Phase 5 update now available

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
MITO

Re: Phase 5 update now available

Post by MITO » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Marco wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:59 pm
Will do a last attempt to shed some light over the so called phase 5 discussion. All the information I’m sharing is what I have read in the release notes for the ICTP software. The software update version that contains the new application for ACP, AA and Baidu CarLife ( Chinese market only) is 18C_5, pathfinder software release 0075, the pathfinder diagnostic software must be 193 or higher. It contains updates for basically all JLR cars and for different systems in the different cars, and some bug fixes to. Getting the this update does NOT mean that you
Get ACP or AA, it simply contains a new application that HAS to be activated by the dealer after the car has been updated. If this is going to be a charge or not is not communicated through TOPIX so I have no clue regarding that question. Judging on the fact that it has to be activated separately, it wouldn’t surprise me if they will offer it as a paid for option in Both MY18 and MY19 cars, but again that’s just me guessing.
This software does not appear as a bulletin in all different models yet, but in the release notes it does say that it applies to almost
all the Jag and Landrover models equipped with Touch Pro Duo.
BTW Phase 5 is not mentioned anywhere, neither is any information that this would be the last version before everything goes OTA.
This is a complex topic and I appreciate your insights. It will be interesting to see how this is rolled out in different markets and whether or not JLR charges to apply the upgrade on existing vehicles. Clearly they have set things up so they can if they want.

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:47 pm

MITO wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:26 pm
This is a complex topic and I appreciate your insights. It will be interesting to see how this is rolled out in different markets and whether or not JLR charges to apply the upgrade on existing vehicles. Clearly they have set things up so they can if they want.
As reference i’m quoting the release note:

“New Features:
17MY > 18MY Range Rover / L405
17MY > 18MY Range Rover Sport / L494
17MY > 18MY Discovery / L462
18MY Range Rover Velar / L560
18MY Evoque / L538
18MY Discovery Sport / L550
18MY XF / X260
18MY XE / X760
18MY F-PACE / X761
18MY F-TYPE / X152
18MY E-PACE / X540
19MY I-PACE / X590
This release includes a new application - 'Activation of Smartphone Pack'. This application allows the activation of 3 smartphone integration technologies - Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Baidu CarLife.
Baidu CarLife is intended for the Chinese market only. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto availability will also depend on vehicle region.
The Smartphone Pack application is only compatible with InControl Touch Pro software version 18C or later. This application will prompt users to update the InControl Touch Pro software if required.”

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:07 pm

MITO wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:37 pm
P380NarvikEclipse wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:45 pm
I’m booked in on Monday and supposedly will get phase 5, we shall see. Really want Waze in my dash :)
Would you mind updating (when you can) on how this went, how long it took, and what they charged you for installing the update including CarPlay?

Trying to decide whether/when to get my car updated to 18C/CarPlay. Annoying since I just had my 1 year service last month and got the 18B update, so don't feel like bringing it back again so soon, especially if it's accompanied by a big bill!
I went in for my 1yr service and software update on Monday expecting phase 5, and just got back yesterday evening and saw my dealer installed phase 4.. I asked about CarPlay again since the gentleman I spoke with on the phone had said it was coming and should have been ready. The service manager didn’t know anything about timing.. this is in NY. A bit frustrating as I would have delayed my service until it’s released assuming it’s coming in the next month.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Ludo

Post by Ludo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:37 pm

P380NarvikEclipse wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:07 pm
I went in for my 1yr service and software update on Monday expecting phase 5, and just got back yesterday evening and saw my dealer installed phase 4.. I asked about CarPlay again since the gentleman I spoke with on the phone had said it was coming and should have been ready. The service manager didn’t know anything about timing.. this is in NY. A bit frustrating as I would have delayed my service until it’s released assuming it’s coming in the next month.
thanks for the info. fearing this would happen to me as well in Paris, I emailed French CRC so that they let me know :
- if trully OTA will be available after phase 5 update
- if car play is included in package 18C+phase 5 pathfinder

no response so far, so I postpone my trip to the garage
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY18 Velar D180 R-Dyn S, Corris, Black sliding pano roof, 20'' black rims, Black leather, Teinted glass. delivered oct. 2
2014 Freelander 2 D160 HSE

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:54 pm

I can confirm via my dealer that phase 5 is available - it does include Apple CarPlay and at no additional cost

Strange how others say different!!

My dealers are great and very informative - receive constant updates via emails from them

Barachus

Post by Barachus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:54 pm
I can confirm via my dealer that phase 5 is available - it does include Apple CarPlay and at no additional cost

Strange how others say different!!

My dealers are great and very informative - receive constant updates via emails from them
Have you actually had CarPlay installed?
What dealers say and what they actually do are miles apart

Gurgeh

Post by Gurgeh » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pm

P380NarvikEclipse wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:07 pm
MITO wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:37 pm
P380NarvikEclipse wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:45 pm
I’m booked in on Monday and supposedly will get phase 5, we shall see. Really want Waze in my dash :)
Would you mind updating (when you can) on how this went, how long it took, and what they charged you for installing the update including CarPlay?

Trying to decide whether/when to get my car updated to 18C/CarPlay. Annoying since I just had my 1 year service last month and got the 18B update, so don't feel like bringing it back again so soon, especially if it's accompanied by a big bill!
The Phase 5 with CP/AA is, I believe, only being beta tested at this point and only at select UK dealers. At least I haven't seen any postings showing it appearing in U.S. Velar updates. December rollout is what the special orders guy at my dealership in the Washington DC area says. The big question is whether it will be free or a several hundred dollars charge to activate it.
On order: MY19.5 R-Dynamic P380 HSE, Kaikoura Stone, Black Contrast Roof, Light Oyster/Dapple Grey Premium Textile Seating, lotsa other stuff. Est. build date 7 Dec 2018, delivery date 18 Jan 2019.

KRG

Post by KRG » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Gurgeh wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pm
The Phase 5 with CP/AA is, I believe, only being beta tested at this point and only at select UK dealers. At least I haven't seen any postings showing it appearing in U.S. Velar updates. December rollout is what the special orders guy at my dealership in the Washington DC area says. The big question is whether it will be free or a several hundred dollars charge to activate it.
My US dealer said they had phase 5 as of last week. The service manager called me personally. I have an appointment at the end of the month; didn't want to be the first they do. I hope it works because I'm so tired of ICTP problems.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:10 pm

My car is in today (Thu 11th Oct 2018) for a software update. I asked what version I was getting and they think still Phase 4 but will put on the latest version available. I am surprised how long it takes, in at 08:00 and told will be ready next day. 2 days to update software seems mad!
Velar S D240. Narvik Black - Scotland

Gurgeh

Post by Gurgeh » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:04 pm

KRG wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:10 pm
Gurgeh wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pm
My US dealer said they had phase 5 as of last week. The service manager called me personally. I have an appointment at the end of the month; didn't want to be the first they do. I hope it works because I'm so tired of ICTP problems.
Nice! Please let us know how it goes...
On order: MY19.5 R-Dynamic P380 HSE, Kaikoura Stone, Black Contrast Roof, Light Oyster/Dapple Grey Premium Textile Seating, lotsa other stuff. Est. build date 7 Dec 2018, delivery date 18 Jan 2019.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”