Beware wrong Velar delivered and i rejected it!

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
PodGibbs

Re: Beware wrong Velar delivered and i rejected it!

Post by PodGibbs » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:13 pm

Hope no one on here is waiting for one of these cars !
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ridge.html
D300SE+ Options..

rebel1978

Post by rebel1978 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:49 pm

J77 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:20 am
If it’s a leasing company how is it the dealers fault? Don’t the leasing companies spec the cars?
Difficult to know where the mistake was made. I would assume it was the dealer's mistake here as it is them offering the compensation.
I've recently taken delivery and half expected there to be something wrong but everything was as I requested.

Mine is a lease through Best Car Finder and supplied from Guy Salmon, Thames Ditton. Apart from a bit of a lack of communication from the lease company at times I couldn't fault it. Also the price was much better than any other lease quotes I had.

Nishallblackvelar

Post by Nishallblackvelar » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:10 pm

Thanks for all the support guys yea i do think I've made the right decision and it gives me the chance to find a better deal for the 19.5 velar.

Yeah it shouldn't be driven if its brand new as you have ordered a brand new car with 0 miles! So yes make sure they trailor it.

My deal was 590 but it included road tax or vehicle excise duty i should say just another scam on a 4 year lease. If anyone can find me a better deal please help for me to reorder!
Murdered out :ugeek: black VELAR.
D180se R Dynamic
22inch gloss blacks
Black pack with black tints
Light oyster and ebony suede black
Ambient lighting

EmmaS

Post by EmmaS » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:26 am

Try the whatcar website, I got a good lease deal through there, while checking other quotes to compare (that didn’t come close) these guys matched it for me https://www.cvmgroup.co.uk

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 am

Nishallblackvelar wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:41 am
Where do i start! After a long awaited 3 months today my contract lease velar was delivered (pic attached). Rdynamic d180 se all black with black pack on black 21s gloss black alloys a truly beautiful car. It came from the huddelsfield land rover dealer (be wary). However! They got my interior all wrong! I ordered the light oyster with ebony suede and they sent it with all black standard i couldn't believe it after a 3 month wait they still got it wrong. Call me OTT but I refused to accept delivery untill Huddersfield land rover could offer me a reasonable solution. They started off with a poxy £300 service pack which i simply refused and long story short they went up to £1000 cash sum for me to keep the car. To me this wasn't acceptable, even though it was their fault they couldn't even guarantee that if i ordered a new one with the correct spec it would be the same monthly payments etc they said it would go up! So after establishing I've been kicked in the nuts i rejected it all and was tired of the "this is the most i can do for you". No compensation given to me btw.

So now im having to look for another deal. The wife and i are so upset. We didn't feel it was fair to have to settle for a car we're paying so much for.

If anyone is aware of any good leasing companies or good contacts please let me know as i want to get ordering asap.

Also anyone else had this problem before?

Sorry for the rant and thanks.
Hi Nishallblackvelar,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of this,

Please DM me with your contact, vehicle and retailer details so I can investigate this matter further.

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK

MVS111

Post by MVS111 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:00 pm

Something similar has just happened to me.

I went to collect my new Velar MY21 D300 MHEV HSE on Friday - all black with black pack, sliding panoramic roof, on 21 dark grey alloys a truly beautiful car.
However! They got my interior all wrong! I ordered the light oyster headlining and they sent it with all black standard. The seats are correct, Acorn leather.

I told the dealer as soon as I saw the interiors.

I was then made to understand that the factory had made a mistake and that it will be sent to the factory for rectification. I drove away on the assurance and then wrote an email to confirm that it was going to go to the factory for rectification. The truth then came out that the dealer had incorrectly input my order and was trying to smudge the truth.

I have written back rejecting the car as I do not want the dealer to rip up my brand new car and replace the headlining. I am certain it will never be the same and I will be taking on all the risk of post warranty issues to the sliding roof etc.

I have given them the option to either order me a new one in the correct specifications or to give me a refund. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Kingoyinbo

Post by Kingoyinbo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Nishallblackvelar wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:10 pm
Thanks for all the support guys yea i do think I've made the right decision and it gives me the chance to find a better deal for the 19.5 velar.

Yeah it shouldn't be driven if its brand new as you have ordered a brand new car with 0 miles! So yes make sure they trailor it.

My deal was 590 but it included road tax or vehicle excise duty i should say just another scam on a 4 year lease. If anyone can find me a better deal please help for me to reorder!
I got a MY21 P250 Range Rover Velar edition (Velar edition is a R Dynamic SE with black pack, sliding pan roof, premium paint, privacy glass) on a 4 year PCP deal for £600 a month with 2K deposit.

That’s an ongoing deal they have on the the Stratstone website

If you would consider PCP rather than lease it seems like a much better deal than your lease offer.