Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Jump Starting other cars

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  moonlitknight 
#1 ·
Afternoon all

Just wanted to reach out to any other Velar owners who might have already found themselves in the situation I found myself in yesterday.

One of the guys in our support department had a flat battery in his Nissan Nivaro (a huge beast of a pickup truck). Everyone immediately looked at me when he came in asking for someone with a powerful diesel car that could give him a jump start.

This lead me to my first problem - how do I open the bonnet?!?! Ok, found that on the online owners manual (left hand side footwell). But once opened, where is the battery and where do you connect the jump leads to the positive and negative terminals??
Now I remember my last car (BMW 3 series), it had the battery in the boot (trunk for our American friends). However, in the engine bay, there was a clear positive battery terminal that could be connected to and I think a dedicated place where you could clip to acting as the negative terminal.

The Owners Manual online was no help - anything to do with the battery immediately referred you to an authorised service centre. Not helpful!

So has anyone else encountered this issue so far in their Velar owning life?? :geek: :geek:

See less See more
#4 ·
The battery is in the boot, under the spare wheel.
A bit of a pain to access, but the advantage of it being away from the engine, is that this improves it's life by being away from the heat and vibration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.