Brake Squeal

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
chrissyrw

Re: Brake Squeal

Post by chrissyrw » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:30 am

Following up on my previous post on this thread from over a year ago!

I brought up my brake squeal at my 32k mile service a couple months back. The response I received was that it's likely due to my painted brake calipers. I wasn't satisfied with the answer but didn't feel up to arguing with them.

On a brighter note, a new JLR dealer opened up in my area (this closest one before this opened was 50 miles one way). I'm going to try to plead my case with them.

Totally vain but also embarrassing to hear my squealing brakes going to the pick-up line at my kids' school. Everyone hears it.

I'll keep you all posted with what I come up with as well.
~ Chrissy

Meghan the Duchess:'18 RR Velar P380 SE R-Dynamic
Fuji white (for now), Acorn interior, Ceramic Pro'd

IG: @chrissyrw @duchessvelar

Spencerwilks

Re: Brake Squeal

Post by Spencerwilks » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm

The current policy in place by JLR is that they will not reimburse dealers who replace rusty brake discs as a potential warranty claim so best of luck with approaching your new dealer! A sorry state of affairs from a vehicle manufacturer who will not stand by warranty on an obviously defective part but hide behind a pathetic statement that rust is fair wear and tear or caused by the use of wheel cleaners.
2019 2.0 D 240 HSE Aruba/ Windsor Light Oyster heated and cooled 20 way seats, Air Suspension, Deployable Steps ,Matrix LED lights , Extended leather upgrade, Meriden 825W Sound, Heated steering wheel, Tracker. USA licence plate plinths.