The Race is On

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Halifaxian

Re: The Race is On

Post by Halifaxian » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:55 pm

It really is a bargain, an expensive one but still a bargain !
Dynamic SE 180
Silicon Silver
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Acorn
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

Halifaxian

Post by Halifaxian » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Strange as it may seem I phoned JLR customer services , got through straight away and was pleasantly surprised at how helpful they were. I enquired about my order, they had me on file but no build date etc so they logged a case number.....low and behold I got " the" call today that my build date has been allocated approx 2 hours after I phoned JLR ! However when I look at the order config form it does show that it was produced at 10am today so just a coincidence .....no conspiracy theory here !!
Dynamic SE 180
Silicon Silver
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Acorn
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

mustremembermylogin

Post by mustremembermylogin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Halifaxian wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:55 pm
It really is a bargain, an expensive one but still a bargain !
It's only money :D

It really is a great deal especially after seeing the latest Q1 offer :o
Halifaxian wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm
Strange as it may seem I phoned JLR customer services , got through straight away and was pleasantly surprised at how helpful they were. I enquired about my order, they had me on file but no build date etc so they logged a case number.....low and behold I got " the" call today that my build date has been allocated approx 2 hours after I phoned JLR ! However when I look at the order config form it does show that it was produced at 10am today so just a coincidence .....no conspiracy theory here !!
I had a few conversations with JLR customer services and was very impressed with them. Saved chasing the dealer who was a little poor in communication....
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey with Black Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Cooled Seats, 5 Year Service Pack Ordered 16th October 2018 Build date 21st December 2018 Collected 7th January 2019

Nunp

Post by Nunp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:23 pm

Good news indeed. Salesman is out of the dealership until Tuesday so will not have an answer before then. Then again response is slow so might try JLR customer services considering the positive feedback. To be fair I’m happy for the build to be delayed as lease car does not go back until May. Assuming that if stratstone stoke have some build slots the same should be said for other stratstone dealers?
D180 R-Dynamic SE in Corris Grey, 21 10 Spoke Satin Grey alloys, Privacy glass, Ebony grained leather, Fixed panoramic sunroof, Smartphone pack, No Roof Rails, No Derivative and/or Engine Badge

Halifaxian

Post by Halifaxian » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Btw my build sheet for a 19.5my states no android auto and no Apple car ......not that I'd use them.
Dynamic SE 180
Silicon Silver
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Acorn
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

Nunp

Post by Nunp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:52 pm

Curious to see what updates 19.5 brings. On a separate note if you look to order a car on coast to coast cars or uknewcars it lists apple car play and android auto as no cost standard options but there is no mention of this in the brochure. Hopefully the Velar will come with this activated as I use the text message functionality quite a bit and Spotify. Suspect google maps may need to be used occasionally considering the nav is probably under par.
D180 R-Dynamic SE in Corris Grey, 21 10 Spoke Satin Grey alloys, Privacy glass, Ebony grained leather, Fixed panoramic sunroof, Smartphone pack, No Roof Rails, No Derivative and/or Engine Badge

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:48 pm

Just reading through the past couple of days messages on this topic, I’m really pleased that you all seem to be finally getting some movement on your orders ... I was lucky to get my Velar in December and everyday I still pinch myself when I get in it . I’m sure you’ve all seen the current Stratstone deal ..we really are lucky to get the deal we got. There’s no way mrs D would have given an 8 grand deposit the green light .
On a side note my MY19 didn’t come with ACP but got it fitted within a week as a software upgrade for free, I’m getting to grips with it now . Ive got ACP in my ford kuga and don’t use it as it overrides the Ford system . In the Velar you can use it solely or , like I’m doing, playing music through ACP then i can revert back to the velar home screen or nav etc. I’m liking the flexibility in flipping between the two .......
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

TheChallinor

Post by TheChallinor » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:30 am

VERY pleased to confirm had a call today and my estimated delivery date is the 6th of April but this could be brought forward into March! Ordered 2nd of November, Stratstone Stoke On Trent.
D180 R Dynamic SE in Fuji White with:
Oyster perforated leather interior
Ambient lighting
Driver assist pack
Heated steering wheel
Black roof
Privacy glass
No roof bars
No rear spec badges

Clairedieselbear

Post by Clairedieselbear » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 am

Finally got my build date ! 8th March build, 3rd April delivery 🤞🏻 ordered 21st October stratstone stoke... thought I would never see confirmation 😆
D180 Dynamic SE, Narvik Black, Black Wheels, Black Pack, Black Privacy Glass, Black Interior :lol:

tyrrell

Post by tyrrell » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 am

Ordered my D300SE on 3/11/2018 was told yesterday dealer is exspecting it on the 22/3/2019
March 2019: MY19.5 R-Dynamic D300 SE, Fuji White, R- Dynamic Black Pack, Light Oyster/Ebony, Light Oyster Morzine
Headlining, Extended Leather Upgrade, Style 1033 Gloss Black 10 Spoke Alloy Wheels, Rear Seat Remote Release Levers. F & R Mud Flaps.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”