Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Suggested Order

13K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  hagnauer 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Im wondering if you good people could help me with your opinions on the below spec im thinking of ordering:

https://build.landrover/7FA4355E

R-DYNAMIC HSE

P250 - 2.0L 250HP PETROL or D240 - 2.0L 240HP DIESEL - can you actually tell the difference? Fuel isn't an issue as its paid for by others.

Byron Blue or Kaikoura Stone, or If i drop the Heads up feature going for Silicon Silver as i dont know if the heads up is worth it?

I was a bit in between with the black pack as it looks stunning without and i love the 22" alloys.

Worth adding Panoramic roof - dont know how people feel about this?

Is there anything you when you built yours that you thought you missed out on?

Sorry to be a pain, first time posting and really excited to order

Cheers

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great and a good spec. I would save the money on the black contrasting roof and reinvest in a fixed pano roof. Makes a difference to the interior. Don't forget the illuminates Do like the kaikoura stone!

#3 ·
Hi,
I have a P300 RDynamic HSE - My thoughts are as follows:-
The ONLY reason anyone would chose diesel over petrol is fuel cost - if that is not an issue - the petrol engine is just so much smoother - so defin go petrol.
IF however you can stretch your budget to P300 (rather than P250) - then apart from the extra power - in RDynamic model the P300 gets the twin exhaust finishers included (but the P250 doesnt) - I think they signficantly improve the sporty look of the car.
You definitely need glass in the roof - I have sliding panoramic but to be honest never open it - so fixed is good enough.
Also - RDynamic models get the ebony headlining automatically BUT you can chose to change it (at no cost) back to light oyster - I suggest you look at models with ebony headlining vs. light oyster headlining ..... I think the light color makes the interior feel much lighter and brighter, more so than just the glass roof.
I have heads up ... its good.... but a very costly add on and not essential.
Also if you go P300 you can then also option in air suspension, which improves ride AND gives you height adjustment features too.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

#4 ·
Thank you for the suggestions!

I will definitely look at the P300 only thing that gets me is the higher road tax however I believe dealers usually pay the first year (which is the most expensive)

Ye I was looking at the pano roof and just couldn't decide if it made a difference but the car looks just as good without the black roof.

#6 ·
Love the black pack and 22" wheels, I wouldnt go below 21
I have the fixed panoramic roof, but I am struggling to justify it to myself, it's too hot to open the blind in summer, I rarely even open it nowadays
Air suspension is great
Configurable dynamics is pretty pointless
I should have got the HUD instead of some of the pointless ones I got
Contrast roof looks pretty smart

#7 ·
Ye I deffo don't want to go below 21" I was thinking the pano roof wouldn't get much love as it would benefit people more in the back? The configurable dynamics comes with the suspension I think so it has to be took.

My current decision is Byron Blue or Silver as I've dropped the stone colour just don't like it in dark light

#9 ·
heated steering wheel

#11 ·
melbarro said:
Hi,
I have a P300 RDynamic HSE - My thoughts are as follows:-
The ONLY reason anyone would chose diesel over petrol is fuel cost - if that is not an issue - the petrol engine is just so much smoother - so defin go petrol.
IF however you can stretch your budget to P300 (rather than P250) - then apart from the extra power - in RDynamic model the P300 gets the twin exhaust finishers included (but the P250 doesnt) - I think they signficantly improve the sporty look of the car.
You definitely need glass in the roof - I have sliding panoramic but to be honest never open it - so fixed is good enough.
Also - RDynamic models get the ebony headlining automatically BUT you can chose to change it (at no cost) back to light oyster - I suggest you look at models with ebony headlining vs. light oyster headlining ..... I think the light color makes the interior feel much lighter and brighter, more so than just the glass roof.
I have heads up ... its good.... but a very costly add on and not essential.
Also if you go P300 you can then also option in air suspension, which improves ride AND gives you height adjustment features too.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Just a thought...if like me you like your car with lower end pull - with the Diesel you get a lot of low end power - I've not driven the Petrol & to be honest was put off by the 4 cylinder over the 6 for the D300 - I've been petrol all my life(50 Years old) but have to say I love my GLC V6 Diesel engine...and the Velar has more Maximum torque (Nm/rpm) 700/1,500-1,750 than my present GLC.
FYI the Petrol above has 400/1,500-4,500 - but is quicker to 62MPH ;)

#12 ·
Hugely rate the fixed pan roof (better than the sliding due to the bar in the middle of the sliding roof when closed). Warms the car on sunny winter days and as summer is limited in the UK, I would not worry about it. Plus you can always pre cool the car.

I also wouldn't buy the velar without privacy glass, as it looks much less sleek without it, in my opinion.

#14 ·
After test driving (and falling in love) with an SE spec the last 36 hrs.... I'd say panoramic roof is a must. It just makes the interior look incredible!

IMHO the heads up display I can live with out. I prefer the Kaikoura stone to the Byron Blue but your spec pics look beautiful!

The Velar I had on test was on 22inch and looked stunning but I'll go 20/21 on my order to save cash, be slight more comfortable and save cash.

Ultimately, enjoy! What over discovered this week is it's a beautiful car and people love it regardless of the spec outside.

#17 ·
I picked up my P250 R Dynamic HSE last wednesday , its byron blue and i think looks stunning . Personally I didnt want the black pack , seems everyone else does , but I love the copper highlights . I went for black roof pano roof , lets so much light in . I stuck with the 21" wheels , .my must haves were HUD and heated steering wheel . I put other bits and bobs on but not sure if I would have bothered if I didnt get such a good deal .

Attachments

#18 ·
executivesuite said:
I picked up my P250 R Dynamic HSE last wednesday , its byron blue and i think looks stunning . Personally I didnt want the black pack , seems everyone else does , but I love the copper highlights . I went for black roof pano roof , lets so much light in . I stuck with the 21" wheels , .my must haves were HUD and heated steering wheel . I put other bits and bobs on but not sure if I would have bothered if I didnt get such a good deal .
Beautiful! Have you left it alone at all? :D

#19 ·
Haybrd said:
executivesuite said:
Not had a lot of time to put many miles on it yet , looking forward to taking it for a few trips next week .

#21 ·
executivesuite said:
Haybrd said:
executivesuite said:
Not had a lot of time to put many miles on it yet , looking forward to taking it for a few trips next week .
Enjoy when you do! I've just made an appointment to order mine week after next. That's going to feel like a long enough wait let alone the 4 month lead time!

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.