Phase 5 update now available

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Rainman

Re: Phase 5 update now available

Post by Rainman » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:50 am

GSudhir wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm
Do you mind if I ask which dealer did this for you? And did you have to pay to get the Car play installed?
I still have the Phase 3 on my car and In controls Apps keep glitching. So I contacted my local dealer (Barnet, North London) and they tell me that the will put the Phase 4 update for me. I asked about Phase 5 and they don't seem to be aware of Phase 5.
They also tell me the Apple Car Play is also available but it is a chargeable upgrade!
I was upgraded from 18C to 18D as the inContriol was totally unusable, and they installed ACP free.
Upon testing the new software while the salesman was standing there, InControl was as bad as before, but ACP worked a treat. The salesman apologized and said I would have to wait for Phase 5 to hopefully fix InControl.

After a few weeks of using ACP, I don't care if InControl ever works, as I much prefer the increased functionality, though the graphics are a bit loud.

If your dealer can't get InConrol to work properly (which I doubt they will) just insist that they activate ACP free, as that's what every other dealer seems to be doing. You are entitled to have all the features on your car work without fault.
2018 Velar D180 S Narvik Black with toys added.
2012 Range Rover L322 4.4 Westminster

basel

Post by basel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:36 am

I noticed that with the 18D now the incontrol is much faster and more responsive ...
Velar P250 SE

KRG

Post by KRG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Forgive me for probably asking something that’s been repeated several times. I have what I assume is ‘phase 5’ With CarPlay, but my software says 18C. Is their another newer version? I see people mentioning 18D. My last update finally addressed the connectivity issues...Bluetooth, usb, carplay all work...but the system itself is much less stable than it was previously. Both the lower and upper screen sometimes don’t turn on for a couple minutes after startup, when they do turn on they’re much laggier than they used to be (they used to be fast). I’m also getting weird glitches like the a/c setting itself to low instead of remembering my settings, the ambient lighting changing colors on its own, etc. These issues have all been documented here plenty of times, but I never experienced them frequently until this 18C w/ Carplay update. Hoping there’s another that has solved this.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

Konrad

Post by Konrad » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:29 pm

After last service software update I think I have Phase 5, BUT

As You can see on the picture below when I go to all settings -> software update at the bottom -> I have only ONE software: infotainment system version InControl Touch Pro: S18D_18.47.5-269316

1_softwear.jpg

My friend and few of You gays have TWO software version information as below picture:
one is infotainment system version
and second one is car software version, that I do not have

2_softwear.jpg

Can You tell me why is that? one car have only infotainment system and another have 2 system version listed?

I will add that I ask my dealer to get Smartfone pack with Appel car Play but they told me that they tried but could not install it, even that my friend who have the same car from MY18 had it installed

GSudhir

Post by GSudhir » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Got my car back today after the 18D update! Super happy, ACP and AA installed. And free of charge!
First impressions: ACP working really well. Tried Spotify, Google maps and Waze and all worked well.
They also did some firmware update for the lower screen and graphics are slightly different from before. Looks cool. Loving it!
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys

J77

Post by J77 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:10 pm

I’m still trying to getting mine booked in, my own dealer denies all knowledge of ACP and still waiting on a reply from the dealership in Edinburgh :evil:
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

Davidt1956

Post by Davidt1956 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:48 pm

I have a January 2018 Rangerover sport with the same Velar Touchscreen.
Obviously Apple car play wasnt available when I purchased the car from New.
In November the car went in for some warranty work on locks and had a software update to correct an occasional glitch where the radio wouldnt ‘boot’.

The other day ( January 2019) My Iphone was nearly flat and I had to plug it in via a USB lead to the centre console to add some charge.
You can imagine my surprise when the option to link to apple car play came up on screen!
I clicked on the link and all connected and works fine.
Music playback on spotify is crackly on an aftermarket USB/Lighting lead but works fine on the genuine Apple lead.

So if you havent got it on a 2018 early model - get down to your dealer!

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:20 pm

I’m really loving ACP now....especially since I set it up to auto connect ....Siri is brilliant for texts/ music search . Love it
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

GSudhir

Re: Phase 5 update now available- system reboot!

Post by GSudhir » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:01 pm

I was driving around happily enjoying ACP. However, I had a little surprise. I was using waze for navigation and listening to my Spotify playlist on ACP. when suddenly the system did freeze and decided to reboot itself while I was driving!!! Both screens went off, the top screen went backing from the tilt position and then started back again with LR logo all whilst I was driving!!! Not sure what the hell happened. Very strange indeed. And then started working again! I drove about 15 miles after this without any issues!
Anyone had similar issues?
(The software version I have is S18D_18.47.5-269316)
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys

J77

Post by J77 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Well I’ve finally managed to get booked in next month to have the new update at, another dealer, but I’ve been told I will be charged for Apple CarPlay which I politely declined, I ain’t paying for something others owners have had for free, and I’m of the opinion that if incontrol was up to a reasonable standard I wouldn’t need ACP.

Though what they did say was they are waiting on JLR to confirm the update.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”