Black interiors... too dark?

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
CJLondon

Black interiors... too dark?

Post by CJLondon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:37 pm

My car is on order, it’s in the window where I can make changes! I have gone with the Firenze red, black roof and panoramic sliding roof... interior wise, it’s all black! Ebony with black lining and privacy glass - is this going to be a crazy dark place to be? I think I got swung by a dealer car in this colour combo, but under the showroom lights, maybe this makes it lighter? I have light leather in my current car, looks stunning, but does show up new jeans...
On order
P300 R-dynamic HSE Firenze Red with a few bells and whistles...
03 Ford Focus RS
74 Triumph TR6

MikeJL

Re: Black interiors... too dark?

Post by MikeJL » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Eclipse (blue) lightens things up a little, without showing too much dirt, but you should be ok anyway with the pano roof.
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenza Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(

fatmanz

Post by fatmanz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:29 pm

Welcome to the forum CJLondon.

Having a black interior and privacy glass, I find that the front of the car is bright but the rear seats are a little dark for passengers.

The panoramic sunroof definitely brighten's up the whole interior, even with black leather so I don't think you'll have a problem.

Not sure if the white interior would help much but white headlining would probably do a better job of brightening things up even more as Pcheaven says.

The toughened glass and additional mechanisms for the sunroof are very heavy and high up on the car though so, again, there's a different trade off there on performance and handling.
P300, R-Dynamic S, Narvik Black, 21" 1033 Dark Grey, Air Suspension, Extended Leather, toys...

J77

Post by J77 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:48 pm

My interior is all black, with privacy glass and no pano roof, as it’s an R-Dynamic it has the black headliner which I was never really a fan of but it isn’t that bad to be honest and a pleasant place to spend time in as you’ve opted for the pano roof that will do more than enough to brighten the interior up.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

BerksDriver

Post by BerksDriver » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:41 am

Why would you choose a black headlining if white or similar is available ? White/light colour every time for me.

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:29 am

Have an Alacantra black headlining but with pano roof and white/black panel trim, it is a brighter place and plenty of interior design and quality detailing shows up.

Have seen cars with full eclipse/black and black/black and to me this is quite a common interior and with privacy glass can be quite dark. Lot of the piano black interior detailing melts away.

Have you considered the cinnamon brown interior. Will go brilliantly with the Firenze Red exterior and is very premium. Option to white.
2018 D300 Range Rover Velar First Edition
2017 AMG GT-C Coupe
2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe

lawly74

Post by lawly74 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:36 am

i have gone for all black interior too, i originally had the white headlining on order with black full leather seating. this was the interior on the demo car, but on another visit to the dealer they had a new showroom velar which was all black with black headlining and it just felt more of a cocooned space which i loved and without hesitation i switched the headlining to black.
MY19.5 Velar R Dynamic SE D180, FUJI WHITE, contrast black roof, full black leather, black pack, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, adaptive dynamics, tracker, service pack :D

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:45 am

My d5 was black on black everywhere. It was a little dark inside even with a pano roof
My velar is Black on black inside with black roof liner.
It seems much lighter inside than the d5 - I think the pano roof cover let’s through a little more light
R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22 black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting, remote seat release,heated steering wheel

Barachus

Post by Barachus » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:56 am

I have the black on black interior, and I don’t find it too dark, even with the pano screen shut
I think the too dark comments are very exaggerated

CJLondon

Post by CJLondon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:21 am

This is the problem of choice! In Bmw land, it’s black or black... the cars I have seen in the dealer with all black look very smart... has anyone got the tan leather? (I think this would be the same as cinammon?) I like the idea, but google images makes it look a bit orange...

Roof headlining anxiety - it’s a thing...
On order
P300 R-dynamic HSE Firenze Red with a few bells and whistles...
03 Ford Focus RS
74 Triumph TR6

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”