Dealership sales experience

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Halifaxian

Re: Dealership sales experience

Post by Halifaxian » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Jamesca80. Sorry but it wont let me send PM I did try...……
Dynamic SE 180
Fuji White
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Dark Ash panels
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

jamesca80

Post by jamesca80 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Halifaxian wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:40 pm
Jamesca80. Sorry but it wont let me send PM I did try...……
No worries, could email me? its jimmyca69 at the hottest email in town (.com) ;)

LeoLondon

Post by LeoLondon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 am

Go with Rockar through CarWow, you'll get great discounts, very transparent and fantastic ordering system. Stratstone was just useless, I was a returning customer looking for a D180, they didn't want to know, no return calls, completely unknowledgeable and very arrogant, I did use the Mayfair branch because it's local, I'd go after in my gym gear and they looked right down on me, anyway their loss, ended up buying an R-Dynamic D300 with loads of options, just have the long wait now....mehhhh!
R-Dynamic HSE 3.0 D300, Corris Grey, Blk Pack, Eb Windsor, Sliding P Roof, Blk Con Roof, Priv Gls, HUD, Meridian 1600W, Drv Ass Pack, Clim Pack, Config Amb Lights, Illum Trd Plates, Pwr Sockets Rear, Conv Pack, Htd wheel, 21" Blk Gloss Wheels

musky3415

Post by musky3415 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:07 am

We went with Guy Salmon in Sheffield this weekend . Visited Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield but were ignored by sales staff too busy chatting with each other. Stratstone never responded to emails/ return calls and whilst a great base deal not so sure what the angle is with 6 grand of options. GS matched the Carwow lowest base offer and really helped with option selection, actually advising us not to go with some instead of just a hard sell. Obviously the final proof of the pudding is still to come

TheBigA

Post by TheBigA » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:41 am

Anyone had any experience dealing with Westover Salisbury? Placed my order with them late October. Very similar experience to the majority of you so far. It’s like pulling teeth trying to get any information on my build/delivery date.
On Order:
R Dynamic SE D300.
Silicon Silver
22” Style 9007 wheels
Off road pack
Fixed pano roof
Privacy glass
Illuminated door plates
Extended leather
Light oyster interior
Configurable lighting
Heated steering wheel
Convenience pack

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:44 am

TheBigA wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:41 am
Anyone had any experience dealing with Westover Salisbury? Placed my order with them late October. Very similar experience to the majority of you so far. It’s like pulling teeth trying to get any information on my build/delivery date.

Used them once. Never ever again.
Once they have your money............
R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22&20” black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting, remote seat release,heated steering wheel

Pmac13

Post by Pmac13 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:31 am

Very impressed with Guy Salmon Bristol so far, very friendly always respond to emails very quickly and so far have delivered on all the promises they made initially. Also matched the best CarWow offer I’d had which impressed me. Fingers crossed everything else goes smoothly!
D180 S, Firenze Red, Park Pack, Acorn leather.

MKVelar81

Post by MKVelar81 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:52 am

I used carwow and ordered via Rockar. Its not that local to me but the difference in price and service compared to the local dealer in Milton keynes or Bedford was amazing. they offered 4.9% on the PCP and managed to get the spec below £80 a month cheaper compared to a stock D240 with no options from the MK dealer. Very open when i asked about GAP and stated we dont push it as you can get it cheaper online, asked about a service pack and due to me changing cars every 18/24 months they told me it would be cheaper just to pay for the 1 service i would need. Makes a change a dealer that doesnt push extras and is very honest.
Ordered 20/11/18 :D 19.5MY R-Dynamic SE D275 Corris Grey, 21" 1033 Black Wheels, Sliding Pano roof, Black Pack, Heated Steering wheel, No Derivative or engine badge, No roof rails

Marto27

Post by Marto27 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:48 pm

I''m looking at Rockar online and the discount and interest rate is way better than anything I've been offered locally (Cumbria).

When I asked one dealer about discount he just said 'we don't really need to'. They offered me £2,200 off an R Dynamic SE D300 but when I sent through the CarWow prices showing discounts upto £4,500 they didn't seem interested. Accompanied me on the test drive too which is my pet hate.

The other was great in person and let me take a D300 HSE out unaccompanied but never replied to any of my emails or followed up after.

They do seem to have the attitude where the customer has to do all the chasing and that we should feel privileged for them to sell us a car.

My BMW dealer is far better to deal with, and the interest rates on PCP are a fraction of Land Rovers.

Temped to just order online from Rockar - neither of my local dealers have impressed me with their service.

Carpenpa

Post by Carpenpa » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:33 pm

Possibly not much help for most but Carrs JLR inTruro were amazing. Having placed my order and deposit for an iPace and then got cold feet, they simply stated that their job was to get the right car for me. The next day they arranged an hour with a Jag sales guy taking me out in an F-Pace followed by an hour with a LR salesman and the Velar back to back. I had also used CarWow in the meantime to which they responded within 12 hours. The finance manager introduced himself to me and went through options /discounts and so on. I placed my order for the Velar and had all of the confirmation emailed to me to check the next day along with confirmation of finance and so on. Each of the sales guys new their stuff regarding model year changes, Apple CarPlay, Android and other connect services. That is how it should be for any car purchase - £10k or 100K as far as I’m concerned. After all, the punter buying a second hand first car for his kids will remember how he / she was treated.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”