Range Rover Velar Forum banner

So, what did you do with your Velar today ?

84K views 262 replies 53 participants last post by  zmanrx350 
#1 ·
#153 ·
Checked adblu.
It needs topping up so off to Halfords..

#155 ·
Nothing today. Drove the wife's fiat 500.

#156 ·
Drove it to the dealer to have their vendors install three aftermarket items.1) Xpel clear film, 2) Interior textile fabric stain protection, 3) PVD chrome coating the 20" wheels. I also asked the dealer to update my Infotainment software to 18D. He said they cannot simply update the software without an issue being reported. :(

#160 ·
TheChallinor said:
Yes - really impressed with the low-end torque.

I've never owned a diesel and I came from an Audi TTS so wasn't too sure what to expect. I test drove a D240 and can't really 'feel' the difference although I'm sure there is. It's a whole different way to drive compared to the Audi. Much more 'relaxed' and I must say, very enjoyable, so far.

#161 ·
mustremembermylogin said:
TheChallinor said:
Yes - really impressed with the low-end torque.

I've never owned a diesel and I came from an Audi TTS so wasn't too sure what to expect. I test drove a D240 and can't really 'feel' the difference although I'm sure there is. It's a whole different way to drive compared to the Audi. Much more 'relaxed' and I must say, very enjoyable, so far.
I think the same as you, I was very impressed with the performance and I'm coming from an S3. Although I've been in a A1 diesel for a few months now though [emoji23]

#162 ·
Not strictly today but yesterday, went to the supermarket and ended up taking a 15 mile detour on the way home just for the sheer pleasure of driving the car. Such a great car to drive and lovely environment to be in.

Better than that, the app has now started showing journeys again, and even downloaded all journeys between 7 December (when it stopped working) and yesterday, so they obviously get stored somewhere. But I've no idea why it suddenly started working again, I didn't change any settings on the car or update the app. Am however glad it did start working again!

#163 ·
Wolfie said:
Not strictly today but yesterday, went to the supermarket and ended up taking a 15 mile detour on the way home just for the sheer pleasure of driving the car. Such a great car to drive and lovely environment to be in.

Better than that, the app has now started showing journeys again, and even downloaded all journeys between 7 December (when it stopped working) and yesterday, so they obviously get stored somewhere. But I've no idea why it suddenly started working again, I didn't change any settings on the car or update the app. Am however glad it did start working again!
That's good to hear as a run my own business and although right now I use a app to track mileage I was hoping to make use of this feature.

#164 ·
House move. So car is full of crap...again

#165 ·
Had Xpel clear film applied. They will finish the install on Monday. Then off to PVD chrome coat the 20" wheels.

#169 ·
Costa and back - the great adventure :)

When it stops raining it will be washed, clay barred and waxed

#170 ·
Had interior Kvadrat textile fabric protection spray applied today

#173 ·
Cleaned my daughter's sick from the back seat!!! Thankfully had invested in a couple of cheap ebay seat protectors - one for under her car seat and the other for the back of the driver's seat. These took most of the hit (and were binned), unfortunately the footwell mat took the rest.

Top tip for anyone in the same situation - standard LR carpet mats do not do well in the washing machine! The carpet bit of the mat washed well, but the rubber backing permanently loses all rigidness.

I treated a small bit of the actual car carpet with bicarbonate of soda - firstly, left the powder on for a day and hoovered up, then followed his up by spraying the area with a mix of BoS and water - once this dries it turns to powder and can be hoovered up. Amazingly, no smell following the incident!!!

#174 ·
Vendor picked up my 20" wheels to be PVD chrome coated. The process should take 3-weeks to complete.

#175 ·
Dani80 said:
Cleaned my daughter's sick from the back seat!!! Thankfully had invested in a couple of cheap ebay seat protectors - one for under her car seat and the other for the back of the driver's seat. These took most of the hit (and were binned), unfortunately the footwell mat took the rest.

Top tip for anyone in the same situation - standard LR carpet mats do not do well in the washing machine! The carpet bit of the mat washed well, but the rubber backing permanently loses all rigidness.

I treated a small bit of the actual car carpet with bicarbonate of soda - firstly, left the powder on for a day and hoovered up, then followed his up by spraying the area with a mix of BoS and water - once this dries it turns to powder and can be hoovered up. Amazingly, no smell following the incident!!!
Solution: don't let small children in car!!!!! lol

#176 ·
Had the software updated on the instrument cluster, climate module and main system

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.