The Race is On

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Jim55

Re: The Race is On

Post by Jim55 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:44 pm

My order confirmation from Shukers Ludlow has an order number, but I suspect it is their internal reference, not a general JLR number.
On order, due December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

Superfly

Post by Superfly » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:18 pm

saqibm wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:29 pm
Superfly wrote: My Stratstone vehicle order form has a customer order number on it. I’m assuming that is just stratstones internal number
Really? Is this the vehicle order form that you had to sign and give/send back? Or a confirmation that they sent after?

I’ve only got a copy of the form that I had to sign and send back and that has an “Order ID” number on it, which is just EM0 so I’m assuming a placeholder.

I received nothing back after this apart from my deposit receipt which has a customer number on it but no Order number. Hmmmmm....

I had to sign this in the dealership and nothing else received, other than gap email. Saying that. I placed my order in 4th October but it didn’t get uploaded to JLR until 8th as they were waiting for a new deal to start after messing up my September order, which was cancelled by them! I only found out two weeks ago that they have a provisional build date of mid Feb, delivery mid March

Superfly

Post by Superfly » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Both my old (cancelled order) and new customer order numbers are the same! Six digit number starting with a 3

Pmac13

Post by Pmac13 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:19 pm

TheBigA wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:03 pm
Pmac13 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:38 pm
Heard today that our build date is tomorrow! Should be with us before Christmas. Very happy to have an extra Christmas present :D
Hi Pmac13, when did you place your order?
23rd of October, not on the Stratstone deal so maybe my dealer pulled in some favours after we said we needed it as soon as possible!
D180 S, Firenze Red, Park Pack, Acorn leather.

mustremembermylogin

Post by mustremembermylogin » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 pm

saqibm wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:44 pm
Has anyone who has ordered but either waiting for a build date or waiting for their build received a "Common Order Number" for their order?

Going back through the few docs I've got and I don't have this which makes me think I'm missing some documentation. If anyone does have one could you share which document it was that contained it?

(Was speaking to JLR Customer Services and they asked me for it...)

Thanks!
Hello to my fellow Aylesbury orderer!

When I went in to order I came away with a folder containing a 'Vehicle Order Form' (4 pages) and a finance quote (1 page)

Last week after asking, they sent me (by email) a 4 page 'Order Details' which lists the entire spec. This also has an order number (8 digits beginning with 14) and date details of the Last Amendment Possible, Build Date, Accepted and Planned Handover.

I contacted JLR customer services earlier using that order number and they confirmed the details....
On Order: D180 R-Dynamic SE, Corris Grey with Black Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Cooled Seats, 5 Year Service Pack. Ordered 16th October 2018, Build date 21st December 2018, Handover date 23rd January 2019.

saqibm

Post by saqibm » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 pm

mustremembermylogin wrote:
Hello to my fellow Aylesbury orderer!

When I went in to order I came away with a folder containing a 'Vehicle Order Form' (4 pages) and a finance quote (1 page)

Last week after asking, they sent me (by email) a 4 page 'Order Details' which lists the entire spec. This also has an order number (8 digits beginning with 14) and date details of the Last Amendment Possible, Build Date, Accepted and Planned Handover.

I contacted JLR customer services earlier using that order number and they confirmed the details....
Hello again sir!

Yes I think it’s that “Order Details” form which I’m missing, I was just given a build date verbally over the phone. Will be nice to get some more formalised docs, with all the dates, spec and order numbers - think I’ll be on the blower to Mr Neil Day tomorrow!

Thanks!

mustremembermylogin

Post by mustremembermylogin » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:12 pm

saqibm wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 pm
Hello again sir!

Yes I think it’s that “Order Details” form which I’m missing, I was just given a build date verbally over the phone. Will be nice to get some more formalised docs, with all the dates, spec and order numbers - think I’ll be on the blower to Mr Neil Day tomorrow!

Thanks!
No problem and let us know how you get on!

It was good to 'touch base' with JLR customer service. Nice to know it's in the system. Did mention I hadn't received a Welcome Pack so we'll see what happens :D
On Order: D180 R-Dynamic SE, Corris Grey with Black Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Cooled Seats, 5 Year Service Pack. Ordered 16th October 2018, Build date 21st December 2018, Handover date 23rd January 2019.

zmanrx350

Post by zmanrx350 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 pm

zmanrx350 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:24 am
zmanrx350 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:42 pm
zmanrx350 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Here is the copy of the PDF order form section where the specific dates are noted. I asked the dealer to send me and full PDF on the order they placed to the factory on my Velar. I wanted to make sure of the dates and all of the options ordered were accurate.
Land Rover Velar_Dates.PNG
I heard back from my LR dealer yesterday, and he confirmed my Velar "is on the water". So my delivery date should be first/second week of December. By the way, my salesperson is also the person who orders cars for the dealership. So, I receiving the info from a pretty reliable source.
Update from my dealer today. Expected in-hand delivery date is December 7th (fingers crossed)
Well, crossing my fingers being crossed did not help. Today the dealer told me it should arrive at port this week. So I'm guessing I'll see it sometime mid-week next week. Again....fingers crossed
On Order:MY2019,P380 R-Dynamic HSE,Firenze Red,Textile Wool
seats-Ebony/Light Oyster,20-way seats w/ massage,Convenience Pk, Driver Assist Pk,1600Watt Meridian sound,Active differential,R-Dynamic Black Pack,HUD display,Climate Pk,On/Off Road Pk

lawly74

Post by lawly74 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:45 am

Got my registration number this morning, going in to sort paperwork on Thursday to speed up the handover first thing Saturday 15th. It feels like I've waited forever and i'm sure it will have been worth the wait. Have to say Stratstone Aylesbury have been fantastic throughout.
MY19.5 Velar R Dynamic SE D180, FUJI WHITE, contrast black roof, full black leather, black pack, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, adaptive dynamics, tracker, service pack :D

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Do I need to chill out?

Ordered 30/10

No order conf or provisional order for 3 weeks despite numerous chasers before receiving it

Then spoke to dealership a week last Monday and asked if things are moving along. They weren’t and order still in the holding pool.

I expressed concern about a March/April handover due to other leadtimes quoted on the forum and was told not to worry.

Chased again this Monday for an update. No reply.

So, from 30th October placing the order I’ve had nothing other than a provisional vehicle order form and a gap email. No welcome pack, no updates, nothing in the post.

Don’t want to keep pestering dealership if I have nothing to worry about, but it would just be good to have some convincing assurance along the way, rather than to keep feeling like an inconvenience for chasing for updates.
On order (Stratstone deal)
R-Dynamic SE D180
Byron Blue
Eclipse leather / Ebony suedecloth interior
Privacy Glass
360 Cam
Narvik contrast roof
Fixed Pan Glass roof
Model & Engine badge deletion
5 year service pack
:D :D :D

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”