Maximum Time without using the car (battery issue)

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
liben96

Maximum Time without using the car (battery issue)

Post by liben96 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:49 am

Hi guys,

There are a couple of posts talking about 'warning battery issue', and I am one of those affected.
I dont know if the problem is the battery, a specific module or a software update. :?

The reality is that if i dont use the car for 3-4 days, I get the warning message. Once I drive it for a few minutes, it dissapears...

The dealer already charged it and told me that if it happens again, they will report it and change it under guarantee.

Is there any specific upgrade (on Topix) for this problem?

I would like to know what is the maximum time that you have been without using the car?

I have read that people with the Evoque or Discovery have been up to 5 weeks...

Thanks

moonlitknight

Re: Maximum Time without using the car (battery issue)

Post by moonlitknight » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:08 pm

My max is 2 weeks.
At some point during that time the susbsystem that supports remote climate starting shut down. When I tried to use it, my remote app displayed a message along the lines of "to preserve battery life, remote starting has been disabled."

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:56 pm

moonlitknight wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:08 pm
My max is 2 weeks.
At some point during that time the susbsystem that supports remote climate starting shut down. When I tried to use it, my remote app displayed a message along the lines of "to preserve battery life, remote starting has been disabled."
I believe it shuts down after a few days. You can program it to wake up, if you’re away longer & know when you will return.
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(

liben96

Post by liben96 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:44 am

moonlitknight wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:08 pm
My max is 2 weeks.
Thanks. 2 weeks is not too bad.
Mine shows the 'low battery' warning after a few (5-6) days.

It has already been charged, but still showing the message. I have read many that many people is complaining about this... and I am not sure if this is something that can be fixed via update (topix bulletin) ???

Walrus

Post by Walrus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:41 pm

I did not use my P300 (10 months old) for 6 weeks and it started immediately with no battery warnings.
P300 R-Dynamic HSE Byron Blue

liben96

Post by liben96 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:30 pm

Walrus wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:41 pm
I did not use my P300 (10 months old) for 6 weeks and it started immediately with no battery warnings.
Good to know. Thanks

liben96

Post by liben96 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:44 am

I have a tracker (Vodafone My Car Connected) and Im not sure if that could be the problem.

Im aware that many people here also have tracker installer installed in their cars... :(

Are you aware of this issue? Does someone with access to Topix can confirm if there is any bulletin talking about this issue?

Thanks

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:38 pm

Did you double lock the car or single lock? Double lock does activate the interior alarm sensors. Maybe they consume energy?

liben96

Post by liben96 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Single lock. :(

AlexP300

Post by AlexP300 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Our term of non usage of our Velar also 2 weeks, after that the message about low battery appears.
If you have this issue try to buy and use a decent charger - I use CTEK for my Velar and motorbike during winter or summer if I do not use it for 10 days or more. I have noticed that many dealers use this gadget as well while cars stay at the showrooms.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”