Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Is auto locking after time or proximity auto locking available?

14K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MITO 
#1 ·
I've searched through the forums and all menu's on the car and I can't figure out a way to have the darn thing lock itself. My girlfriend is forgetful sometimes and forgets to press the little door handle lock button after exiting the car when carrying stuff inside. Most new cars I've been in have had an auto locking feature based on either time or proximity(after you walk 20ft away, etc)

Is this available or are we SOL?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Looked on the iGuide and found two helpful references

If you unlock the car with a smart key, but don't actually open any door, the system relocks and arms the alarm system after 40 seconds.

If you leave the car, without locking it with the key; the car activates the perimetric alarm system after 60 seconds. You cannot open the fuel filler or the loadspace areas externally in this situation. Whereas the car does not physically lock (arguably to prevent anyone being locked in or locked out of the car automatically) the car activates passive perimetric arming so cannot be driven away without a smart key being detected. This feature needs to be enabled by the dealer.

I think the idea is not to look children or a pet in the car automatically if you just step out to run into the shops. This allows emergency access without any threat of theft of fuel, or items in the loadspace, or the car itself which cannot be driven away without a smart key.

#3 ·
Not quite the same BUT .... the remote app DOES allow you to check the status of the vehicle (showing locked or unlocked) - havent tried it but I ASSUME that if its showing as unlocked then you can, via the remote app lock the vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.