New UK member and velar on order

New to the Range Rover Velar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Trev26

New UK member and velar on order

Post by Trev26 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:11 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just registered to this informative forum. I currently drive a Merc Glc which is approaching 3 years old. I popped in a few showrooms of various brands , Audi, Mercedes, BMW then Jaguar Land Rover. I walked in to a local showroom and it was love at first sight, a My21 velar R dynamic
hse in Carpathian grey. The other manufacturers were quickly forgotten about. After a couple of test drives and much deliberation over reliability issues on various forums I finally placed a factory order two weeks ago. Still waiting for a build slot and I am aware of the current situation regarding delays and semi conductor shortages. The velar spec I have ordered is My21 D300 r dynamic hse with fixed pan roof, privacy glass, ambient lighting, black pack. Probably going to be a while but hope it will be worth the wait.

Wivenhoe

Re: New UK member and velar on order

Post by Wivenhoe » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm

Ask the dealer for a copy of the Vista Sheet. This confirms the order details / spec and will have the last amendment date, production date and delivery date. If they can’t or won’t provide a copy, I would ask them what proof of order they can give you so you can check the correct spec. Are you px’Ing your Merc, if so have they given you a value. They gave me my px value as at the date of order with the final value to be agreed - I got them to confirm that I could cancel at no cost if I didn’t accept the value offered. All a waste of time - as a result of the used market going silly (as new car deliveries are slowing and thus so are the px’ing) I ended up with the same value almost 4 months later.

I picked mine up recently and the salesmen were all saying that they weren’t providing firm dates, just dates that were ‘no earlier’ than. Good luck securing an early production dte
P400e - Santorini black with plenty of options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

Tiredeyes69

Post by Tiredeyes69 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:00 am

I have a MY21 R Dynamic D300 SE in Carpathian grey.
I’ve owned around 50 different cars.
This is the best I’ve ever had.
It’s sublime.
You will absolutely love it.

E42BACD8-C90E-4F9F-AC46-2E8E4F4D0200.jpeg

Tiredeyes69

Post by Tiredeyes69 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:03 am

F571B715-4D5B-4E94-92B6-B63B0F2B09C9.jpeg

Trev26

Post by Trev26 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:20 pm

Thanks for the reply’s. Wovenhoe, yes I will be part exchanging the Merc depending on their offer. The
Car is mint and I won’t be giving it away. I will negotiate partex deal nearer the time.

Spencerwilks

Post by Spencerwilks » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:13 pm

A friend went to place an order today with a main dealer in Derbyshire for a D300 R Dynamic Velar and was told delivery could be December!! A similar delivery was quoted on a new Defender! What on earth are JLR playing at but whatever it is it is going to drive customers straight into the showrooms of the competition.
The good news is that the shortage of newbuild is pushing up prices of low mileage ex JLR Vehicles and I was offered £43500 today for my 2019 240 HSE today which is £1000 more than what I paid for it in August 2020!
2019 2.0 D 240 HSE Aruba/ Windsor Light Oyster heated and cooled 20 way seats, Air Suspension, Deployable Steps ,Matrix LED lights , Extended leather upgrade, Meriden 825W Sound, Heated steering wheel, Tracker. USA licence plate plinths.

Wivenhoe

Post by Wivenhoe » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:18 am

I think you’ll find that the competition are having the same problems so their delivery dates are all going out too - hence the pressure on prices of good used cars. Two way squeeze, market has gone crazy with people trying to replace PCP’s that were extended due to COVID and more buyers due to people not spending for the last year and wanting to upgrade as they have more cash. It’s so crazy some of the small dealers are buying from the Car Supermarkets and selling on at a profit !

Apparently the chip shortage for car manufacturers will continue into next year so no easing before then. I was at the dealers 2 weeks ago and the staff were really concerned as they expect new car sales to be virtually non existent so much worse than during lockdown - during lockdown they were still selling. I am really hoping my car doesn’t have too many issues as threatening a rejection is an empty threat as what would I get having returned the car - possibly a used one for the price I paid for a new one with all the options I want.
P400e - Santorini black with plenty of options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

Velar boy

Post by Velar boy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:15 pm

Prices in my local dealership for a Used Velars have gone by 8k for 69 - 20 plate HSE Dynamic.
Bought my 3 days before this happened.
Not often you buy a car and it goes up in value.