Nearing 20k

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
mrgandfriends.co.uk

Nearing 20k

Post by mrgandfriends.co.uk » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:34 am

Well I’m just nudging the 20k mark and will probably pass it this weekend.

Having collected the car in March I have to say it’s been a total cruiser and effortless in everything it does.

Whilst the boggles have mainly been around the ICTP which still is flaky as hell the fact Apple Car Play is now present does resolve some of these things but of course has its own issues.

As for ICTP

Stability of Bluetooth
Text message read outs not working
Map direction no verbal instruction

To name a few all still do not work.

I’ve recently relocated so will be using a new dealer shortly so it’ll be interesting to see how I get on with them and what magic (if any) they can work.

Tyres will probably need changing shortly and think I’ll go Pirelli Scorpion as I’ve not enjoyed the continentals at all.

Unless of course I can look to get a deal at changing the car completely for something else ..... but undecided right now.

But back to the positives -

For a 3L V6 diesel it’s been remarkably economical. And love the little rumble it has when idle.... even if with diesel tones.

With no sign of an SVR - I maybe swayed to a RRS.

Time will tell.
Range Rover Velar, D300 HSE R-Dynamic, Corris Grey, Panoramic Sliding Roof, 21" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5047' with Diamond Turned finish, and a driver that smiles from ear to ear.

J77

Re: Nearing 20k

Post by J77 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:45 pm

On my one sat nav verbal instruction and text read outs were all fixed by the 18B update but then that brought the Bluetooth and Incontrol Apps instability which I’m waiting to get booked in for, one dealer says no update available another says mid January :evil:

Time to start looking for something else I think.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

EriksVelar

LOVE my VELAR

Post by EriksVelar » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:26 pm

I have my FE 300 D since August 2017. Absolute great car. Had BMW and AUDI (Q7) before. Good cars but no real Spirit as this Range Rover !
I had a few small issues which were quick and correctly solved. Just had a full software update yesterday (took 1 1/2 days in the workshop) and I am more than pleased. Response on navigation is super fast now, Apple Car play works magic and my USB ports keep on working....
I am on this forum to follow the progression on updates etc but I have been tempted many times to unsubscribe due to all the negatives.
I admit II had my negatives but also with BMW and Audi.
I was a very early adopter of the Velar in Belgium (one of the first deliveries) and I knew I was taking a risk. But when driving I still enjoy the fabulous ride, the unlimited power and of course the people turning their heads. It's the most beautiful SUV on the market today and I love it. I worked very hard for 35 years to be able to buy and own this beauty and I learned from live that you have to ENJOY it when it last. Stay positive PLEASE !
Before I forget it, Have a great 2019 full of happiness and good health ! Erik

IMG_6769.JPG

mrgandfriends.co.uk

Re: LOVE my VELAR

Post by mrgandfriends.co.uk » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:31 pm

EriksVelar wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:26 pm
I have my FE 300 D since August 2017. Absolute great car. Had BMW and AUDI (Q7) before. Good cars but no real Spirit as this Range Rover !
I had a few small issues which were quick and correctly solved. Just had a full software update yesterday (took 1 1/2 days in the workshop) and I am more than pleased. Response on navigation is super fast now, Apple Car play works magic and my USB ports keep on working....
I am on this forum to follow the progression on updates etc but I have been tempted many times to unsubscribe due to all the negatives.
I was a very early adopter of the Velar in Belgium (one of the first deliveries) and I knew I was taking a risk. But when driving I still enjoy the fabulous ride, the unlimited power and of course the people turning their heads. It's the most beautiful SUV on the market today and I love it. I worked very hard for 35 years to be able to buy and own this beauty and I learned from live that you have to ENJOY it when it last. Stay positive PLEASE !
Thanks Erik.

You’re right there can be some negativity, but I think it’s more frustration I’m sure than anything else.

So what version are you running currently?
Range Rover Velar, D300 HSE R-Dynamic, Corris Grey, Panoramic Sliding Roof, 21" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5047' with Diamond Turned finish, and a driver that smiles from ear to ear.

AnthHFC

Re: LOVE my VELAR

Post by AnthHFC » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:21 pm

EriksVelar wrote:I have my FE 300 D since August 2017. Absolute great car. Had BMW and AUDI (Q7) before. Good cars but no real Spirit as this Range Rover !
Excellent post... And nice car...

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

moonlitknight

Post by moonlitknight » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:07 am

mrgandfriends.co.uk wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:34 am
Well I’m just nudging the 20k mark and will probably pass it this weekend.

Tyres will probably need changing shortly and think I’ll go Pirelli Scorpion as I’ve not enjoyed the continentals at all.

Time will tell.
I'm in the same position. What issues have you had with the Continentals?

mrgandfriends.co.uk

Post by mrgandfriends.co.uk » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Mainly lifting on water which I’ve never experienced before and it’s quite disturbing.

I suspect they’ve gone passed their prime so just feel the Pirelli maybe a better tyre.

Fluke

Post by Fluke » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 pm

My text messaging via Velar stopped working for me after the recent OS update to my iPhone. Had to set ‘show notifications’ back to ON within the RR Velar device option in Bluetooth settings on phone. Works fine now.

Most of my other issues with technology went away with latest update.

Also have ACP now - take it or leave it so far.
R-Dynamic SE P380 Santorini Black

zmanrx350

Post by zmanrx350 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:01 am

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm
Mainly lifting on water which I’ve never experienced before and it’s quite disturbing.

I suspect they’ve gone passed their prime so just feel the Pirelli maybe a better tyre.
You could try Siping the tyres to improve the water shedding. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siping_(rubber)#Tires
MY2019,R-Dynamic HSE P380,Firenze Red,Textile Wool seats-Ebony/Light Oyster,20-way seats w/ massage,Convenience Pk, Driver Assist Pk,1600Watt Meridian sound,Active differential,R-Dynamic Black Pack,HUD display,Climate Pk,On/Off Road Pk,20" wheels

moonlitknight

Post by moonlitknight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm

I've had the same experience, in my case since new so I don't put it down to wear.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”