New Build Questions - Dealer not terribly helpful

All Range Rover Velar related discussions
Thomasb10

New Build Questions - Dealer not terribly helpful

Post by Thomasb10 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 am

Hi All, I’ve been working on a custom build with my local dealer and had a few questions that they can’t seem to answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. It will be a 19.5 model year, any insight into differences vs. 19? A little worried about added sticker shock from an unknown change.

2. Didn’t want the illuminated R Dyn metal front and rear tread plates, but they said the system won’t let them remove this or the Chrome IP caps. Maybe standard with 19.5 build?

3. Can the side mirrors be folded in and out with the push of a button regardless if in the car is in drive or reverse? This will be important for getting in and out my garage

4. I’m getting the 21” satin grey 1033 wheels and the suggested the black locking nuts in the wheel protection kit. Do you think this is necessary and do you chrome would look better with the Satin black rims?

Paulsamphire

Re: New Build Questions - Dealer not terribly helpful

Post by Paulsamphire » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi I can only help with your 3rd question. Yes you can. If you push both buttons at the same time either side of the stick you use to move the mirrors your wing mirrors will fold in 😊

LeoLondon

Post by LeoLondon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:31 pm

I take it you have configured the car at landroverusa.com first? (use configure your build and not recommended builds)

1. What engine size and trim?
2. Definitely a configurable option and so long as you haven't firmed up the order there's no reason why they cannot be removed, R-Dynamic tread plates are front only, rear illuminated load space scuff plate is a separate option and also configureable.
3. On my Evoque you could press two buttons at the same time to fold in the wing mirrors whilst manoeuvring in narrow spaces, since I am still waiting for my Velar, cannot be 100%, however, I don't see why it should be any different, a current owner should be able to confirm this.
4. Personal taste I guess, I would get the black ones, otherwise the wheels could end up looking a bit blingy!
R-Dynamic HSE 3.0 D300, Corris Grey, Blk Pack, Eb Windsor, Sliding P Roof, Blk Con Roof, Priv Gls, HUD, Meridian 1600W, Drv Ass Pack, Clim Pack, Config Amb Lights, Illum Trd Plates, Pwr Sockets Rear, Conv Pack, Htd wheel, 21" Blk Gloss Wheels

Thomasb10

Post by Thomasb10 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:04 pm

Yes used configure my build. There just seems to be some inconsistencies with the consumer online tool build and the dealer build as far as what is selectable.

Another inconsistency is that adding the tow hitch receiver on the dealer side, does not default to add the fixed rear eye as it does on the website build tool.

I am getting a P250 SE R Dyn

zmanrx350

Post by zmanrx350 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:09 pm

To really know what is different, ask your dealer to share the internal LR document "What is New". Attached is my USA copy from back in June-2018 when I was building my MY19.

what is new on the 2019 Velar model.pdf
(815.72 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

MY2019,R-Dynamic HSE P380,Firenze Red,Textile Wool seats-Ebony/Light Oyster,20-way seats w/ massage,Convenience Pk, Driver Assist Pk,1600Watt Meridian sound,Active differential,R-Dynamic Black Pack,HUD display,Climate Pk,On/Off Road Pk,20" wheels

Thomasb10

Post by Thomasb10 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:51 am

Thank yoi, will try. I’m shocked by the lack of responsiveness from the dealer and my inability to get anyone to answer or return my calls.

KIZZYP

Post by KIZZYP » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 am

Ok im now confused ...is my order of a D275 expected mid March still going to come with the air suspension ???
Awaiting delivery of .....D275 R DYNAMIC SE BYRON BLUE , ACORN INT LEATHER , 21" 10SPK GLOSS BLACK WHEELS , OPENING PAN ROOF, AMBIENT LED LIGHTING , 360 CAMERA , ON/OFF ROAD PACK. PRIVACY GLASS.

LeoLondon

Post by LeoLondon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:24 am

KIZZYP wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 am
Ok im now confused ...is my order of a D275 expected mid March still going to come with the air suspension ???
This post pretty much pertains to the US market, air suspension is still included with D275 here in the UK.
Last edited by LeoLondon on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R-Dynamic HSE 3.0 D300, Corris Grey, Blk Pack, Eb Windsor, Sliding P Roof, Blk Con Roof, Priv Gls, HUD, Meridian 1600W, Drv Ass Pack, Clim Pack, Config Amb Lights, Illum Trd Plates, Pwr Sockets Rear, Conv Pack, Htd wheel, 21" Blk Gloss Wheels

KIZZYP

Post by KIZZYP » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:35 pm

Thanks...the air suspension was one of the factors in deciding on the V6 in the first place.
Awaiting delivery of .....D275 R DYNAMIC SE BYRON BLUE , ACORN INT LEATHER , 21" 10SPK GLOSS BLACK WHEELS , OPENING PAN ROOF, AMBIENT LED LIGHTING , 360 CAMERA , ON/OFF ROAD PACK. PRIVACY GLASS.

Thomasb10

Post by Thomasb10 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 pm

So the air suspension will no longer be included in the US 4 cylinder version? That is a major bummer.

Return to “Main Range Rover Velar chat”