Crackling Audio

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Pcheaven

Re: Crackling Audio

Post by Pcheaven » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:40 pm

ACP is separate to software version and is installed as a smartphone pack on top of 18c
Yours may be latest though. Not sure on that
R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22&20” black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting, remote seat release,heated steering wheel

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:04 am

Pcheaven wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:40 pm
ACP is separate to software version and is installed as a smartphone pack on top of 18c
Yours may be latest though. Not sure on that
Yep, LeeHardy you need them to “activate” the smartphone pack for ACP. You’re on the same version I am and I have ACP.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

LewiJ

Post by LewiJ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 am

I don't think they are rolling our apple car play as standard, but some dealerships are adding it. The latest update allows you to have ACP but that doesn't mean that they will install it. If you get yourself a Topix account and know your VIN number, you can see everything on your car including the software they installed - if you click on the software it shows you what bugs they fixed and what's new etc... really worth taking a look. It also shows you what faults they found and 'fixed' during the build
D180 R-Dynamic SE
Narvik Black
Ebony / Ebony interior - leather
Pano Roof
Privacy Glass
Adaptive Dynamics
20" 1032 Wheels

LeeHardy

Post by LeeHardy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Crackling audio started again today! Car was fine all day but then decided to start crackling this evening. Nightmare as it ruins the audio.

I can tell this is going to be one of those issues where i take it to LR to listen and it will be fine, as soon as i drive off it will kick off again !
D180 R-Dynamic SE, Corris Grey
Black Pack, Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Extended Leather Upgrade

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Get a dash cam and have it record audio as evidence.
R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22&20” black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting, remote seat release,heated steering wheel

LeeHardy

Post by LeeHardy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Pcheaven wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:39 pm
Get a dash cam and have it record audio as evidence.
Thanks! I'll use my phone when it does it again and record the sound :x
D180 R-Dynamic SE, Corris Grey
Black Pack, Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Extended Leather Upgrade

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Has anybody solved this yet. I’ve had my Velar 24 hours and I’ve noticed the crackling audio issue plus my rear near side speaker is buzzing when I turn it up to.about volume 12 and above. I clearly don’t have the latest software fitted as there is no apple car play . This has taken the shine of what otherwise seems to be a great car
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Seems that we all have this Issue. I suppose it is intermittent fault the dealers are well aware of it, they told me they working on a fix be a few weeks. I dnt think it’s a software issue, I recall having to put noise suppression relay on back in the boy racer days when you had multiple amps and a dozen speakers to stop this issues that worked.
It has to be with the Meridian amps not compatible with signaling.
I have a similar issue with my sky box and marant surrounds amp. The sky box is sky’s own brand
It crackles when it swaps channels from 5.1 to steep
I swap over to the old Samsung sky box
No issues.

I defo say it’s a amp issue.

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Yeah i was going down the route of the actual audio system itself...... it’s just bloody annoying and i guess a pig to fix. Oh well i text my salesman earlier and he said we’d start the ball rolling tomorrow with them having a look and listen.
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

LewiJ

Post by LewiJ » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Daws4137 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:39 pm
Has anybody solved this yet. I’ve had my Velar 24 hours and I’ve noticed the crackling audio issue plus my rear near side speaker is buzzing when I turn it up to.about volume 12 and above. I clearly don’t have the latest software fitted as there is no apple car play . This has taken the shine of what otherwise seems to be a great car
Apple car play isnt standard on the latest version of the software. It has the ability to have it but it must be activated. I have the latest version but Stratstone told me they aren’t rolling it out yet. They also said it will be chargeable
D180 R-Dynamic SE
Narvik Black
Ebony / Ebony interior - leather
Pano Roof
Privacy Glass
Adaptive Dynamics
20" 1032 Wheels

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”