Smartphone Pack/Apple Car Play, Experts?

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
dc44back

Re: Smartphone Pack/Apple Car Play, Experts?

Post by dc44back » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:58 am

Unofficial word is that owners’ orders being fulfilled right now, who didn’t have the option to spec the Smartphone pack, should hassle their dealer to get the upgrade FOC.

Mine has after me telling them JLR advises that they have suggested to dealers provide this when asked.

All MY19 models are software compatible but ACP/AA needs to be activated.

If any dealer gives you gip.... be a tiger... grrrrrrrr...
P380 R-Dynamic HSE: Indus Silver, 22" Diamond Turned alloys, Narvik Black roof and.... everything!!!

LeoLondon

Post by LeoLondon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Spoke to JLR today and they have said that a ACP/AA will be available on the Velar (Trim Specific) as a software update either during build or retro upgraded at your dealer if your build is imminent, he said however that in my case which has a March delivery it should be factory upgraded by then, in either case there would be no cost and that he quote" wish the dealers would know this", but they seem to be misinformed most of the time.
Well let's see if what they have said is true, however I gather for sure that all Velars MY19.5 will be enabled, they'll just need activation through the update, whether it will really be free remains to be seen.
R-Dynamic HSE 3.0 D300, Corris Grey, Blk Pack, Eb Windsor, Sliding P Roof, Blk Con Roof, Priv Gls, HUD, Meridian 1600W, Drv Ass Pack, Clim Pack, Config Amb Lights, Illum Trd Plates, Pwr Sockets Rear, Conv Pack, Htd wheel, 21" Blk Gloss Wheels

LeoLondon

Post by LeoLondon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:06 pm

dc44back wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:58 am
Unofficial word is that owners’ orders being fulfilled right now, who didn’t have the option to spec the Smartphone pack, should hassle their dealer to get the upgrade FOC.

Mine has after me telling them JLR advises that they have suggested to dealers provide this when asked.

All MY19 models are software compatible but ACP/AA needs to be activated.

If any dealer gives you gip.... be a tiger... grrrrrrrr...
Great, pretty much echos what I have been told today, so far my dealer has insisted it would be a cost option of £200, seems that would be a retro upgrade cost, I think that if the software upgrade is done at the build stage there'll be no talk of ££££s
R-Dynamic HSE 3.0 D300, Corris Grey, Blk Pack, Eb Windsor, Sliding P Roof, Blk Con Roof, Priv Gls, HUD, Meridian 1600W, Drv Ass Pack, Clim Pack, Config Amb Lights, Illum Trd Plates, Pwr Sockets Rear, Conv Pack, Htd wheel, 21" Blk Gloss Wheels

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:14 pm

I have had AA and ACP added to my 2016 (MY17) F-Pace free of charge (as a sweetener due to some other issues), so it is not limited to MY19 vehicles. It was done when it was upgraded to 18C firmware.
On order, due December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

MTD1988

Post by MTD1988 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:19 pm

Where do I stand as I’ve had my car a week now? Obviously I want ACP, he told me £240+VAT

LeoLondon

Post by LeoLondon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:18 pm

MTD1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:19 pm
Where do I stand as I’ve had my car a week now? Obviously I want ACP, he told me £240+VAT
If you check Page 10 of the UK Specification and Guide Price Brochure (August 2018) it clearly states that SE & HSE models come with "Smartphone Pack consisting of InControl Apps" the Smartphone pack is what dealers are saying you need for ACP/AA.

On the US site by definition the Smartphone Pack includes ACP/AA as an option, therefore if it is included according to the UK Spec & price guide, then it shouldn't be a payable item. This I think needs challenging.

From USA Configurator

Screenshot 2018-12-06 at 22.12.11.png

UK Spec & Price Guide (Aug 2018)

https://www.landrover.co.uk/Images/Rang ... qKEALw_wcB

The guy at JLR told me it would either be factory installed or dealer installed at no cost. I should give them a call and confirm 0370 500 0500.

lawly74

Post by lawly74 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:24 am

I'm due to collect my new velar next week and i'm hoping it has ACP already installed, i think the £200 dealers are asking is a bit poor given the value of these cars and seeing as ACP comes as standard on so many budget vehicles.
MY19.5 Velar R Dynamic SE D180, FUJI WHITE, contrast black roof, full black leather, black pack, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, adaptive dynamics, tracker, service pack :D

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:28 am

Landrover + options = money
They arnt the only premium brand to charge for everything.
R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22&20” black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting, remote seat release,heated steering wheel

lawly74

Post by lawly74 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 am

Pcheaven wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:28 am
Landrover + options = money
They arnt the only premium brand to charge for everything.
i've just heard from my dealer and was told it is chargeable at £200. Because the stratstone deal is so heavily discounted already they can't do it. To be honest as much as i love ACP the main reason i use it is spotify and waze. Spotify works on in-control anyway and i found the pro nav fairy efficient last week in a loan car so would i pay £200 to use waze? Thats what i have to ask myself. I think i'll see how i go and if i really miss waze I'll put my hand in my pocket.
MY19.5 Velar R Dynamic SE D180, FUJI WHITE, contrast black roof, full black leather, black pack, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, adaptive dynamics, tracker, service pack :D

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:54 am

Aside from Apple Music which I use a lot.
ACP isn’t the end all of nav/media systems
The LR one is more than fine for me

Now, if the maps were pinchable / swipe able to navigate, then that would be different.
R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22&20” black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting, remote seat release,heated steering wheel

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”