Dealership sales experience

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
SpokenHands

My Dealership sales experience

Post by SpokenHands » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:16 pm

I have had an excellent dealership experience with Guy Salmon Land Rover Coventry which is very closely tied in with JLR just down the road so expect high quality service, attractive ‘brand experience’ freebies during and after sales and matching the best deal you can find on CarWow.

Meet them, get an extended test drive, spec the car you want, make sure they’re invested and in parallel, spec the identical car on Carwow. Ask them to match the best deal you get like for like and you’re winning. I got £10,000 off a fully loaded First Edition D300 HSE, a lower interest rate on balance finance, a die cast model of a Velar for my son, a coffee table book ICON, Land Rover valve caps, a British food and drinks hamper from JLR and the complimentary half day experience at Eastnor Castle within the week. No waiting around for weeks.

Got the Phase 3, 4 and most lately the Phase 5 software update which has addressed all the niggles I have had. Can not recommend Emily Rudd at the dealership highly enough.
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

maitology

Re: Dealership sales experience

Post by maitology » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:18 pm

I had none of this from Stratstone. Nonsense experience start to finish.

Edwin52

Post by Edwin52 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:10 am

I got an offer from Carwow, 7.3% discount. But this was beaten by a Guy Salmon, Ascot. Ordered an D240 rDynamic HSE, but may change D275

jamesca80

Post by jamesca80 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:11 am

Halifaxian wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:29 pm
Gazb84 I have got a far better deal on a Dynamic SE with lots of extras. Happy to share what I'm paying etc if you wish to pm me (if indeed that's possible on here). WRT the buying experience my chosen dealer through CARWOW was superb fortunately / unfortunately I got a far far better deal from an non CARWOW supplier but I'm having to pester (politely) to get a response.
My VELAR is on order with expected delivery before end Jan 2019.
PM'd you for details

Rover V8

Post by Rover V8 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Got an appointment through Carwow. Been the worst experience of ever buying anything (bought more than dozen cars in 40 yrs motoring). Customer services got involved. Salesman eventually replaced with another when I demanded action from the manager of the dealership after nearly 6 months from order to delivery of this: incorrect info re build spec, I did all the chasing, never had anything explained unless I asked, emails ignored phone calls not returned. Never got a build sheet, Got request for final payment with no invoice just an email ignoring my questions and a sum quoted way over what was due.

Specifically requested careful check by manager personally before handover: they had it days before I was able to collect. On the day scratch on bodywork. I had to take it that day (they did fix it, after more hassle). Handover talk was about 10/15 minutes.Tank nearly empty, After puncture discovered no locking wheel nut adaptor in boot.
Reading experiences of others wonder why no senior exec at JLR hasn't looked at what is posted on this site and put some dealerships on final warning? Love the car, but never again.

jamesca80

Post by jamesca80 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:19 pm

Rover V8 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:05 pm
Got an appointment through Carwow. Been the worst experience of ever buying anything (bought more than dozen cars in 40 yrs motoring). Customer services got involved. Salesman eventually replaced with another when I demanded action from the manager of the dealership after nearly 6 months from order to delivery of this: incorrect info re build spec, I did all the chasing, never had anything explained unless I asked, emails ignored phone calls not returned. Never got a build sheet, Got request for final payment with no invoice just an email ignoring my questions and a sum quoted way over what was due.

Specifically requested careful check by manager personally before handover: they had it days before I was able to collect. On the day scratch on bodywork. I had to take it that day (they did fix it, after more hassle). Handover talk was about 10/15 minutes.Tank nearly empty, After puncture discovered no locking wheel nut adaptor in boot.
Reading experiences of others wonder why no senior exec at JLR hasn't looked at what is posted on this site and put some dealerships on final warning? Love the car, but never again.
:evil: who was that with do you mind me asking? It does seem JLR appear to make BMW look like saints in Customer Service department.

Rover V8

Post by Rover V8 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:20 pm

Lookers

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:24 pm

Stratstones definitely the cheapest for me for all the dealers I’ve had. Carwow nowhere near stratstones on price.
On order (Stratstone deal)
R-Dynamic SE D180
Byron Blue
Eclipse leather / Ebony suedecloth interior
Privacy Glass
360 Cam
Narvik contrast roof
Fixed Pan Glass roof
Model & Engine badge deletion
5 year service pack
:D :D :D

jamesca80

Post by jamesca80 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:07 pm

I think all non-Stratstone dealers are limited by the same thing, that they cant match the 3.9% APR. Most seem to match the discount but then the finance is the issue so payments off.

tyrrell

Post by tyrrell » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:31 pm

The difference between 5.9 and 3.9 is the dealers margin on the finance, just depends on how desperate they are to shift the metal !

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”