Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Delivery delays

98K views 286 replies 68 participants last post by  Marto27 
#1 ·
Has anyone else heard their vehicle is on hold? Mine was expected at dealer on 20th July but I've now been told there's a hold on all MY2019 vehicles so even though it's built it's now due mid August

#2 ·
Yes we are the same. Ordered a 2018 D180 model in April our first ever land rover . It was then changed to a 2019 model and was due for delivery in two weeks but we were called this week to say it would now not be avaiable until September. Pretty angry about the situation at the present time and this and the overall dealer experience so far has been way below the standard of Porsche and Audi who we have previously bought from.

#4 ·
Yep, same here. Was planning to collect my new Velar on 16th July but dealer now saying there's no chance of that. And they're not even venturing an estimate on when it'll be available.

They have confirmed its (a) due to the new emissions regulation, and (b) a national issue.

What I'm particularly interested in is whether anyone has been able to get any form of compensation for the delay? My dealer has offered "suitable compensation" but we haven't negotiated what form that might take, be it cash or some form of dealer provided spec addition or service contract.

I'm open to ideas from members on this forum!

#7 ·
JLR have been rubbish at delivery times for the best part of a year. I ordered a new Full Fat in November 2017, originally promised late Jan 2018 delivery. This kept being pushed back and by early March the build date had moved to week 4 of May - and the dealer wasn't confident of that not moving again.

Hence I ended up with the Velar, that the dealer had on call down, so car was with me in less than 2 weeks. No regrets whatsoever in cancelling in favour of the Velar 😎

#8 ·
I presume all manufacturers are having to assess new emissions regulations and adjust their production and supply chains accordingly. Not in itself unusual but frustrating for those caught in the changeover window as it were. The real culprit is the UK Govt that rushed out emissions policies, penalties and new vehicle excise duty tax regime without stipulating what the emissions test and thresholds would be - and give businesses the time to make appropriate changes.

#10 ·
Just made another post before seeing this one.
We have been told ours is built but on hold and our dealership doesn't know why. Our current car goes back on the 28th July but looking at your comments I'm doubting we will get it on time.
Wouldn't be so bad but we live in the outer Hebrides and I'm on the main land waiting for it :(

#12 ·
vinspireduk said:
I've got a D300 HSE which is built and is the dealer tells me they've called for the car....my merc is going Friday...fingers crossed this one turns up soon!
Dealers should be offering courtesy cars. My P300 was due tomorrow but now likely end July / early August. Dealer offering a courtesy Velar from tomorrow until whenever delivery happens to be.

#13 ·
LoGacta said:
vinspireduk said:
I've got a D300 HSE which is built and is the dealer tells me they've called for the car....my merc is going Friday...fingers crossed this one turns up soon!
Dealers should be offering courtesy cars. My P300 was due tomorrow but now likely end July / early August. Dealer offering a courtesy Velar from tomorrow until whenever delivery happens to be.
Have they given you a reason for it's late release?
Ours is built but they don't know why it hasn't been released yet.

#14 ·
I spoke to the dealer today who was worried mine would be delayed but it turned out that my D300 was ok as the engine is a different derivative??? Anyway he said the car was on its way but I won't get get too excited until it's actually confined and I will be pushing for a courtesy car until mine arrives.

#17 ·
Bradders212 said:
LoGacta said:
vinspireduk said:
Have they given you a reason for it's late release?
Ours is built but they don't know why it hasn't been released yet.
They've actually been forthcoming in sharing some of the documentation surrounding the cause. It's to do with emissions testing which is of no concern of itself but involves a queue.

#21 ·
Not sure if the Solihull plant also delivers non-UK Velars but my dealer indeed confirmed today that there is currently a Summer shutdown. I did however get the good news that my car should be going into production on Aug 17th with a scheduled delivery mid September, one month faster than expected. He also confirmed that it will be a 19MY with increased CO2 emissions. Let's hope the delivery time stays that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Odd that I should be told that the expected delivery to my dealer is 7 days from car entering production unless that is what the expected norm is. Hopefully the car will be delivered as advised, if the planned shutdown delays delivery so be it, nothing I can do about it but I will be disappointed if it's not with the dealer next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.