Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Over the air update now workng

34K views 87 replies 23 participants last post by  Jim55 
#1 ·
Noticed today I had no mobile connection and guessed data had been used up. Replaced the free SIM with my 3 SIM (recovered from my F-Pace when I part- exchanged it) and all was well. Checked for why the data had been used up and went to updates and whereas yesterday I was running 18C ICTDuo I'm now running 18D.

Anyone else seen this yet?

#5 ·
That's weird i've posted elsewhere that i've got no 4G connection, I assumed it was a network error as 4G pops up for about 30 sec then displays no connection symbol. Only thing is I cant check how much data I've used as I can't get a connection !!!!!

#6 ·
Daws4137 said:
That's weird i've posted elsewhere that i've got no 4G connection, I assumed it was a network error as 4G pops up for about 30 sec then displays no connection symbol. Only thing is I cant check how much data I've used as I can't get a connection !!!!!
That was exactly what I was seeing, brief flash of 4G then no connection.

It did not ask me to confirm the update, it just happened.

When I last checked for updates, probably yesterday as its all new :D , the system reported none available so I was surprised to see it had occurred over night.

#7 ·
I have no data connection (Same issue as reported by others. 4G for 30 seconds then nothing), so I connected the car to wifi.. clicked software updates, no updates available..

I did wonder whether the 4G issue is due to the number of possible updates/downloads occurring over the ubigi network that it has just swamped it.. that said, i know nothing about 4g data / bandwidth...

#8 ·
Andy S said:
This is really something.. I have been having data connection problems too.. still running 18C though, as I just checked..
You may want to try another SIM to see if you data connectivity returns and 18D downloads.

#10 ·
Andy S said:
I have no data connection (Same issue as reported by others. 4G for 30 seconds then nothing), so I connected the car to wifi.. clicked software updates, no updates available..

I did wonder whether the 4G issue is due to the number of possible updates/downloads occurring over the ubigi network that it has just swamped it.. that said, i know nothing about 4g data / bandwidth...
Ubigi monthly allowance is quite small so it is likely if you don't have a full month's allowance available a large download could use all your allowance and would then fail to update if the complete package was not fully downloaded.

I much prefer the 3 offer of 12GB for up to 12 months with no specific monthly allowance just a simple cap.

#11 ·
Barachus said:
Just checked, on 18C no update available
I am connected on my home WiFi, so no data issues
My car also had Wi-Fi access but it looks like the update system is using the mobile connection.

This could be due to the potential more stable mobile connection for most people as the Wi-Fi connection is very localised and subject to dropping out at any moment.

#13 ·
I'm currently running 18B with no option of either 18C or D until mid January. I'll try OTA updates but don't hold out much hope.

Maybe LRs way of updating to the latest update without giving customers ACP/AA?

#14 ·
I got 18D and it's flawless. This is how the Velar should had been delivered. Only thing I really hate are the new background images for the drive modes! I want the gorgeous old ones back. Why do the change something that was perfect, when there're enough things to enhance? &#x1f926-2642;

#15 ·
Joe said:
I got 18D and it's flawless. This is how the Velar should had been delivered. Only thing I really hate are the new background images for the drive modes! I want the gorgeous old ones back. Why do the change something that was perfect, when there're enough things to enhance? &#x1f926-2642;
Glad to hear it's stable, and certainly agree on the new drive mode images. They looked much better before! I'm curious if mine will OTA update to 18D or not.. my only remaining niggle is remote start disabling ACP unless I open the hatch before getting in. Not a terrible one, but annoying when it's frigid out :lol:

#17 ·
Didn't work for me on WiFi or SIM card data.

#18 ·
Just to be clear, when I checked for updates on Friday it indicated that none were available. The update just occurred overnight without any input from me!

#26 ·
zani said:
Where can I see the version sorry I am not use to checking these thx
The software update screen will show the current version

Settings- software update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.