Range Rover Velar Forum banner

The Race is On

119K views 419 replies 60 participants last post by  Marto27 
#1 ·
A page dedicated to recent orders and who gets out of the holding pool first, build date etc

Bit of fun

Mine was ordered 30th October - Stratstone Stoke

GAP email last night!

#4 ·
New to the forum! Ordered on 13th Oct... no news yet! I've been managed to expect the new year...

#5 ·
Looks like I'll be back of the queue with only ordering last week. I thought they were struggling for sales but maybe the latest offers have sorted that out.

#12 ·
Ordered 1st of November from Stratstone Stoke On Trent, Gap and finance email on the 2nd of November.

Been told that allocation is sold for this year and in the next month they will get their allocation for next year and give me a build date.

#13 ·
TheChallinor said:
gazb84 said:
A page dedicated to recent orders and who gets out of the holding pool first, build date etc

Bit of fun

GAP email last night!
You local to Stoke?
No not local at all. Just the closest Stratstone franchise to me (Manchester) and the cheapest deal by far.

Whether I regret buying from further afield I hope I never do, I've been told my local Farnell franchise will handle all warranty and service plan work so I don't need to worry!

#14 ·
TheChallinor said:
Ordered 1st of November from Stratstone Stoke On Trent, Gap and finance email on the 2nd of November.

Been told that allocation is sold for this year and in the next month they will get their allocation for next year and give me a build date.
I've liferally had nothing formal in writing. No vehicle offer form. Only monthly payment and spec confirmed in an email. Deposit taken but no paperwork yet. I've asked numerous times for sale price of vehicle but never been forthcoming with it. All I know is they are the cheapest for monthly pcp so not massively concerned.

I'm sure I should have something at this point but been told not whilst vehicle is on holding pool.

#16 ·
gazb84 said:
TheChallinor said:
gazb84 said:

Bit of fun

GAP email last night!
You local to Stoke?
No not local at all. Just the closest Stratstone franchise to me (Manchester) and the cheapest deal by far.

Whether I regret buying from further afield I hope I never do, I've been told my local Farnell franchise will handle all warranty and service plan work so I don't need to worry!
You won't mate, once it's purchased and as long as the collection goes all ok you will be fine.

Got my wife a A1 from Doncaster Audi once and the tyre was damaged so had a bit of mither getting that sorted as didn't want to take it back - got the tyre repaired before we collected without us knowing and sent a cheque for a new tyre afterwards.

#17 ·
gazb84 said:
TheChallinor said:

I've liferally had nothing formal in writing. No vehicle offer form. Only monthly payment and spec confirmed in an email. Deposit taken but no paperwork yet. I've asked numerous times for sale price of vehicle but never been forthcoming with it. All I know is they are the cheapest for monthly pcp so not massively concerned.

I'm sure I should have something at this point but been told not whilst vehicle is on holding pool.
Was this Stratstone?

They were a little bit funny with me on paperwork, initial girl I spoke with on the Sunday sent through via email and printed off the vehicle offer forms.

When I went to order on the following Friday sales guy didn't give me that and when I question I was told they are for internal use only and I shouldn't have had that.

They said it's their process, etc. I do however have a vehicle order form which outlines spec etc.

I think the finalised finance docs are just issued closer to the time, nothing to worry about.

#18 ·
TheChallinor said:
gazb84 said:
TheChallinor said:

Was this Stratstone?

They were a little bit funny with me on paperwork, initial girl I spoke with on the Sunday sent through via email and printed off the vehicle offer forms.

When I went to order on the following Friday sales guy didn't give me that and when I question I was told they are for internal use only and I shouldn't have had that.

They said it's their process, etc. I do however have a vehicle order form which outlines spec etc.

I think the finalised finance docs are just issued closer to the time, nothing to worry about.
Personally I think Stratstones are being very coy about the paperwork as they are no doubt being able to avoid the big discounts on retail price and are making the savings on monthly pcp with a higher GMFV and lower interest rate. What they lose in interest they are probably making up for with LR by carrying a higher sales price.

I am not naïve to that being the case, but it does appear that are deliberately holding back on the finer details at times.

#19 ·
I love this thread lol.

Ordered mine on Monday (5th November) from Stratstone Aylesbury. Had the order confirmed today and have received a form outlining the spec of the car and options, and another giving details of the pricing/discounts/payments etc. I'm guessing that's all there is for now or should I receive anything else?

Dealer called me this morning letting me know everything was confirmed and that the order was in the "holding pool". His estimate was 2-3 weeks before getting a build date - most likely early Feb. I'm guessing I've probably got the longest to wait right now on this forum!

On another note, he confirmed the smartphone pack option is on his system but not select-able right now and no price available for it (he suspected around £200). He said as long as it's activate on the system by Jan they can install it at the dealer before handover (assuming I pay for it).

#20 ·
gazb84 said:
TheChallinor said:
gazb84 said:

Was this Stratstone?

Personally I think Stratstones are being very coy about the paperwork as they are no doubt being able to avoid the big discounts on retail price and are making the savings on monthly pcp with a higher GMFV and lower interest rate. What they lose in interest they are probably making up for with LR by carrying a higher sales price.

I am not naïve to that being the case, but it does appear that are deliberately holding back on the finer details at times.
I've had everything I need and I think if I hadn't had the vehicle offer sheet ( given by mistake ) I wouldn't have missed it. Just found it odd getting finance details via email and not a official document on PDF but have been told this will come when the finance kicks in etc.

#21 ·
Excellent thread - our own tiny corner of the WWW where we can experience the highs and lows of car buying :D

As I've mentioned on other threads, I ordered (from Stratstone Aylesbury) on the 16th October and received a build date of 18th January (2019 i'm assuming!)

I've had nothing via email apart from sporadic replies to questions. No GAP email but I made it very clear that I wouldn't be buying this from LR when having the hard sell...

#22 ·
saqibm said:
I love this thread lol.

Ordered mine on Monday (5th November) from Stratstone Aylesbury. Had the order confirmed today and have received a form outlining the spec of the car and options, and another giving details of the pricing/discounts/payments etc. I'm guessing that's all there is for now or should I receive anything else?

Dealer called me this morning letting me know everything was confirmed and that the order was in the "holding pool". His estimate was 2-3 weeks before getting a build date - most likely early Feb. I'm guessing I've probably got the longest to wait right now on this forum!

On another note, he confirmed the smartphone pack option is on his system but not select-able right now and no price available for it (he suspected around £200). He said as long as it's activate on the system by Jan they can install it at the dealer before handover (assuming I pay for it).
You've got a lot more than me so far and my order was placed 30/10. Nothing formal whatsoever yet!

#23 ·
gazb84 said:
You've got a lot more than me so far and my order was placed 30/10. Nothing formal whatsoever yet!
Oh dear - even by email? Everything I've received so far has been by email.

Who are you dealing with? I've been dealing with Neil Day - he's actually been really good, easy to get in contact with and very responsive. When I first spoke to him I told him I had been trying to order through Mayfair and how shocking and uncaring they were and he's been great since.

#24 ·
saqibm said:
gazb84 said:

Who are you dealing with? I've been dealing with Neil Day - he's actually been really good, easy to get in contact with and very responsive. When I first spoke to him I told him I had been trying to order through Mayfair and how shocking and uncaring they were and he's been great since.
I've been dealing with Andy Oames in Stoke. Great guy and straight talking so no messing around. I've messed around with colour choice but I won't be the first to do that. I just feel I am lacking any kind of formal documentation as only bad calls and email exchanges so far. I just can't help but feel that whoever I have spoken to at any of the dealerships I've been in touch with is their attitude is very much them doing you a favour rather than you doing them one and buying a car from them!

#25 ·
gazb84 said:
saqibm said:
gazb84 said:

I've been dealing with Andy Oames in Stoke. Great guy and straight talking so no messing around. I've messed around with colour choice but I won't be the first to do that. I just feel I am lacking any kind of formal documentation as only bad calls and email exchanges so far. I just can't help but feel that whoever I have spoken to at any of the dealerships I've been in touch with is their attitude is very much them doing you a favour rather than you doing them one and buying a car from them!
I've ordered from Stoke as said above and received formal documentation. I'm dealing with the sales guy Gary Twigg and business manager Frank Charnock.

#26 ·
TheChallinor said:
gazb84 said:
saqibm said:

I've ordered from Stoke as said above and received formal documentation. I'm dealing with the sales guy Gary Twigg and business manager Frank Charnock.
I've had a call from Frank regarding the PCP side but I'm being told whilst vehicle is in Holding pool then no docs issued. Makes no sense to me I would like to think I get a copy of some sort of order form even just recognising deposit paid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.