Crackling Audio

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
RobG

Re: Crackling Audio

Post by RobG » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:48 pm

I have this issue. They know of the problem and have it on couple of other customer Velars. I'm booked in for a software upgrade next week fom 18C to 18D. They are throwing ACP in as good will.
I'm hoping it is only software fix as it is only intermittent. If it was all the time it would be serious wiring fault or the need for suppressors etc like the good old days... Will let you know what happens...

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:57 pm

Rob.... would be grateful if you could keep me updated , in particular which dealer you are using.... always good to drop a few names if needed. As you say it’s not the most serious of issues but once you know it’s there it’s all I can hear .... fingers crossed then for both of us
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

lajam

Post by lajam » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:37 am

I’ve had the same issue but ONLY starts when I use the HDMI port for some reason, when I disconnect it, the problem would stay until I start the car the following day, I’ve monitored the cause of this problem for months and I’ve brought it up to the dealership, they always bring it back but the problem is one that corrects itself, and as much as I try to prove it to them, it’s difficult.

For now I’d stay away from plugging anything into the HDMI before a road trip...
P250 R-Dynamic SE, Kaikura Stone. Added Options (Windsor Leather, HUD, Ambient Lighting, 360 Camera)

LeeHardy

Post by LeeHardy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:42 am

It occurs on my car once ever 3/4 starts and then corrects itself after a restart.

No use of the HDMI in my car so i dont think this is the reason in my car.
D180 R-Dynamic SE, Corris Grey
Black Pack, Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Extended Leather Upgrade

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:44 pm

During the loading of S18C... firmware and investigating why my phone (Samsung S8) isn't recognised as an Android device by the dealer last week they noted that though all was working fine when they started after some time the USB connectivity suddenly started momentarily disconnecting their test phone. They ended up replacing the complete interface card in the cubbyhole to get it back up and stable.

I have not had any audio issues of the type described in this thread but would think that intermittent short duration breaks in connectivity could cause issues like the ones described.
On order, due December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:21 pm

So fair play to Stratstone Stoke , i texted my salesman on Sunday with the issue and he replied and apologised for the problem. He phoned me today and told me that he had raised the issue at their morning meeting . He informed me that LR are aware of the issue and are sorting a fix. It should be a recall when the LR sort the issue. Now I know I’m new to all this but i am quietly confident this will get resolved at some point. Weirdly enough I couldn’t hear any crackling today !!!!!

RobG

Post by RobG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Had an update from JLR today and spoke to the technician. There is a specific new software update for the crackling audio problem due out in a few weeks time.

zmanrx350

Post by zmanrx350 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:52 am

RobG wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:09 pm
Had an update from JLR today and spoke to the technician. There is a specific new software update for the crackling audio problem due out in a few weeks time.
Is it happening on the 825W or 1600W system?
On Order:MY2019,P380 R-Dynamic HSE,Firenze Red,Textile Wool
seats-Ebony/Light Oyster,20-way seats w/ massage,Convenience Pk, Driver Assist Pk,1600Watt Meridian sound,Active differential,R-Dynamic Black Pack,HUD display,Climate Pk,On/Off Road Pk

Loz

Post by Loz » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:02 pm

My car has had this issue from new with the 1600 W system. That is 12 months without being rectified. Car now rejected for this and a whole host of other issues.

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:34 pm

So again some good news re my cracking audio, whilst there is an irregular crackling noise apparent through Bluetooth audio, phone call and USB audio I was a little more concerned with the rear passenger side speaker which had a more evident rattle when the volume started to increase . So i nipped into my local LR garage ( not where I purchased it from ) and cheekily asked if they’d would come and have a listen before i travelled to my dealer. They did and diagnosed the rattle with the speaker as something loose within the trim .

He then noticed I didn’t seem to have the latest software ( including ACP) on my MY19 . So booked in next week for the rattle , crackling audio an software update.

Can’t really complain so far. I can handle the ‘niggle’ at the moment .

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”