Smartphone Pack/Apple Car Play, Experts?

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
LeoLondon

Smartphone Pack/Apple Car Play, Experts?

Post by LeoLondon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:10 am

So just ordered my Velar R-Dynamic D300 HSE, gonna have to wait until March :roll:

Does anyone know what the official take is on the Smartphone Pack situation, ie will my Velar be ACP ready? Does it need to be factory installed with hardware/software or both.
I am aware that it is an option for £200 (currently not on any configurator in the UK) but will it be a case of simply activating it through a software update at the factory or dealer.
There's way to much conflicting information out there and the dealers are not very clued up either, any information would be greatly appreciated. :D
R-Dynamic HSE 3.0 D300, Corris Grey, Blk Pack, Eb Windsor, Sliding P Roof, Blk Con Roof, Priv Gls, HUD, Meridian 1600W, Drv Ass Pack, Clim Pack, Config Amb Lights, Illum Trd Plates, Pwr Sockets Rear, Conv Pack, Htd wheel, 21" Blk Gloss Wheels

saqibm

Re: Smartphone Pack/Apple Car Play, Experts?

Post by saqibm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:26 am

Hi Mate,

From what I've learned via the forums I think the following is the case:

New Velar's should come with the latest software required for ACP but will not be activated - dealer activation £200 will be needed.

That's officially anyway, unofficially some people are managing to convince their dealers to activate for free due to bugs in the system etc.

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Got mine Saturday ....No ACP !!!!
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:10 pm

LeoLondon wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:10 am
So just ordered my Velar R-Dynamic D300 HSE, gonna have to wait until March :roll:

Does anyone know what the official take is on the Smartphone Pack situation, ie will my Velar be ACP ready? Does it need to be factory installed with hardware/software or both.
I am aware that it is an option for £200 (currently not on any configurator in the UK) but will it be a case of simply activating it through a software update at the factory or dealer.
There's way to much conflicting information out there and the dealers are not very clued up either, any information would be greatly appreciated. :D

Mine was built yesterday and looking on Topix (using my car's VIN) it is quite explicit, see the extract below.

LESS ACTIVE VANES
LESS AIR QUALITY
LESS ANDROID AUTO
LESS APPLE CARPLAY

LESS AUXILLARY BATTERIES
LESS BAIDU CARLIFE
LESS BREAKDOWN WARNING SIGN
LESS BUMPER APERTURE

At the time I ordered mine (mid Oct) it wasn't possible to specify AA or ACP on the order configurator (customer or dealer versions). As I discussed the lack of the option when I placed the order it will be interesting to see what my dealer does with regards to activating it.

I know on the F-Pace dealers can load and activate AA and ACP as mine was done last week at £0 cost to me.
On order, due December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

LeoLondon

Post by LeoLondon » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks for the replies, I am going to get my dealer onto it, however I am pretty sure from you answers that it will be ACP ready but as you've mentioned will need activation. I guess quite soon it will be on the configurator (it is on the US one) and hopefully can be added before the cut off date. One hopes!
R-Dynamic HSE 3.0 D300, Corris Grey, Blk Pack, Eb Windsor, Sliding P Roof, Blk Con Roof, Priv Gls, HUD, Meridian 1600W, Drv Ass Pack, Clim Pack, Config Amb Lights, Illum Trd Plates, Pwr Sockets Rear, Conv Pack, Htd wheel, 21" Blk Gloss Wheels

LeoLondon

Post by LeoLondon » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Daws4137 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:30 pm
Got mine Saturday ....No ACP !!!!
Let us know if you manage to get it activated with a software update through the dealer, that way we'll know it came out of JLR ACP/AA ready.

musky3415

Post by musky3415 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:26 pm

We ordered Saturday and MrsM rang dealer yesterday about adding tracker and in conversation found that ACP can be added as no cost option so did it on spot. Our revised order paperwork received this morning shows it as a selected option.

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:39 pm

I’ve just posted on another thread re a slight audio issue I have, the dealer ( not where i purchased it from) noticed I didn’t have ACP, stated I should have with MY19 . Booked in for the warranty audio issue and they stated they would do the relevant software update . So ........hopefully ACP coming my way next week. Let’s see.
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

Matty

Post by Matty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Picked up my new Velar last week and ACP wasn’t enabled. Had a issue with the finance paperwork so they enabled it FOC.
R-Dynamic SE
Santorini Black
Black Pack
Privacy Glass

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Spoke to my dealer today to finalise my collection on the 15th and he said if AA and ACP weren't active when the servicing department did the PDI they would activate it prior to my collection.

There appears to be no consistency on this, even between dealers in the same group reading the comments in the thread.
On order, due December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”