5 Velar R Dynamic SE D180, FUJI WHITE, contrast black roof, full black leather, black pack, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, adaptive dynamics, tracker, service pack :D

Larjon77

Post by Larjon77 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:08 pm

lawly74 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Welcome to the forum, March is a long wait but worth it IMO.
Thank you!
Yes, almost unbearable. It's been a long time since I have been so stoked by a car!

I see you also went for the white with contrast roof. Such a nice combination in my opinion.
MY19.5
R-Dynamic P250
Fuji White
Narvik contrast roof
Extended leather upgrade
Drive pack
Heated steering wheel
Pro services
Privacy Glass

smithyblade

Post by smithyblade » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:54 am

Larjon77 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:11 pm
Hi all,

A few months I swapped an Audi RS3 for a Velar 3.0 petrol HSE. I've never been happier with a new car!

Hopefully there'll be plenty of snow in Sweden for you to test the 4x4 capabilities of the velar
2018 '57 P380 R-Dynamic HSE
ULTIMATE BLACK/SANTORINI BLACK

Larjon77

Post by Larjon77 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:07 am

smithyblade wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:54 am

A few months I swapped an Audi RS3 for a Velar 3.0 petrol HSE. I've never been happier with a new car!

Hopefully there'll be plenty of snow in Sweden for you to test the 4x4 capabilities of the velar

Great to hear! Took it for a test drive on two different occasions and sat with a big smile on my face both times, so I am sure I will also be happy with the switch. The only concern is the reliability. Seems to have been some initial hiccups (especially with the Touch Pro Duo), but hoping it will be resolved by the time I get mine.
The Audi has been working flawlessly for 2,5 years now.

I live in Stockholm so might need to go north to get me some serious 4x4 experience. We haven't had a lot of snow the last few years unfortunately.
MY19.5
R-Dynamic P250
Fuji White
Narvik contrast roof
Extended leather upgrade
Drive pack
Heated steering wheel
Pro services
Privacy Glass

smithyblade

Post by smithyblade » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:20 am

Larjon77 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:07 am
Great to hear! Took it for a test drive on two different occasions and sat with a big smile on my face both times, so I am sure I will also be happy with the switch. The only concern is the reliability. Seems to have been some initial hiccups (especially with the Touch Pro Duo), but hoping it will be resolved by the time I get mine.
The Audi has been working flawlessly for 2,5 years now.

I live in Stockholm so might need to go north to get me some serious 4x4 experience. We haven't had a lot of snow the last few years unfortunately.
Others may have other stories to tell on reliability, but i've had mine since sept and the touch pro duo has been faultless. I understand that there is an update to add car play, but i don't want to replicate my phone on my car as the system works fine as it is.

Funnily enough i was looking yesterday at the Land Rover Adventures Ice driving in Sweden, its way up north and costs a fortune, so i will stick to the Land Rover Experience in the UK for now and next winter take it to the Alps or Scandinavia for some snow!

Stockholm is a great city, i visited a few times when i was working on a project in the Baltic
2018 '57 P380 R-Dynamic HSE
ULTIMATE BLACK/SANTORINI BLACK

Return to “Introductions”