Stratstone Mayfair

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Slydog

Stratstone Mayfair

Post by Slydog » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:27 pm

Anybody else received dreadful service from our friends in Mayfair? Supposedly a ‘flagship’ store - it’s nothing short of a disgrace - or maybe people purchasing a Velar are just not important enough? Perhaps those only ordering full autobiography RR are given half decent service?
D180 R-Dynamic SE
Narvik Black
20” Grey Alloys
Pano
Privacy

Kingoyinbo

Re: Stratstone Mayfair

Post by Kingoyinbo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:40 am

You’re not the only one. It requires multiple emails and phone calls for my salesperson to even get back to me.

Pheonix5

Post by Pheonix5 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:28 pm

I contacted Stratsone Mayfair when I wanted to buy the Velar... service was aweful. Was also fed a pack of lies.

I called up the Aylesbury branch, went the next day and placed an order

Would never recommend Mayfair branch

Matty

Post by Matty » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:30 pm

Funny enough, I was treated really well when I spoke to Mayfair. Answered my questions promptly, quote turned around really quickly and were pleasant enough. I ended up going with a local dealer as they would allow me to spread the cost of my options over the 4 year term. Mayfair wouldn’t do that.

Reading other comments I’m glad that I didn’t continue with Mayfair!
R-Dynamic SE
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass

LeoLondon

Post by LeoLondon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:03 am

just awful, do yourself favour and go with CarWow, I highly recommend Rockar.
R-Dynamic HSE 3.0 D300, Corris Grey, Blk Pack, Eb Windsor, Sliding P Roof, Blk Con Roof, Priv Gls, HUD, Meridian 1600W, Drv Ass Pack, Clim Pack, Config Amb Lights, Illum Trd Plates, Pwr Sockets Rear, Conv Pack, Htd wheel, 21" Blk Gloss Wheels

Nunp

Post by Nunp » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 pm

I ordered through Stratstone Mayfair and whilst salesperson does require a nudge he is responsive and judging by the evening email responses he’s maxed out. As soon as he knew I was about to place my Velar order with their Birmingham branch he was quick to beat their quote by £150, reduce my holding deposit and was not required to pay for the options up front as initially requested. Order forms etc all sent across promptly. The folks in Birmingham on the other hand were trying to screw me over by confusing the numbers with my options. Gave me 3 different sets of numbers and as soon as I said I was fed up the right numbers materialised quickly. Also they would not send me an order form to sign only a print screen of the pcp numbers. So horses for courses really. Stoke Stratstone receptionist told me the Velar deal had finish on the morning of the last day. So all in all I was at the very least able to order the Velar from Mayfair. A sad indictment of the service some of us have received - the privilege to order a car.
D180 R-Dynamic SE in Corris Grey, 21 10 spoke Satin Grey alloys, privacy glass, ebony leather

ThatVelar

Post by ThatVelar » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 pm

Slydog wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:27 pm
Anybody else received dreadful service from our friends in Mayfair? Supposedly a ‘flagship’ store - it’s nothing short of a disgrace - or maybe people purchasing a Velar are just not important enough? Perhaps those only ordering full autobiography RR are given half decent service?
If you have placed your order during the groupon deal, it’s certain you will receive 2nd rate service.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”