Service interval and Software updates

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Fluke

Service interval and Software updates

Post by Fluke » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:33 pm

I know there’s been a lot of conversation regarding software updates and what is included with the latest version. Picked up my Velar after it’s one year service interval including a software update at no charge. Here are my initial observations/questions:

Apple CarPlay - I now have it and have used a couple times. Seems to work well. Do I like it? No clue

Software update option - over the air updates seem to be available. Connected to WiFi and tried it - says no updates available. I assume this is because I have the most recent update.

New pictures of Velars on drive mode screen.

Nav voice direction seems to be available now - this never worked for me before. Will test more this weekend. One question though: how do I tell the Nav where I want to go? I tried ‘directions to’, ‘route to’, ‘navigate to’, ‘go to’, and a few others. All seemed to confuse the system - how do I ask her to give me directions?

Home screen seems to have a few other options to simplify things - source touch point seems better placed for example.

Auto start/stop bug has returned - it works again. Ugh. I’ve gone about 6 months without having to turn off this option and now I have to get back into habit of turning off every time I start the car. Double-ugh. Our BMW allows us to turn this off permanently based on driver preferences. Triple-ugh

Also regarding service -

They didn’t notice the clearly obvious rattle near the rear passenger side window while driving. Roll window down a bit and back up and it goes away for a while. Again... the service tech didn’t notice this very obvious rattle sound which I hear every time I drive the car.

The noticeable ‘play’ in my drivers seat was also not noticed by the service tech.

The oil level now reads ‘overfilled’. How concerned do I need to be? Probably call the dealer. Sigh.

Oh and the F-Pace I had as a loaner spelled the tires as ‘tyres’. Had to check my Velar to make sure it knows where it is and how to spell tires correctly - it does. Who spells tires ‘tyres’ anyways? :lol:

That’s it for now.
R-Dynamic SE P380 Santorini Black

Daws4137

Re: Service interval and Software updates

Post by Daws4137 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:26 pm

Tyres is the correct spelling . I think you’ll find tires is not the Queens English ....a bit like the word centre .....not center 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😎😎
D180 R-Dynamic SE Corris Grey , panoramic roof, privacy glass....

Pmac13

Post by Pmac13 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:10 pm

I wonder what Colour it is 😉
D180 S, Firenze Red, Acorn leather, a few extra bells and whistles

Fluke

Post by Fluke » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:42 pm

Ha! Colour

My car is blaque. Am I learning?

I do have some real questions up there... like what to say to ask for directions from NAV. Help!

JonnyVTEC

Post by JonnyVTEC » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Say “go to”

The prompts are there when it gets confused them when it think it knows it takes about 30 seconds of small talk to get nav started... it’s quite laboured... that with Apple car play and google assistant. Super slick!

PS the chassis team in Gaydon spell them as tyres

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:42 pm

Sorry British sense of humour .....

Fluke

Post by Fluke » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 pm

I get it... humour/humor.

I was worried my sense of humor on my original post regarding tires/tyres would offend some. Hope it hasn’t. Never know in this world of ours.

I had some comments lined up about the Queens English but decided not to post. :lol: :lol: :D

I am on a UK forum.

American sense of humor...

Daws4137

Post by Daws4137 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:49 pm

Sounds like you’ve got us sussed mate. There’s nothing like some light banter.... bring it on 😀........ along with odd bit of Velar chat of course.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”