The Race is On

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
LewiJ

Re: The Race is On

Post by LewiJ » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:59 pm

I picked up car today from Stratstone and absolutely love it. Firstly The D180 is more than adequate for anyone concerned over power - I’ve come from an E350 merc and whilst it’s certainly not as quick as that, it’s plenty fast enough, especially the low end torque and easily cruises at 70 (+VAT 😉)

Secondly, my dealer said any orders placed in November were expected in March and he did not expect it to be later than that. So hopefully a bit of hope for you all on here
D180 R-Dynamic SE
Narvik Black
Ebony / Ebony interior - leather
Pano Roof
Privacy Glass
Adaptive Dynamics
20" 1032 Wheels

saqibm

Post by saqibm » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:29 pm

LewiJ wrote:Secondly, my dealer said any orders placed in November were expected in March and he did not expect it to be later than that. So hopefully a bit of hope for you all on here
Sounds about right. I’ve been given a March build date for my November order.

Congrats on the car!

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:32 pm

LewiJ wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:59 pm
I picked up car today from Stratstone and absolutely love it. Firstly The D180 is more than adequate for anyone concerned over power
Ageeed. Unless you regularly tow heavy loads or have a lead foot. 180 is fine, and cheap to run.
R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22&20” black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting, remote seat release,heated steering wheel

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:08 am

TheChallinor wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:13 pm
gazb84 wrote:Reading more posts about April delivery for end of October orders worries me. My dealership in Stoke seem really laid back about the fact that my car is still in the holding pool despite me making it clear I need car by end of April latest. Going to be an interesting few weeks to see if things develop.
Yer Stoke are very laid back, sales guy ain’t Gary Trigg is it?
Andy Oames is my sales guy. Every time I chase up they are busy. Ordered 30/10 but car still in holding pool despite November orders getting March build dates already . I just hope they don’t let me down and fail for a March / April delivery date. My car goes back end of April with no option to extend and I need a car by then at latest otherwise I am reluctantly going back to the drawing board.
On order (Stratstone deal)
R-Dynamic SE D180
Byron Blue
Eclipse leather / Ebony suedecloth interior
Privacy Glass
360 Cam
Narvik contrast roof
Fixed Pan Glass roof
Model & Engine badge deletion
5 year service pack
:D :D :D

Superfly

Post by Superfly » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:01 am

gazb84 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:08 am
TheChallinor wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:13 pm
gazb84 wrote:Reading more posts about April delivery for end of October orders worries me. My dealership in Stoke seem really laid back about the fact that my car is still in the holding pool despite me making it clear I need car by end of April latest. Going to be an interesting few weeks to see if things develop.
Yer Stoke are very laid back, sales guy ain’t Gary Trigg is it?
Andy Oames is my sales guy. Every time I chase up they are busy. Ordered 30/10 but car still in holding pool despite November orders getting March build dates already . I just hope they don’t let me down and fail for a March / April delivery date. My car goes back end of April with no option to extend and I need a car by then at latest otherwise I am reluctantly going back to the drawing board.
I’m 8th October and been told mid Feb build for mid March delivery

mustremembermylogin

Post by mustremembermylogin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:18 am

Would speaking to JLR customer services help / provide more information?
On Order: D180 R-Dynamic SE, Corris Grey with Black Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Cooled Seats, 5 Year Service Pack. Ordered 16th October 2018, Build date 21st December 2018, Handover date 23rd January 2019.

Steve_P

Post by Steve_P » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:57 pm

Surprisingly, as many of you will have read, my car was ordered in June for 29th September delivery. Was delayed. Then delayed again. And again. On the 9th of November I placed the dealer on notice - supply or I would cancel the order. 2 weeks later - build date was showing 20th December. So I cancelled the order, which the dealer accepted. On Tuesday this week (!!!!) the dealer rang me to say - uh, your car has just been delivered. Are you still interested?

The problem for them is that it's specced according to MY desires so they are concerned they'll have an issue selling it. Either way, good news for me, they have improved their previous offer, agreed to keep the amount they will offer for my traded in X4 3.0d and will also not charge for delivery... good result for me.

Unfortunately I'm currently in Istanbul so won't be able to pick it up until around the 18th ;)

musky3415

Post by musky3415 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi

New to the forum, and seduced after been handed over a D180 S for a two and half hour unsupervised test drive with Guy Salmon Sheffield yesterday. The other half was originally thinking about an Evoque but completely fell in love with Velar and dealer cut us a great deal

On order:
R-Dynamic SE D180
Corris Grey
Light Oyster leather / Ebony suedecloth interior
Privacy Glass
20" 7 spoke alloy wheels with gloss black finish
Gloss Black Veneer
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
10 way electric adjustable front seats with heated front and rear seats, driver memory, rear power recline and rear centre arm rest with cupholders
Narvik contrast roof
Fixed Pan Glass roof
Reduced section alloy spare wheel
Loadspace tray liner

Estimated Handover 12/3/2019

TheBigA

Post by TheBigA » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi guys,

Just wondering how many people had their cars delivered earlier than expected? Westover Salisbury are fairly confident that my April delivery date will be brought forward. I know there are a lot of you that have had delays recently but i’m Keeping my fingers crossed for an earlier slot.

Thanks!!
On Order:
R Dynamic SE D300.
Silicon Silver
22” Style 9007 wheels
Off road pack
Fixed pano roof
Privacy glass
Illuminated door plates
Extended leather
Light oyster interior
Configurable lighting
Heated steering wheel
Convenience pack

Matty

Post by Matty » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Mine was delayed by two weeks, but then turned up a week earlier than the original date (if that makes sense).
R-Dynamic SE
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”