The Race is On

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
mustremembermylogin

Re: The Race is On

Post by mustremembermylogin » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:20 am

Just had a call from Aylesbury to tell me that mine is built and will be with them in 7-10 days.

Got to choose the registration number which is a nice touch!
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey with Black Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Cooled Seats, 5 Year Service Pack Ordered 16th October 2018 Build date 21st December 2018 Collected 7th January 2019

saqibm

Post by saqibm » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:28 am

mustremembermylogin wrote:Just had a call from Aylesbury to tell me that mine is built and will be with them in 7-10 days.

Got to choose the registration number which is a nice touch!
Exciting! Hope it all goes smoothly. Let us know what Aylesbury are like with the handover and the quality of the car.

mustremembermylogin

Post by mustremembermylogin » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:39 am

saqibm wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:28 am

Exciting! Hope it all goes smoothly. Let us know what Aylesbury are like with the handover and the quality of the car.
Very excited - really was unsure if it was going to come off.

Have you had any updates for yours?
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey with Black Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Cooled Seats, 5 Year Service Pack Ordered 16th October 2018 Build date 21st December 2018 Collected 7th January 2019

saqibm

Post by saqibm » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:23 pm

mustremembermylogin wrote:
saqibm wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:28 am

Very excited - really was unsure if it was going to come off.

Have you had any updates for yours?
Nope - just that the build date is now 15th March (confirmed by JLR customer services). Just waiting game now I guess!

I’m thinking about adding extended leather though to get the matching steering wheel - do you think I’ve still got time for amendments? Must do right?

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Spoke to Stratstones on a Christmas Eve and they said whilst there are no guarantees in the sales guys opinion an April delivery may still be achievable but there were no guarantees.

Due to my fairly rigid maximum lead time I could allow of end of April and other dealerships advising me of a 16 week delivery time as a minimum if I ordered now, after lots of deliberating at home I have decided to cancel my Velar order and go with the Discover Sport Landmark, with a fairly extensive options list compared to my Velar spec.

I know it won’t have the spark of the Velar, but I had to take a number of factors into consideration overall and felt this was the best option to give me the certainty of a car by April which I’m told won’t be a problem for the Disco Sport.

I will no longer be a Velar owner in the making but it’s not a bad second choice after all.

Bottom line is Stratstone have never had so many cars sitting in their holding pool and there are no guarantees or certainty as to when their order book will progress at this stage.
CANCELLED ORDER (Stratstone deal)
R-Dynamic SE D180

New Order
Disco sport Landmark
Corris Grey
Service pack + lots of toys

:D :D :D

mustremembermylogin

Post by mustremembermylogin » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:28 pm

saqibm wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:23 pm
Nope - just that the build date is now 15th March (confirmed by JLR customer services). Just waiting game now I guess!

I’m thinking about adding extended leather though to get the matching steering wheel - do you think I’ve still got time for amendments? Must do right?
Good news - at least you've got a date! From reading on here, quite a few people are still in the holding pool and currently dateless.

I would have thought you've got time to amend specifications. Do you have your 'last amendable date'? It might be worth speaking to Aylesbury to check as JLR customer services told me earlier that due to their 'production facility' being shut until 3rd January, they couldn't provide me with any updates (I messaged them to see if my car was built)

I then got the call from Aylesbury to give me the good news about 2 minutes later!

saqibm

Post by saqibm » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:30 pm

gazb84 wrote:Spoke to Stratstones on a Christmas Eve and they said whilst there are no guarantees in the sales guys opinion an April delivery may still be achievable but there were no guarantees.

Due to my fairly rigid maximum lead time I could allow of end of April and other dealerships advising me of a 16 week delivery time as a minimum if I ordered now, after lots of deliberating at home I have decided to cancel my Velar order and go with the Discover Sport Landmark, with a fairly extensive options list compared to my Velar spec.

I know it won’t have the spark of the Velar, but I had to take a number of factors into consideration overall and felt this was the best option to give me the certainty of a car by April which I’m told won’t be a problem for the Disco Sport.

I will no longer be a Velar owner in the making but it’s not a bad second choice after all.

Bottom line is Stratstone have never had so many cars sitting in their holding pool and there are no guarantees or certainty as to when their order book will progress at this stage.
Sorry to hear it’s come to that mate. I can imagine how gutting it would be to plan for a car and wait for it to then fall through. Similar thing happened to me when I was a bit younger and had ordered a civic type r. Had even bought some parts for it as well before it fell through - was devastated.

I’m still holding my breath a little on this order as well but praying it comes through.

Did you get a good deal on your disco?

mustremembermylogin

Post by mustremembermylogin » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:37 pm

gazb84 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:28 pm
Spoke to Stratstones on a Christmas Eve and they said whilst there are no guarantees in the sales guys opinion an April delivery may still be achievable but there were no guarantees.

Sorry to hear this. I can so see why you've needed to do this.

It's such a shame that they don't seem to able to cope with demand.

Do let us know how your order process goes. It would be very interesting to compare!

Halifaxian

Post by Halifaxian » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:17 pm

I'm going off white !!!
Dynamic SE 180
Fuji White
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Dark Ash panels
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

Puppeteer UK

Post by Puppeteer UK » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:31 pm

I ordered my Velar in early November from Stratstone Aylesbury and I still don’t have a build date.

Surely they know how many cars they can make a day and how many people are waiting so should be able schedule things quickly.

It is very frustrating :evil: :evil: :evil:
Range Rover Velar D180 SE R-Dy
Silicon Silver, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Light Oyster Interior,
Config Lighting, Detach Tow Bar and a few odds and sods.

ReOrd: 7/11/18 Stratstone Aylesbury
BD: 15/2/19
Deliv: 15/3/19 est / hope sooner.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”