Dealership sales experience

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
gazb84

Dealership sales experience

Post by gazb84 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:27 am

In my quest to secure the best Velar deal, I have contacted with 4 separate dealer franchises. Inchcape, Farnell, Guy Salmon and Stratstones.

Whilst all have been happy to provide some form of response (except Inchcape which I am waiting for a returned call or email from 3 different branches) I’ve found the whole experience so far underwhelming.

Buying any car, whether a £5k or £50k car, should be a positive experience but I’ve found the lack of communication a real problem.

I’ve got to the point of a deal I am happy with but despite 3 emails and 2 phone messages I’ve had no response.

I mean, how hard should it be to buy a £58k car? You’d think they’d be the proactive one in concluding a sale, but I am starting to think why should I be the one chasing a sales guy to buy a car from him!

Should I keep pestering for a reply or take the deal to another dealership and give them the opportunity to have my business, on principle. :?
On order (Stratstone deal)
R-Dynamic SE D180
Byron Blue
Eclipse leather / Ebony suedecloth interior
Privacy Glass
360 Cam
Narvik contrast roof
Fixed Pan Glass roof
Model & Engine badge deletion
5 year service pack
:D :D :D

WalterKirk

Re: Dealership sales experience

Post by WalterKirk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:01 am

All Land Rover dealers seem to be in general of the view they are doing you a favour by selling you a car.

I have had one good experience but here are some bad ones (from two different dealerships).

- Telling me a vehicle was the wrong model year
- Lying about an oil change that was done when it hadn't been (two separate dealerships have done this)
- Not sending my PCP documentation off in time so I can't excercise my 14 day right of withdrawal
- Trying to sell me wheel scuff insurance then delivering an approved vehicle with badly scuffed wheels.
- No full tank of fuel when purchasing new vehicle then when taking it in for servicing running half a tank down and not replacing
- Dirty interior upon delivery
- When I was unfortunate enough to receive a PCN in a loan vehicle informing me 4 hours before the deadline (the email trail showed they had been in possession of the information for 10 days before letting me know).

I have come to have low expectations but continue to buy as I love the cars so much. If I didn't I'd buy an Audi whom I have previously had excellent customer experiances with.

Paulsamphire

Post by Paulsamphire » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Use carwow mate. They will get back to you in a flash with the best discount they can offer. It’s really easy and belive it or not they actually want your business that’s why they have signed up to be a member of carwow

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:20 pm

Paulsamphire wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:29 pm
Use carwow mate. They will get back to you in a flash with the best discount they can offer. It’s really easy and belive it or not they actually want your business that’s why they have signed up to be a member of carwow
+1, my experience exactly.
December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:42 pm

I have used carwow but struggled to get anywhere with a deal.

Stratstones have delivered on a pcp quote but I literally want to pay a deposit and no one is getting back to me.

So frustrating.
R-Dynamic SE D180
Byron Blue
Privacy Glass
360 Cam
Narvik contrast roof
Fixed Pan Glass roof
5 year service pack

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:17 pm

gazb84, I entered my car details on to Carwow on a Saturday evening, had 5 responses by Sunday evening and then swapped questions and revisions until about a week later I selected the dealer I'm buying my car from. They weren't the cheapest but they offered a good deal and they are relatively close to where I live (which I prefer though not an essential requirement). The main selling point was that the salesman kept in touch, discussed options and generally provided knowledgable advice.

Since placing my order and paying the deposit the salesman has contacted me a few times to give me updates and to check if I wanted any changes before the order was locked in.

A completely different experience to that I had when I bought my F-Pace where I ended up emailing the dealer principle asking if they actually sold cars, as my buying experience up to that point was all failed call backs, being ignored when I called for a test drive, etc. This was a dealer I had had a 6+ year relationship with at that time (their servicing department has always provided a good service).
December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

Slydog

Post by Slydog » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:23 pm

Never use Stratstone Mayfair - they are nothing short of a disgrace to deal with.
D180 R-Dynamic SE
Narvik Black
20” Grey Alloys
Pano
Privacy

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Stratstones are the only one who can get me under £600 per month for R Dynamic SE D180 with met paint, 360 cam and contrast roof. All other offers so far have been £50 per month more expensive and they can’t get any closer.

I don’t think carwow will get anywhere near it either as the discounts on the car are nowhere near what’s needed to counter out the effect of the 3.9% interest that stratstones appear to have exclusive rights to as all other franchises are 5.9%.

I’ve submitted another carwow request just to give it one last chance. The thought of giving my business to someone who can’t be bothered to get back in touch with me really pees me off.
R-Dynamic SE D180
Byron Blue
Privacy Glass
360 Cam
Narvik contrast roof
Fixed Pan Glass roof
5 year service pack

J77

Post by J77 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Can’t fault Pentland Cupar up this neck of the woods, dealt with them for the last 11 years, even when they traded as Stratstone.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

Halifaxian

Post by Halifaxian » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Gazb84 I have got a far better deal on a Dynamic SE with lots of extras. Happy to share what I'm paying etc if you wish to pm me (if indeed that's possible on here). WRT the buying experience my chosen dealer through CARWOW was superb fortunately / unfortunately I got a far far better deal from an non CARWOW supplier but I'm having to pester (politely) to get a response.
My VELAR is on order with expected delivery before end Jan 2019.
Dynamic SE 180
Fuji White
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Dark Ash panels
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”