Range Rover Velar Forum banner

1st service

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  rebel1978 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

My Velar is now 10 months old and has about 15'000 km. I just talked to my dealer to get the apple car play software update and he said that 1st service is due soon. Do you know how often do we have to do the service of our Velars? My previous VW was due every 2 years or 30'000 km.

#2 ·
P250 is 1 year or 16K miles, whichever comes first. You can check due date under vehicle info on dashboard menu.

#4 ·
Topix will also show service history and schedule

#8 ·
rebel1978 said:
Presume 2 years for the D180 too? I'm hoping to not have to spend a penny on this car over the 2 year lease
Yes, the same. If you're within the mileage the service will be due the day you return it. If you're responsible for maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer's schedule, won't that service fall to you? Anything in the lease about returning the car a day early? 😀

#9 ·
It may be due a few days earlier as it will be set as part of the PDI and the counter will count down from then, not necessarily the day you collect the car.

#10 ·
I always arrange for my cars to go back a couple of weeks before the lease runs out . And make sure my new one comes around that time .

#11 ·
MikeJL said:
rebel1978 said:
Presume 2 years for the D180 too? I'm hoping to not have to spend a penny on this car over the 2 year lease
Yes, the same. If you're within the mileage the service will be due the day you return it. If you're responsible for maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer's schedule, won't that service fall to you? Anything in the lease about returning the car a day early? 😀
Thanks. I can return the car at any point in wish but have to pay 55% of the remaining payments. Not sure how much the first service is but if I handed it back a month before the end it would cost me £250ish. Probably not much in it as can't imagine the first service will be a costly one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.