Used prices

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Jojim65

Used prices

Post by Jojim65 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:19 pm

I have an R-Dynamic 240SE bought new in January 2019, so now 2 1/2 years old with 14,000miles recorded.

I recently had a call from my purchasing dealer to say the car had reached parity (PCP) and in fact was well into credit would I consider selling back to them.
Well, it got my thinking as it would and it appears the dealer cannot get enough second hand stock to satisfy the market nor could it get new cars into stock. Very few customers cars are coming through and lead times are getting very long despite the dealers trying to give the stock 3 month wait reply.

It would appear a combination of semi-conductor supply issues and manufacturers simply not able to produce the cars has lead to a very unusual problem.
This is good for me as I intend to sell the Velar this year when the market peaks and order a new car knowing I have a long lead time, I have other cars so no great problem.

Alas a test drive in a new spec Velar left me underwhelmed so I'll be moving to an X5.

I'll be interested if any of you have had similar conversations.

Jim
Ordered 23rd October 2018
Build slot allocated 23rd November 2018
Build slot 18th January 2019
Arrived at Dealer 22nd January 2019
took delivery 28th January 2019

240D R-Dynamic SE
Kaikoura Stone
Acorn trim
Privacy glass
Electric towbar

Fenton

Re: Used prices

Post by Fenton » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:10 pm

I've had similar thoughts and in a similar position. There are a number of YouTube videos (UK & US) on this very subject. It's very tempting.

Spencerwilks

Re: Used prices

Post by Spencerwilks » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:52 pm

We have the latest BMW X5 in the family and I have to reluctantly admit that it is a much better vehicle than my Velar which I love and thought that nothing could touch it. The interior and leather quality in the X5 is infinitely better but the instrument screens on the Velar seem more advanced so its a difficult decision and BMW will still be around in a few years time but not so sure about JLR.
2019 2.0 D 240 HSE Aruba/ Windsor Light Oyster heated and cooled 20 way seats, Air Suspension, Deployable Steps ,Matrix LED lights , Extended leather upgrade, Meriden 825W Sound, Heated steering wheel, Tracker. USA licence plate plinths.