Beware wrong Velar delivered and i rejected it!

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Nishallblackvelar

Beware wrong Velar delivered and i rejected it!

Post by Nishallblackvelar » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:41 am

Where do i start! After a long awaited 3 months today my contract lease velar was delivered (pic attached). Rdynamic d180 se all black with black pack on black 21s gloss black alloys a truly beautiful car. It came from the huddelsfield land rover dealer (be wary). However! They got my interior all wrong! I ordered the light oyster with ebony suede and they sent it with all black standard i couldn't believe it after a 3 month wait they still got it wrong. Call me OTT but I refused to accept delivery untill Huddersfield land rover could offer me a reasonable solution. They started off with a poxy £300 service pack which i simply refused and long story short they went up to £1000 cash sum for me to keep the car. To me this wasn't acceptable, even though it was their fault they couldn't even guarantee that if i ordered a new one with the correct spec it would be the same monthly payments etc they said it would go up! So after establishing I've been kicked in the nuts i rejected it all and was tired of the "this is the most i can do for you". No compensation given to me btw.

So now im having to look for another deal. The wife and i are so upset. We didn't feel it was fair to have to settle for a car we're paying so much for.

If anyone is aware of any good leasing companies or good contacts please let me know as i want to get ordering asap.

Also anyone else had this problem before?

Sorry for the rant and thanks.

IMG_20181023_122704_150.jpg

Murdered out :ugeek: black VELAR.
D180se R Dynamic
22inch gloss blacks
Black pack with black tints
Light oyster and ebony suede black
Ambient lighting

lawly74

Re: Beware wrong Velar delivered and i rejected it!

Post by lawly74 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:42 am

Wow that’s tough and I understand your upset. When you have waited for something so long and it arrives different then that’s hard to swallow.
Personally I’ve gone for black leather anyway as had oyster in the past and it showed too many marks for my liking.
It’s your call but if it were me I’d hate to go back to square one and you’ll be hard pushed to get a a velar this side of Christmas so I would take the car and the £1k but thats just me. I'd be fuming too.
Last edited by lawly74 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY19.5 Velar R Dynamic SE D180, FUJI WHITE, contrast black roof, full black leather, black pack, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, adaptive dynamics, tracker, service pack :D

Loz

Post by Loz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:12 am

They say new car sales are down but the industry make no effort to improve on customer experience/ satisfaction etc. As for opinions on what I would do if someone else would do in your circumstances is their personal view. I would expect someone spending for most people what amounts to a significant amount of money either in monthly running costs or cash in an outright payment to expect the delivered vehicle to match the agreed order.

If I placed an order at a takeaway and they got it wrong I would wait until the got it right.

The mentality of put up and shut up suits some people/ character types but not others. Some people give a damn if their expensive car gets a ding whilst others do not really give a damn.

As for compensation the dealer probably blames JLR, JLR blames the dealer. This then just goes nowhere and really is a reflection on the company.

Above a d beyond.....really?

zoban17

Post by zoban17 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:33 am

You did the right thing and I can understand how frustrating and disappointing it can be. Did the dealer not send you the build sheet which comes from the factory with last amendment date possible? If you are looking at leasing my suggestion is to go with leasing company I used for my velar order. PM me and I would share the details including deal and point of contact who can offer you a solution which doesn't make you wait again for 3 months.
2.0 D180 R-Dynamic SE 5dr Auto [2019] ,Premium metallic - Silicon silver
Electric panoramic sunroof with sunblind :D

Wolfie

Post by Wolfie » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 am

Ouch! Very disappointing for you and I too would have rejected the vehicle. You spend all your driving time inside the vehicle so it’s (to me) critical that the interior is right. There’s a world of difference between black and cream interiors, IMHO changes to feel of the car completely.

I think there’s two distinct camps for interior colours. Those that light light interiors (like me/Swmbo) wouldn’t contemplate a car with a dark interior and those who like dark interiors wouldn’t entertain a light interior. Seems to be much stronger draw to one or the other than there is on exterior colour.

It beggars belief that the dealer thought a few hundred quid would satisfy you. The only route was to do what you did.

Unfortunately I can’t point you to other lease deals, but can offer sympathy and support!
D 300 First Edition Corris Grey

Barachus

Post by Barachus » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:45 am

Totally understand you rejecting it
I have a black interior, there is no way I would have lived with a light interior
The compensation was ridiculous

J77

Post by J77 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:20 am

If it’s a leasing company how is it the dealers fault? Don’t the leasing companies spec the cars?
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

2020 Defender on order

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:06 pm

J77 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:20 am
If it’s a leasing company how is it the dealers fault? Don’t the leasing companies spec the cars?
That's what I thought.

Don't blame you for rejecting the car though £1000 cash sum may be a reasonable offer to some. But the issue may have been the leasing company not the dealer getting your order wrong. Might be worth elaborating asked on filed order sheet.
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
2018 Mercedes AMG GT-C Roadster
2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE

Dani80

Post by Dani80 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:07 pm

I had a similar disappointment - my MY19 arrived at my dealer with the wrong seats. I had ordered the full leather seat option (free option) as opposed to the leather/suede option. Figured with two young kids the suede would not be serviceable. Despite confirming this with the dealer in writing, the car arrived with the wrong seats. On collection the dealer told me that the full leather free option was not available for D180 R Dynamic SE, which I know is factually incorrect.

The dealer treated the suede with some 'scotchguard equivalent' to protect it and having got caught up in the excitement of getting my new car I just accepted it. Admittedly the suede inserts look well on the black seats (they are only small sections of the seats) - I just fear they won't look so well when the leasing company arrive to inspect and collect the car in 4 years!!!!

I definitely wouldn't have accepted a different colour of seats though, so I think you made the right decision.
MY2019 Velar D180 R-Dynamic SE
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass
Ambient Lighting

eayub

Post by eayub » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Wow that sucks!

Mine is getting delivered next week - hope there are no surprises!!!

On slightly separate note, I noticed yours was delivered on a trailer. I'm having mine delivered from North Wales to Surbiton, but assumed someone would be driving it down and I was getting nervous about the inspection.

Is it normal for these to be delivered on a trailer?