Range Rover Velar Forum banner

No Velar production in Q1 2019... Production halted

45K views 137 replies 41 participants last post by  Nunp 
#1 ·
Should have known when Land Rover called me it would not be good news. Turns out they are not building ANY Range Rover Velar's in Q1 2019 and are temporarily halting production so it's going be June 2019 or later... [emoji24] [emoji35] [emoji849][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2962]

#3 ·
That's great news if you are selling one :)

#7 ·
If true, I'll be cancelling my order and I doubt I will be alone. Can they really afford to lose customers given the hard times they are going through?

#9 ·
Superfly said:
TheChallinor said:
Should have known when Land Rover called me it would not be good news. Turns out they are not building ANY Range Rover Velar's in Q1 2019 and are temporarily halting production so it's going be June 2019 or later... [emoji24] [emoji35] [emoji849][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2962]
What reason did they give? I was told on Sunday I was still down for March. I questioned if the delays where the engine size and they said there were no problems??
They said no exact reason from Land Rover, I asked about spec change, engine etc but would make no difference as it effects all Velar's.

So either supply chain or production line.

#10 ·
Superfly said:
TheChallinor said:
Ps. Which dealer was this?
Stratstone, Stoke On Trent

#11 ·
TheChallinor said:
Superfly said:
TheChallinor said:
Ps. Which dealer was this?
Stratstone, Stoke On Trent
Well that's me f**ked

#14 ·
Kingoyinbo said:
I called Stratstone Mayfair soon as I saw this post and have been ensured that all orders made before today with a Q1 2019 build date are still going ahead.
If the order is still in the holding pool but placed in October do you think we are screwed then?

I have just emailed Stratstone Stoke and asked them to confirm what's going on.

#15 ·
gazb84 said:
Kingoyinbo said:
I called Stratstone Mayfair soon as I saw this post and have been ensured that all orders made before today with a Q1 2019 build date are still going ahead.
If the order is still in the holding pool but placed in October do you think we are screwed then?

I think we'll be alright, i ordered early October and the person was adamant my order would arrive February 27th as originally stated

#16 ·
If they have stopped production in Q1 then that would point to much larger issues.

However I would suggest that Stratstone have over sold the PCP offer, used up all their build slots and were looking to get more for the extra orders in Q1. It might be that this hasn't panned out and now they are saying production has stopped - but I would suggest only on their orders not confirmed.

Pure speculation at this stage but as mentioned above I don't think they can afford to stop production for a quarter unless it is a major issue.

#17 ·
Sorry to be a naysayer but I'm not convinced this is anymore than Dealership BS.

Spoke to my dealer this week ( not Stratstone) who is assuring an early March delivery date. Plus just spec'ed up on Rockar and saying 11 week delivery for exactly my spec. I'm convinced if this was the case any reputable dealer would be advising customers plus it's commercial suicide for JLR....

#18 ·
musky3415 said:
Sorry to be a naysayer but I'm not convinced this is anymore than Dealership BS.

Spoke to my dealer this week ( not Stratstone) who is assuring an early March delivery date. Plus just spec'ed up on Rockar and saying 11 week delivery for exactly my spec. I'm convinced if this was the case any reputable dealer would be advising customers plus it's commercial suicide for JLR....
I'm going with the thought that this is Stratstone drooping a massive clanger and overselling the deal they had on. If that is the case a call trading standards will be had as they have misled their customers one way or the other.

#19 ·
Kingoyinbo said:
I've been told if you have your build date then it's still going ahead, for others yet to be allocated not so lucky.

#20 ·
gazb84 said:
Kingoyinbo said:

Potentially, I'd be very interested to see what they tell you.

#21 ·
gazb84 said:
musky3415 said:

I'm going with the thought that this is Stratstone drooping a massive clanger and overselling the deal they had on. If that is the case a call trading standards will be had as they have misled their customers one way or the other.
It may well be Stratstone telling a pack of lies, I may call Land Rover CS see if they can shed any light on it.

#22 ·
musky3415 said:

I hope it is BS then if I get proof Stratstone can seriously explain themselves and compensate for the BS.

Dealer said it's only affecting the Velar and he's never heard of this before ever in 20 years.

P.S. what's Rocktar?

#24 ·
musky3415 said:
Rockar is a Land Rover dealer that works as an online dealer only has a showroom in Westfield Stratford London unless someone else can correct me
Ahh ok, if it is because of the offer I'd rather them be straight with me and not lie.

That said it affects all Velar's not just the D180 so I can only take what they are saying as truth.

#25 ·
Starting to make sense now. Did anyone ever get the full Stratstone deal in formal writing. Paperwork reflecting GMFV, APR% etc. They've dropped a massive bollock haven't they?! I got a provisional sales form but no reference to finance terms.

#26 ·
TheChallinor said:
gazb84 said:
musky3415 said:

It may well be Stratstone telling a pack of lies, I may call Land Rover CS see if they can shed any light on it.
I'll call CS tomorrow too if I get nothing from Stratstone. I just get a very dismissive "it'll be here March / April" but every time I've expressed concern. I feel like an inconvenience. I'll be raging if it turns out my past concern on lead times turns out to be a reality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.