Disable Stop / Start System

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
ChrisVelar

Re: Disable Stop / Start System

Post by ChrisVelar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi all,

has anybody already experience with disabling the Stop/Start System with this task on the Velar?
fatmanz wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:14 pm
I'm pretty certain there's no way to permanently disable the auto stop/start function through software.

JLR have deliberately left this out of their system even though it is a basic feature people clearly want and the effort required on their part to fix it in software would be trivial.

Looking at the f-pace forums, others have worked around this by disconnecting the signal lead from the voltage quality module in the rear of the car:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-pa ... ce-167370/

I'm getting my car(P250 R-Dynamic SE) within the next weeks and i really hate such systems, so i really appreciate any feedback on this.
I already asked my dealer and they told me, that it's not possible to disable the Start/Stop System by just disabling it via software setting.... :x

Cheers, Chris
RR Velar R-Dynamic P250 SE Corris grey

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Even worse thatbin eco you have to press it twice to turn it off.
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass. Now sold. currently a D5 owner who still misses his Velar

Previous R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected

KIZZYP

Post by KIZZYP » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:19 pm

How do you turn it off on a trip by trip basis? , My A8 was a simple button on the dash ..I never got on with stop start and turning it off was the first thing i did following starting the car. Does the velar system require menus and sub menus to deactivate ???
D275 R DYNAMIC SE BYRON BLUE , ACORN LEATHER , SATIN BLONDE VENEER, 21" GLOSS BLACK WHEELS , OPEN PAN ROOF, LED LIGHTING , 360 CAMERA , ON/OFF ROAD PACK. PRIVACY GLASS. SPARE WHEEL.

97 DEFENDER 90
57 FIESTA 1.25 ZETEC
59 CORSA 1.0 ACTIVE

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:08 am

KIZZYP wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:19 pm
How do you turn it off on a trip by trip basis? , My A8 was a simple button on the dash ..I never got on with stop start and turning it off was the first thing i did following starting the car. Does the velar system require menus and sub menus to deactivate ???
There is a button on the vehicle tab on the lower screen.
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 20C

Jason B

Post by Jason B » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:54 am

IF we find out how to buy what we need we could do this ourselves with a laptop and software.

tyrrell

Post by tyrrell » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:16 am

It’s going to be the first thing I do when I get mine, is find the connection and pull the plug :D
March 2019: MY19.5 R-Dynamic D300 SE, Fuji White, R- Dynamic Black Pack, Light Oyster/Ebony, Light Oyster Morzine
Headlining, Extended Leather Upgrade, Style 1033 Gloss Black 10 Spoke Alloy Wheels, Rear Seat Remote Release Levers. F & R Mud Flaps.

Andy-v

Post by Andy-v » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:04 am

I know this thread is pretty old, but Does anyone know how to remove the quarter panel to get to the VQM in a Velar? The other models have an easy access panel, but not the Velar. I cannot wait to disable this feature. Absolutely useless. It's not even well designed. The slightest pressure decrease on the brake pedal causes the engine to start, even after a couple of seconds of it turning off. So, you'll have to very very careful with your food pressing on the break!!!

I found out that the Workshop Manual. Loadspace Side Trim Panel (501-05) has the directions. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Agrad

Post by Agrad » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:00 pm

For me, it is disabled by clicking the icon and then does not turn on. I don't remember how it turned out, maybe after ecu tuning the engine on my Velar P250!

cazy

Post by cazy » Mon May 03, 2021 10:07 am

Agrad wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:00 pm
For me, it is disabled by clicking the icon and then does not turn on. I don't remember how it turned out, maybe after ecu tuning the engine on my Velar P250!
Same for me, I disabled it by tinkering with the start-stop icon the first day and it's been off ever since. It does turn on after I bring the car in to get it serviced each year but once I click the start-stop icon, it turns the feature off and stays that way for good. I always tell the dealer they better not play around with that, I want it to stay that way...
2018 Velar P380 S Narvik Black/Ebony with extras