Winter park wipers

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Nowaytk

Winter park wipers

Post by Nowaytk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:33 am

Now it’s getting to that time of year, I thought I’d check out the winter park mode for the wipers, as I was hoping that they behaved like the sport and go back to their normal position when you move off, but no they tend to stay in the same position which is a bit disappointing, as I do find it a bit distracting.
So, the question is, are mine behaving normally or should they, like the sport go back down the screen when you move off ?
300D HSE Dynamic, silicon silver, HUD, heated steering wheel, plus a few more extras :D

Nowaytk

Re: Winter park wipers

Post by Nowaytk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Now with the frosty mornings all about, anyone put theirs into winter park ? That can maybe add to my previous comment?
300D HSE Dynamic, silicon silver, HUD, heated steering wheel, plus a few more extras :D

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm

I haven’t used this setting ..... I don’t quite know what the benefit is.
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

MBvelar

Post by MBvelar » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:06 pm

Be nice if they did go to normal position when select drive ! But they don't
18MY R-Dynamic HSE D240 Corris Grey, Black Pack, 22" Black Rim's, Light Oyster/Ebony, Air-Suspension, Sliding Panoramic Roof

MADEYOULUK

Post by MADEYOULUK » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:12 pm

nope they stay put. Add that to the heated windshield that doesn't really work well... and it is really bad..

Nowaytk

Post by Nowaytk » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:06 am

Daws4137 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm
I haven’t used this setting ..... I don’t quite know what the benefit is.
It puts the wiper blades onto the heated part of the screen, so they don’t stick to the screen, just remember to turn off the auto wipers before you press the start button otherwise they might do a wipe if the sensor is covered, then wait for the heated screen to do it’s job, 👍🏻

Does seem strange that they do drop down on the sport but not the velar, would’ve thought they used same parts / software ?

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”