Phase 5 update now available

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
MikeJL

Re: Phase 5 update now available

Post by MikeJL » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:17 pm

JonnyVTEC wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:39 pm
That’s not unique to I-PACE... they all ship like that now.
They are all capable of receiving over the air updates, but JLR haven’t implemented it yet. That applies to the iPace as well, I was wrong when I stated earlier that they can receive them.
I may have said before, I won’t be an early adopter when they do turn it on!
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 18B

J77

Post by J77 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:35 pm

I definitely won’t be trying OTA, if dealers can’t get the updates to work what chance have I got?
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:45 am

Jim55 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:05 pm
I thought that ACP and AA came as part of the 18C and later updates, which do take many hours to do along with supervision from the acolytes. Once 18C is installed all that is required is activating these functions.

My Velar was updated to 18C as part of its PDI and after I mentioned ACP and AA the dealer turned on them for me without any issues and gave the impression it was just a couple of minutes to activate the functionality.

Rainman, if your dealer is quoting 4 hours I would assume your car does not already have 18C or later. If you already have the update then it may be worth querying the amount of time he is estimating. If you have any of the issues that 18C and 18D resolve then your dealer should be resolving these anyway, with or without AA and ACP activation.
This may have changed, but I received the 18C update when it came out in October, but no CarPlay, and when I convinced a new dealer to update at no charge due to my screen glitching a few weeks later, they said that activation has to be done during installation of the software, and thus required them to fully reinstall 18C and activate ACP in the process (taking a loaner). I don’t know why they wouldn’t have just activated it and saved them the trouble if it was possible to do after the fact given I already had the software version needed and I wasn’t paying them.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:40 am

@P380NavrikEclipse; perhaps they did a full install because then they were able to bill JLR for the work?
If everything dealers have been reported as saying is true, the mind truly boggles at the level of incompetence at JLR.

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:09 pm

MikeJL wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:40 am
@P380NavrikEclipse; perhaps they did a full install because then they were able to bill JLR for the work?
If everything dealers have been reported as saying is true, the mind truly boggles at the level of incompetence at JLR.
Possible, though I would expect JLR to deny the dealer from overbilling them given they would know that you can just press activate vs. a full reinstall. In any event, the incompetence is palatable.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:09 pm

My comment ref. full new ICTDuo install v simple ACP/AA activation are just my opinion from comments and discussions with service staff on my F-Pace and the sales guy on my Velar - so could be totally wrong :lol:
December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

JonnyVTEC

Post by JonnyVTEC » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:20 pm

MikeJL wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:17 pm
JonnyVTEC wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:39 pm
That’s not unique to I-PACE... they all ship like that now.
They are all capable of receiving over the air updates, but JLR haven’t implemented it yet. That applies to the iPace as well, I was wrong when I stated earlier that they can receive them.
I may have said before, I won’t be an early adopter when they do turn it on!
Don’t worry you won’t be an early adopter. I’ve had about 20 already ;)

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:58 am

JonnyVTEC wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:20 pm
Don’t worry you won’t be an early adopter. I’ve had about 20 already ;)
On the Velar?

GSudhir

Post by GSudhir » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm

Do you mind if I ask which dealer did this for you? And did you have to pay to get the Car play installed?
I still have the Phase 3 on my car and In controls Apps keep glitching. So I contacted my local dealer (Barnet, North London) and they tell me that the will put the Phase 4 update for me. I asked about Phase 5 and they don't seem to be aware of Phase 5.
They also tell me the Apple Car Play is also available but it is a chargeable upgrade!
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:39 pm

Ive had ACP update at no charge when I took my new velar in for a rattle on a speaker. the service technician noticed straight away it wasn’t the latest software and said they would do the update when they looked at the speaker . Ironically they couldn’t find a rattle , upgraded to 18D software hand the rattle has gone !!!! Still got a very random but noticeable cracking noise when playing audio via Bluetooth our USB cable . I’m hoping there is a fix for this on the way as besides this my car is awesome . ( Stafford Land Rover is where I had the work done although it was purchased from Stratstone Stoke )
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”