No Velar production in Q1 2019... Production halted

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
pmheadwired

Re: No Velar production in Q1 2019... Production halted

Post by pmheadwired » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:55 pm

saqibm wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:12 pm
Spot on the issue is GETTING build dates and allocations, rather than an issue in the actual builds once allocated (I like to think anyway).
Lets just go with that for now :)
MY19.5 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE D180,
Corris Grey
Black Contrast Roof
Privacy Glass,
21" Satin Grey Alloys

Halifaxian

Post by Halifaxian » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:45 pm

Once you get a build date it's pretty accurate from what I've read.
Dynamic SE 180
Silicon Silver
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Acorn
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

TheChallinor

Post by TheChallinor » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Yer it’s definitely a Stratstone build allocation / pool issue due to overselling with the low interest rate.

I’m waiting though, be bonkers not too.
D180 R Dynamic SE in Fuji White with:
Oyster perforated leather interior
Ambient lighting
Driver assist pack
Heated steering wheel
Black roof
Privacy glass
No roof bars
No rear spec badges

Halifaxian

Post by Halifaxian » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:23 pm

Looked at XC90 today....nothing like on spec it costs less but more a month !! Got to hold my nerve....
Dynamic SE 180
Silicon Silver
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Acorn
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

TheChallinor

Post by TheChallinor » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:25 am

Halifaxian wrote:Looked at XC90 today....nothing like on spec it costs less but more a month !! Got to hold my nerve....
I’ve looked at EVERYTHING, can’t beat the Velar its a amazing car, interest rate is killing it.
Ambient lighting
Driver assist pack
Heated steering wheel
Black roof
Privacy glass
No roof bars
No rear spec badges

jibbsy

Post by jibbsy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:10 am

ok so I had my car delivered this weekend. The handover guy at LR said the reason why there are no build slots for the D180s is because they cant make the 2.0 diesel engines fast enough to cope with the recent demand. They also have to build the other types of the engine variants and they cant just put them to one side and also given the recent staff cuts and reduced days have led to these major delays.

TheChallinor

Post by TheChallinor » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:04 pm

jibbsy wrote:ok so I had my car delivered this weekend. The handover guy at LR said the reason why there are no build slots for the D180s is because they cant make the 2.0 diesel engines fast enough to cope with the recent demand. They also have to build the other types of the engine variants and they cant just put them to one side and also given the recent staff cuts and reduced days have led to these major delays.
I asked my dealer if i change engine can I get it any quicker but i was told no....
Ambient lighting
Driver assist pack
Heated steering wheel
Black roof
Privacy glass
No roof bars
No rear spec badges

AnthHFC

Post by AnthHFC » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:52 pm

TheChallinor wrote:
jibbsy wrote:ok so I had my car delivered this weekend. The handover guy at LR said the reason why there are no build slots for the D180s is because they cant make the 2.0 diesel engines fast enough to cope with the recent demand. They also have to build the other types of the engine variants and they cant just put them to one side and also given the recent staff cuts and reduced days have led to these major delays.
I asked my dealer if i change engine can I get it any quicker but i was told no....
That's what I was thinking I've ordered the D180, heard nothing and ordered end of October.. I can keep my BMW (which is family car) till march and luckily have another car so will wait as long as it takes.. BMW are keep asking me to buy an X6 but we have an X4 so fancy something different.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Hold your nerves everyone . I was lucky I jumped on this deal in august and got my car on the 1st December . Trust me its worth the wait. I know you don’t get much feedback from Stratstone dealers ( clearly a company policy) but the car will come . I’ve only done 500 miles so far and most of that is a ridiculously small daily commute, but I’ve done a couple of motorway trips and its a really nice engine, nothing special but more than adequate for me. I don’t live too far from the engine plant in Staffordshire so if needs be i’ll nip down and give them a kick up the arse and get some more D180 engines built 🤔🤔
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

mustremembermylogin

Post by mustremembermylogin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:31 pm

Daws4137 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm
Hold your nerves everyone . I was lucky I jumped on this deal in august and got my car on the 1st December . Trust me its worth the wait. I know you don’t get much feedback from Stratstone dealers ( clearly a company policy) but the car will come . I’ve only done 500 miles so far and most of that is a ridiculously small daily commute, but I’ve done a couple of motorway trips and its a really nice engine, nothing special but more than adequate for me. I don’t live too far from the engine plant in Staffordshire so if needs be i’ll nip down and give them a kick up the arse and get some more D180 engines built 🤔🤔
I couldn't agree more. I picked mine up this afternoon and in the relatively short journey back, I was very impressed with the D180 engine. A surprising amount of low end torque. I was a little concerned having come from an Audi TTS :lol:

The car is well worth the wait - a fabulous drive and place to be. It's just frustrating with the lack of update from dealers and JLR.
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey with Black Contrast Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Cooled Seats, 5 Year Service Pack Ordered 16th October 2018 Build date 21st December 2018 Collected 7th January 2019

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”