The Race is On

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
gazb84

Re: The Race is On

Post by gazb84 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Puppeteer UK wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:31 pm
I ordered my Velar in early November from Stratstone Aylesbury and I still don’t have a build date.

Surely they know how many cars they can make a day and how many people are waiting so should be able schedule things quickly.

It is very frustrating :evil: :evil: :evil:
There is just no certainty or guarantees around build dates so that was why I took the gamble of taking the Stratstone deal on the Disco sport landmark which expires 31/12. I didn’t want to run the risk of missing the Velar and then going top which for a Disco Sport when I could get a highly spec’d one for £70 less than my Velar deal.
CANCELLED ORDER (Stratstone deal)
R-Dynamic SE D180

New Order
Disco sport Landmark
Corris Grey
Service pack + lots of toys

:D :D :D

TheChallinor

Post by TheChallinor » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:29 pm

Puppeteer UK wrote:I ordered my Velar in early November from Stratstone Aylesbury and I still don’t have a build date.

Surely they know how many cars they can make a day and how many people are waiting so should be able schedule things quickly.

It is very frustrating :evil: :evil: :evil:
Same, ordered the 2nd of November - in the good old waiting pool for build slots.
D180 R Dynamic SE in Fuji White with:
Oyster perforated leather interior
Ambient lighting
Driver assist pack
Heated steering wheel
Black roof
Privacy glass
No roof bars
No rear spec badges

zmanrx350

Post by zmanrx350 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:59 pm

zmanrx350 wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:31 pm
zmanrx350 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:07 am
zmanrx350 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:39 pm

Update....my Velar is still sitting at the Port and should be released "any day". I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully before the new year.
Update....I did not hear from the dealer all week. So, I decided to visit them unannounced to add some pressure eyeball-to-eyeball. My salesman said it was a "hectic day" for him today. He did say that a delivery of new LR's arrived today. He asked me if I wanted to take a walk and look at the new arrivals to see if mine had arrived. Like I would answer anything but 'Yes'. :) Much to our surprise, there she was!!!! I can confirm it's finally in the dealer's lot. It was late, so my salesman is arranging for my PDI for this Saturday. Below find a a few pics with a low-res iPhone. It was evening dark and raining, so poor image quality.
Cropped.jpg
Cropped_2.jpg
Update....the dealer called me yesterday to say my PDI would not be ready until Wed./Thurs. of next week. I was SO disappointed. :evil: My disappointment must have been so obvious in my voice, that he said "he would see what he could do". He called with one hour to closing time and said you can pick it up for a Christmas weekend test drive. :D So, I have my Velar to drive hauling XMAS gifts, then back to the dealer on Wednesday to start the paperwork for him to arrange my three aftermarket option installations. After those, we will finalize the deal and I will own the RRV.
Finally finished, Purchased my RRV yesterday and happy. Now waiting on the dealer to schedule in for service dept to fix a few issues and install my three aftermarket items. Pics will be forthcoming after everything is completed.
MY2019,R-Dynamic HSE P380,Firenze Red,Textile Wool seats-Ebony/Light Oyster,20-way seats w/ massage,Convenience Pk, Driver Assist Pk,1600Watt Meridian sound,Active differential,R-Dynamic Black Pack,HUD display,Climate Pk,On/Off Road Pk,20" wheels

mustremembermylogin

Post by mustremembermylogin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:04 pm

Just had a call from my dealer.

My car has arrived and I'm hopefully picking up Saturday or Monday :D

I still can't quite believe the deal. I really didn't think it was going to happen.

I did ask about ACP and if it could be installed without charge, but I think this unlikely, especially with the deal I've got.

Rather excited now :D
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey with Black Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Cooled Seats, 5 Year Service Pack Ordered 16th October 2018 Build date 21st December 2018 Collected 7th January 2019

Superfly

Post by Superfly » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

So today I rang up to arrange another test drive of the D180 (R Dynamic) as I’m now getting cold feet and wonder if I need the next engine size up.

I was told to be quick as my lock down date is next week, build date mid Feb and delivery by mid March (I knew this). But at least things are progressing :-). Was told if I change my engine, I may retain the same build date if they have enough stock but they cannot confirm an offer as they are waiting for Q1 deals

Stratstone offer
Ordered 8th October

Puppeteer UK

Post by Puppeteer UK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:25 am

I just heard the news that JLR is cutting unto 5000 jobs in the UK, mainly from marketing and admin but will affect factories. I am now wondering whether this is the reason why we have not been receiving building slots. :o
Range Rover Velar D180 SE R-Dy
Silicon Silver, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Light Oyster Interior,
Config Lighting, Detach Tow Bar and a few odds and sods.

ReOrd: 7/11/18 Stratstone Aylesbury
BD: 15/2/19
Deliv: 15/3/19 est / hope sooner.

saqibm

Post by saqibm » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 am

Puppeteer UK - strange that you ordered from Aylesbury on 07/11 and not yet been given a build date. I ordered 2 days before you on the 5th and received a date in December (for March).

Absolutely no idea how these dealers operate, confidence is reducing especially after today's announcement.

Only bit of hope is that people are still taking delivery of new Velars.

Puppeteer UK

Post by Puppeteer UK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:48 am

It has been a while, I spoke to the dealer before Christmas and he said it would be March but I had no confirmation. I will leave it until Monday and then send in the ‘Big Guns’ (My Wife) to batter them into submission.

Those JLR staff must be distraught, with this coming straight after Christmas. It is over 12% of the UK work force. It has been blamed on China slow down (-50 sales) and of course, the Bain of all Brits lives at the moment, Brexit.
Range Rover Velar D180 SE R-Dy
Silicon Silver, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Light Oyster Interior,
Config Lighting, Detach Tow Bar and a few odds and sods.

ReOrd: 7/11/18 Stratstone Aylesbury
BD: 15/2/19
Deliv: 15/3/19 est / hope sooner.

Halifaxian

Post by Halifaxian » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:07 pm

*****BREAKING NEWS******
Just had Stratstone Stoke on the phone my build dates has been confirmed as 8th March. He told me that all 130 Velar orders on the deal have now got build dates. They are currently making calls to all those held in pool and now allocated build dates.
Dynamic SE 180
Fuji White
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Dark Ash panels
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

mustremembermylogin

Post by mustremembermylogin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Great news!

It's well worth the wait.....
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey with Black Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Cooled Seats, 5 Year Service Pack Ordered 16th October 2018 Build date 21st December 2018 Collected 7th January 2019

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”