Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Land Rover Route

19K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  Simonh 
#1 ·
Hello - I Collected my new velar on 1st April - D275, R-Dynamic HSE with a few additional extras including InControl Premium & then I added the route planner.

Just to paint the picture -

Within a week I had issues with the touch screens, a few build issues (distorted rubber gaskets), two paint defects & parking-brake hold not holding when the engine turns off.

The car has spent 10 days with the dealer & body shop over two separate visits, the second primarily because the dealer scored the leather trim on the dash when removing or refitting the passenger seat.

The parking-brake hold not holding is a 'design feature' in so far as the dealer says there isn't anything wrong, all Velars do it!! Suggest JLR need to deal with this before someone rolls into something resulting in an expensive insurance claim followed by a legal claim on JLR!!

Anyway, despite all of this I really do think the Velar is a fantastic machine.

Cutting to the chase - My 'Remote' app works without issue, it knows where the vehicle is & the condition of doors, windows, etc..

Route however has my vehicle parked 10 miles away from where it is - actually at the dealer where the work mentioned above was carried out. There does not seem to be anything I can do to reset it. I have deleted the app & reinstalled it but even that has not reset the vehicle's last location.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
These are the instructions I received from LR. If you figure it out, let me know
- Log out of your account
- Drive your vehicle for at least a mile to an area of known good mobile phone signal coverage
- Press and hold the breakdown button (located in the overhead console with an image of a spanner) for 15 seconds
- Log back into your account

#5 ·
Latest update - Dealer suggested removing & reinstalling the app - had already done that. They agreed that the procedure mentioned by MikeJL might work. Have since tried that again but still not fixed.

So I called Customer Experience Support, they are now looking into it.

Am I the only one with this problem?

#6 ·
Is this on your PC?
If it is, check the PC,s location. Mine was the same, shows a two hour walk to the car.
I put a wireless dongle in and it corrected straight away.

#9 ·
This looks like it needs a new telematics control unit. The symptoms are the same as my car. Location wrong and intermittent login to navigation which eventually stopped logging in altogether (it's location was a carpark in France for weeks). Remote worked fine with correct location.

#10 ·
Sjbatpsl said:
MikeJL

I got the same when I did it the first time - I tried to login again & it did that OK - just didn't relocate my car!!

I will update you once I hear back from JLR.

Thanks.
Tried several more times with same response. Referred to JLR again, lets' see what they say. Appreciate your updates on your efforts.

#11 ·
I got that first time around ~ it was to do with the SIM card they give you which hadn't registered correctly.

#12 ·
Hi NISHSO & thanks for your input.

My latest news is that the car spent a day with the dealer on Thursday where the software was updated yet again - that is two important software updates in the last 6 weeks.

I do not believe there is a problem with the vehicle. The tracker & InControl Remote app know exactly where the car is.

The problem is Land Rover Route software.

I am giving up on it. The navigation system works in the vehicle. The app doesn't so the app is deleted.

#13 ·
Mine went in last week, dealer said LR would email me to reset system, still waiting a week later.
I found it useful to set destination on app or PC (helps to keep the car screen clean) & now I don't have InControl I don't get any traffic data.

#14 ·
Mike

I have informed the dealer of the result. I have even started a route from the dealer (where 'Route' thinks the car is) back to my home but it just does not work.

I am sure the issue is with the Route app, not the vehicle because InControl Remote is tracking the vehicle accurately.

The dealer is going to consult JLR again!! I am not holding my breath. For now I have removed Route from my IPhone & IPad.

Will let you know if anything happens.

#15 ·
Sjbatpsl said:
Mike

I have informed the dealer of the result. I have even started a route from the dealer (where 'Route' thinks the car is) back to my home but it just does not work.

I am sure the issue is with the Route app, not the vehicle because InControl Remote is tracking the vehicle accurately.

The dealer is going to consult JLR again!! I am not holding my breath. For now I have removed Route from my IPhone & IPad.

Will let you know if anything happens.
Thanks, at the beginning everything was working fine but after the "18" update i'm In the same situation.

#16 ·
Car went back on Monday for third attempt at a fix. They replaced the telematics control unit & that appears to have fixed my issues.

#17 ·
Quick update - had another issue with the infotainment system - MyHome screen was not very reliable - keeps losing the identity of my 'favourites' so popped into my dealer to see Dan.

It seems that the identities come across from my iPhone so if the connection is not strong then the details of my contacts do not appear.

However, the mystery of the route app has been resolved - when my main screen had been replaced back in April, my mobile data in the car had turned off. Hence the last location of my car for the Route App was the dealers premises. Now that we have turned mobile data back on it is working.

How did we miss that???

#18 ·
I've had this issue on my D5 many times (mobile data randomly turning off) but was fixed with an IMS (InControl) update some time ago.

I was about to post to check this as I saw this thread surface when I came to the site a little while ago. Glad its sorted. Double check you have the latest 19A update installed too just in case.

#21 ·
I had this happen yesterday (route issue). Spotted mobile data was off, turned it back on and fixed the issue then 30 mins later same again, switched it back on, 30 mins or so later it had switched off again....

Went to check SIM card and maybe clean it (I only got it Wednesday but you never know, the SIM card wasn't fully inserted! It had clicked when I put it in originally but I pressed it in with a key and got a louder click. Been fine ever since.

Might not be the same cause as your issues but worth noting and checking.

#22 ·
Thanks for the heads-up. It has been fine now since mobile data was turned back on.

Just astonished me that the car had been back to the dealer after consultation with JLR yet no one spotted that mobile data was turned off!!

Hopefully some good may come from it & someone has learnt to check mobile data before changing bits & pieces!

The 'parking brake hold' is still an issue that no one seems willing to even acknowledge though. Come on JLR - it's a legal case waiting to happen.

#24 ·
Hi everyone

I have experienced perhaps two months of Route doing what it should do. However, on 1st October I drove down to South Wales for a job & since then it has my car parked on the M5 just north of the M50 junction.

Two weeks ago Incontrol Remote started giving false data which is a whole lot more concerning because I believe that is linked to the tracker. I got so concerned when I was abroad that I called the tracking centre who at first told me they could not even see my vehicle. After a few minutes they located it. My car was parked at Heathrow but showing on Remote that it was at my home address.

Once the lady told me she could see it at Heathrow the App on my IPhone also changed & showed it where I had left it - but it was saying that it was not locked or alarmed!!!

Thankfully when I got back to Heathrow all was good & the car was locked & alarmed.

In the last week since returning home Remote has been at least two or three journeys out of sync.

I have installed the latest software - version S19B_19.40.4-436082 which resolved a problem I had with the system syncing with my phone but both Route & Remote are basically malfunctioning. Today I received the following advice from LRAdvice but it didn't work.

"Thank you for your reply.

Please can you complete the below which should re synch your vehicle to your Incontrol account.

1. Log out and close down the app completely on your phone.

2. Take the vehicle for a minimum of a 1 mile drive or complete this following your next routine journey.

3. Press and hold the "B-Call" button (indicated by a spanner icon) in the overhead console for 15 seconds.

4. Check the appropriate Google Play / iOS App Store for any available InControl Remote updates.

4. Launch the app once again and log in.

If you are still experiencing the concerns once the above has been completed please can you check the time the vehicle was last communicated, this is displayed at the bottom of the first page."

Its a great vehicle being spoiled by these problems. Oh, the parking brake is still fundamentally useless if the engine shuts down in Eco mode.

The whole saga is as tedious as this post!!

#25 ·
Sjbatpsl said:
Hi everyone

I have experienced perhaps two months of Route doing what it should do. However, on 1st October I drove down to South Wales for a job & since then it has my car parked on the M5 just north of the M50 junction.

Two weeks ago Incontrol Remote started giving false data which is a whole lot more concerning because I believe that is linked to the tracker. I got so concerned when I was abroad that I called the tracking centre who at first told me they could not even see my vehicle. After a few minutes they located it. My car was parked at Heathrow but showing on Remote that it was at my home address.

Once the lady told me she could see it at Heathrow the App on my IPhone also changed & showed it where I had left it - but it was saying that it was not locked or alarmed!!!

Thankfully when I got back to Heathrow all was good & the car was locked & alarmed.

In the last week since returning home Remote has been at least two or three journeys out of sync.

I have installed the latest software - version S19B_19.40.4-436082 which resolved a problem I had with the system syncing with my phone but both Route & Remote are basically malfunctioning. Today I received the following advice from LRAdvice but it didn't work.

"Thank you for your reply.

Please can you complete the below which should re synch your vehicle to your Incontrol account.

1. Log out and close down the app completely on your phone.

2. Take the vehicle for a minimum of a 1 mile drive or complete this following your next routine journey.

3. Press and hold the "B-Call" button (indicated by a spanner icon) in the overhead console for 15 seconds.

4. Check the appropriate Google Play / iOS App Store for any available InControl Remote updates.

4. Launch the app once again and log in.

If you are still experiencing the concerns once the above has been completed please can you check the time the vehicle was last communicated, this is displayed at the bottom of the first page."

Its a great vehicle being spoiled by these problems. Oh, the parking brake is still fundamentally useless if the engine shuts down in Eco mode.

The whole saga is as tedious as this post!!
Instead with "Remote" I have issues with "route planner", it says it cannot find the vehicle and to settings (in the vehicle) to allow it to share its last position but in the vehicle it is already allowed.

I'll try your procedure and see what happens

#26 ·
Some news - Route is working again. I had to log out & sign back into my account on the in-car system which then caused it to place my car in the right location.

Incontrol Remote is still about one or two journeys behind the curve - the nice folk at JLR have said they are aware of an issue in this respect & are working on it!!

For a very modern, sophisticated system it seems to me that no one really knows much about any of these issues & recovery/resetting is found purely by chance.

Parking brake is still an issue though with no fix in sight!!

Still a great vehicle though!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.