Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Phase 5 update now available

341K views 851 replies 164 participants last post by  AndreaZangani 
#1 ·
So car in for a Phase 4 software update and was advised that Phase 5 is now available but there has been trouble loading the software and stability issues. So naturally staying with Phase 5 as experience has taught me there is NO first mover advantage with JLR.

Anyone experience Phase 5 yet?
Do you have release notes you can PM me with what exactly is on offer?

I would be very keen on any input. Thank you.

#2 ·
Will this one offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as the Jags seem to have it in their latest update.

My one has just had phase 4 and so far everything is working as it should, my dealer doesn't have phase 5 yet but my car has to go back in for a few bodywork issues so will ask them again.

#6 ·
Had a call with my dealer about other things and he mentioned that Phase 5 is about to hit the dealers and they have been told that it will be the final release.

#8 ·
So just had a call from the dealer that they have successfully loaded Phase 5 on to my car (was previously advised they prefer to load phase 4 as there were early problems on Phase 5 downloads.) So hopefully will be able to report in a couple of days how things have been going

I try not to be the first mover with anything JLR bit looks like I am going to be the guinea pig on this one.

Right.

#9 ·
SpokenHands said:
So just had a call from the dealer that they have successfully loaded Phase 5 on to my car (was previously advised they prefer to load phase 4 as there were early problems on Phase 5 downloads.) So hopefully will be able to report in a couple of days how things have been going

I try not to be the first mover with anything JLR bit looks like I am going to be the guinea pig on this one.

Right.
Intrigued to hear how it goes. Any signs of ACP or AA?

#10 ·
Phase 5 update now comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Loads quickly and Menu options very fast compared to Phase 3 I had previously. This update has addressed issues I have had with Phase 3 in particular the voice navigation and safety camera audio warnings.
Automotive lighting Bumper Musical instrument accessory Automotive design Font

Electronic instrument Bumper Gas Font Audio equipment

Attachments

#11 ·
SpokenHands said:
Phase 5 update now comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Loads quickly and Menu options very fast compared to Phase 3 I had previously. This update has addressed issues I have had with Phase 3 in particular the voice navigation and safety camera audio warnings.
Screenshot_20180923-104848.png

Screenshot_20180923-104935.png
Improvements in voice navigation? Does this mean you can now speak an address and the nav system will find it?

#13 ·
Improvements in voice navigation? Does this mean you can now speak an address and the nav system will find it?
Yes.

"Take me HOME" and
"Take me to <postcode>" works fine.

You have to have a registered HOME address etc naturally

#14 ·
SpokenHands said:
Yes.

"Take me HOME" and
"Take me to <postcode>" works fine.

You have to have a registered HOME address etc naturally
These were introduced with phase 3 & 4 respectively. You can also enter full address (phase 4)

#19 ·
Loz said:
Without seeing a working ACP or AA screen I find it difficult to believe. Are the two icons/ buttons there as place holders for future functionality? Like OTA, it does nothing yet....

Would be great to see some AA and ACP screens.
Jaguar have it fully functioning in their phase 5 update.

#21 ·
I was told by my dealer that it's been rolled out to staff cars and one dealer to start with and then a few weeks later it will be generally available. I'll be the first at my dealers to have it installed as they want me to test and feedback to them. We have a good relationship :)

#22 ·
Adsgofast said:
Just called two dealers in London and neither have phase 5.
You've seen the pictures here of Phase 5. So your dealer just needs to make an effort.

Loz - AC and AA are functioning. Time to bite, picture or not

#24 ·
The software updates are not in any way delivered to the dealers physically, they are downloaded throug a system called
Pathfinder. Furthermore the updates are vehicle dependent, so for instance if your.car is not equipped with the required hardware for a certain software version, the software will not be available for your car. When the workshop connects a car to the computer it
Makes an online check and returns whatever new versions of software that are available for different modules and systems in
The actual car that is connected to the computer at that particular time. Another way to check for updates is by typing in the
Vin number of the car and check what's available, not recommend but some dealers do it anyway. The problem with doing it
Manually, so to say, is that it requires that the tech has downloaded the latest available version of pathfinder, preferably the same day
He checks for new software. So when you ask your dealer if they have this or that version of software and your car in not there and hooked up to their computer, the answer No can mean several thing. 1 They haven't updated their pathfinder software. 2 They check using a random vin number of another Velar that is equipped with the required hardware. 3 JLR has simply told the dealers to answer no to the question. 4 it just doesn't exist.
Software updates are time consuming and somebody has to pay for it, so if you have not expressed a concern regarding an issue
That will be rectified by that pice of software JLR simply won't pay the dealer for the work.
To sum up this post. As of 10 minutes ago there are NO bulletins in the Topix system that mention anything about Phase 5 in relation to the Velar Model. However the software that contains the ACP and AA exists and has been implemented in The I-Pace and F-Pace. It has Also
Been prereleased to a small amont of dealer that have updated a handful of Velars among a few other models.
Just to be clear, I don't work at JLR or at any dealership, I work with car software development.
I do own a Velar and waiting for my I-pace company car, and I'm probably just as frustrated as all other owners that are eagerly waiting for there ICTP to finally be useful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.